• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

If anyone was thinking of getting the hobbywing motor heatsink and fan combo i wouldn't bother, i completely obliterated the fan after 3 runs at the bmx track, it was jumping like 10ft in the air but still....

I've got a high speed alu surpass fan in the esc now aswell and it's suprisingly good quality for chinesium. It's probably twice as powerful as the stock max8 one. Esc was mid to high 40's before now barely goes over 35

Can anyone here say if M1 translates to Mod 1? These seem a good price, just not sure if I’ll be testing the electrics too much on them?

DollaTek 5PCS M1 5mm 18T 19T 20T 21T 22T Pinion Engine Gear for Rc Car 1/8 Brushed Brushless Motor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08881PLQ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_52JGSNV0X3BNVC5YT3RV

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

My mod 1 pinions are marked M1 like those linked to so i would say yep mod 1 pinions 

Thanks mate. What size pinion are you guys running? I’m wondering if these will be too big.

17 tooth in the H7's and VSe's

you may get away with the 18 tooth if its the 2000kv motor as ours dont run hot with the 17 tooth and if i remember right motors below or touching 60c 

46 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

17 tooth in the H7's and VSe's

you may get away with the 18 tooth if its the 2000kv motor as ours dont run hot with the 17 tooth and if i remember right motors below or touching 60c 

I’ll just get a 17 tooth. Don’t want to take the risk straight off. I’ve a feeling I have an 18 tooth on the other VSe, but would need to check.

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Get same as whats on other VS then as you know it works :good:

Just checked and it has 19 teeth. The fan on the motor has packed up, and it still doesn’t get too hot, so will do the same on the new one. To be fair, the car has never been fully tested, usually little breaks during use, so will keep an eye on it. They both have 2200kv motors

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

OMG i know what our H7's go like on 17 i can only imagine what they would be like with 19 tooth :insane:

It’s borderline uncontrollable on 6s and has one hell of an appetite for tyres; if they don’t come unglued, they tend to tear. That little niggle aside, it’s just plain fun!

excuse the fact it’s upside down, and covered in sand in the photo

25BE72CC-DFDB-40CD-8C5B-AD978C29457B.thumb.jpeg.d146f28d503d0353bd98907c9cb1bf47.jpeg

Edited by Ant.p
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snapped a front lower pin in half today and sheered off the front skid plate, so looks like i need some new lower arms and pins, there goes my fun for the week 😁 whoops 😥 hopefully nothing else broke, i think the chassis is still straight lol

Would the ST bumper bolt onto the VS? The stainless skids plates are pretty crap i've snapped 2 of them already

Edited by Scottyb

20 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Can anyone here say if M1 translates to Mod 1? These seem a good price, just not sure if I’ll be testing the electrics too much on them?

DollaTek 5PCS M1 5mm 18T 19T 20T 21T 22T Pinion Engine Gear for Rc Car 1/8 Brushed Brushless Motor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08881PLQ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_52JGSNV0X3BNVC5YT3RV

I run similar ones. Seem fine

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Have any of you exploded diffs?  If so under what circumstances?

Fortunately I’ve only seen this in the manual. Wish I could say the same for tyres.

have you managed to destroy one of yours?

Has anyone tried truggy wheels/tyres on the 7/VS or some sort of "wheel spacer" or are there any wheels that are noticeably bigger than the standard ones on the inside? I've got standard wheels and I think some fastrax ones but there's barely 1mm clearance on the arms inside the wheel.

I've got something binding at the front and pretty sure it's the wheels grinding away at the steering and camber arm plastics. It's been doing it since I got it and have put numerous packs through it in the hope it would grind them down enough to free the wheels off but it hasn't. I can't go full lock on the steering either as either set of wheels get caught and stuck on something if I do (I think it's the steering arm getting caught inside the wheel). I don't understand why it's so tight, you think they would make the inner wheel at least a few mm bigger....

In all honesty i have no idea the diferences but you can still get Hyper7's new tho :cheers:

As for price for a roller i suppose £50-£80 depending condition  maybe a bit more if really good condition :good:

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

you can still get Hyper7's new tho :cheers:

I’m looking for a cheap entry point though and as I’m only interested in electric power if I was to buy new I’d be better with a VSE wouldn’t I?

• Like 1