• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky GT3B/C or Alternative?

Bix

Personal experience no doubt factors into these things.

I had a Skoda Fabia MK1 VRS and put over a 100k on it before I moved it on, spent the 5 Years of my ownership telling friends and family how solid it was. Went and replaced it with a Octavia VRS MK2 and the thing was a bloody pig! ECU lost the plot and took the wiring loom and two injectors out with it! Wouldn’t touch another one now with a barge pole!

As long as we’re happy with the gear we use that’s the main thing I suppose.

No doubt if I had a some £1000 rigs I’d be looking to spend a few more pounds on my radio setup. But with the rigs I have hopefully the FlySky will fit the bill nicely :good:

• Thanks 1

Still not sure why you'd need anything more than a gt3 even with a petrol 5th scaler, I mean it has a 3rd channel for a kill switch, what else do you need?

ive had my gt3c for some time now and had no issues, but I've had problems with both my speccys... Probably would get another speccy if the price was right, as I do like the feel of them in my hand.

I have 1000 rigs with the upgrades  and I have the money to buy a 900 transmitter  if I wanted but I'm very happy with my cheapo gt3c for me if it works then no point changing it, guys at our track have the 4 to 600 transmitters but each to there own 

1 hour ago, Bix said:

Mate that’s incredibly generous of you! Expect a PM in a minute, we’ll have to agree an additional token payment figure as I can’t be that cheeky :thumbsup:

its fine mate I don't want any money for it I have 4 of them I  should stop buying 1/5th cars lol

Lmao, @Gavster29, missed my point mate, I was referring to putting nasty cheap oil in a expensive motor that would require a synthetic oil as all modern 30k motors would use. I have 20 odd years of mechanical experience and yeah, I know what oil goes into cars :good:

anyway, the thread wasn’t “look how much my car cost”

it was flysky or alternative I believe.

anyway I’ll bow out of this now before I get myself carried away :rofl:

Lmao, [mention=40378]Gavster29[/mention], missed my point mate, I was referring to putting nasty cheap oil in a expensive motor that would require a synthetic oil as all modern 30k motors would use. I have 20 odd years of mechanical experience and yeah, I know what oil goes into cars :good:

anyway, the thread wasn’t “look how much my car cost”

it was flysky or alternative I believe.

anyway I’ll bow out of this now before I get myself carried away :rofl:
My point was it doesn't have to be nasty if it's cheap! Just like the FlySky cheap but by no means nasty and does the job well imo!

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

I've ran both 3B and 3C for a few years. Both been great, reliable, nice bright screen. 3C is my favourite of the two as it's lighter, nicer looking, slimmer unit, foam wheel pad too. Prefer the toggle button on the 3B though to the one which the 3C has..

For me there is no difference between my gt2 and speccy dx2. Both plastic fantastic, if anything I prefer the switches on the gt2 but I've never been a label queen so brand names add nothing for me.

If someone judged me on what radio I was using instead if my driving/flying then I'd laugh in their face. I cant stand people so shallow they go by the name not what it does.

• Like 2

the quality of the products coming out of the far east has improved greatly, but still cheap in price, i base my purchases on performance not brand, and the flysky's perform great for what i use them for

• Like 1

20 hours ago, big gaz said:

Suppose we will have to agree to disagree,  I’ll turn up to a meet or scale comp with my modded rig and use my spektrum radio, comfy in hand for longer periods of time, I can smoke and drive. Not turn up with something out of a cracker :good:

Something out of a cracker, So were is the line that a radio go's from a cracker radio to one considered meet worthy in your eyes. If the GT3b is a cracker radio compared to your Spectrum(Whichever one it is), The Sanwa and Futaba crowed at your meets must think you've just pulled one, If I'm looking at spending any kind of real money on a radio, It's not gonna be a Spectrum.

If your gonna say that you like Spectrum and there another option to look at, Then OK , But you need to base the cracker comment on more than just price, Cos there are a hole host here that will let you know that it's not based technical fact.

18 hours ago, big gaz said:

Lmao, @Gavster29, missed my point mate, I was referring to putting nasty cheap oil in a expensive motor that would require a synthetic oil

Your point doesn't help you, Unlike your expensive motor,  No RC car requires a top of the range radio to run well and reliably. 

• Like 2

On 15/01/2018 at 11:24, big gaz said:

Spektrum every time, the fly sky stuff is cheap for a reason, it’s cheap! 

The spektrum/futaba/sanwa sets feel much better quality in hand and features, receivers are a little pricey compared to the fly sky though.

personally I would say, spent the most you can afford.

i wouldn’t want to turn up at a meet with a fancy Rc all controlled with el cheapo radio gear. I’ve spent just as much on the tools, batteries, radios, servos and workshop consumables over time that would probably cost as much as the Rc I have too, (nothing I own is stock either :good:)

@babylon, Did you bother to read the whole thread? I’m fairly sure I mentioned 3 brands of radio. 

Oh oh and if it makes you feel better, I’m sorry for mentioning spektrum, after all you know everything :whistling:

tell you what, you buy and use your “bargain basement” radio gear. 

Ill stick to spektrum, oh and only reason I haven’t got a futaba or sanwa is that there just not comfortable to hold for long periods of time.

but again sorry, I should have speculated every minor detail as to why I chose spektrum.

crack on fella :yawn:

just my 2p....... ive never had good experiences with flysky.... always have glitches and los binding issues. also used Absima CR4T which also had glitch issues. i;ve used spektrum for a fair few years and yeah they can be pricey and i suppose they can be more money that what people need. recently i've bought a sanwa MT44 which is well pricey for some, but for my needs its awesome. all the bells and whistles i need for drifting. but this comes at a cost which can be too much for tcasual basher or runners. Its each to there own there will always be owners and past owners of all brands which love or hate them... for me im a hater of flysky.. i must have had the friday afternoon quality batches. And as already said they are cheap and in many cases work fine, but not for me.

Im sure flysky and other budget brands have there place in the market. as do spektrum, sanwa, futaba, and so on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yoodoo said:

Ran my 3K+  5T on a GT3c , great radio and dirt cheap with n o issues.
J

and as i said i must be unlucky......i think i ran into issue when there was a lot of transmitters on at the same time , large event (scaler nationals) and other large drift meets... its not good when you get glitching on any radio..

I'm not gonna say the the GT is perfect, There is a place a few of us went were the Flysky would just lose signal in a certain area, But other than that I have never had a problem, It is down to personal feel and what you like, I can't bring myself to use anything other than Hobbywing cos I have had nothing other than good experience with them.

But it is anything but a cracker radio,It's a solid reliable bit of kit, That just so happens to be cheap as well.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:27, Bix said:

Mate that’s incredibly generous of you! Expect a PM in a minute, we’ll have to agree an additional token payment figure as I can’t be that cheeky :thumbsup:

sent this via royal mail this  morning mate have sent you a pm