• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

Installed the Pro Scale light kit and roll bar light to the F150 High trail. The software seems a bit buggy as some functions dont always work. I couldnt get the light bar to work in port M so tried it in port N and it is always on. Anyone else used their lighting?

Reconnected light bat to port N and it now works. Using the app is also a bit laggy. I dont think the software reacts as quickly as the steering and throttle inputs to turn the indicator/brake/reverse lights on/off, so probably not buggy software but sometimes slow.

MPL2CQn.jpgDM7z3y1.jpg

Edited by locky
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Good pics mate and it looks great in the forest and mud :good:

It sure gives me a lot of fun, i just wish there was more that went on with rc in this area, there is an on road track probably 30 miles from me but im not really into that

• Like 1

On 20/07/2023 at 20:45, Shergar said:

I just love the smell of GT85 🤣

I heard and read about GT85 but never used it myself what does it smell like is it like WD40 ? 

Alright so I’ve not touched the TRX4 for a while now and was looking at it earlier and have worked out why now I’m not sure if this is just me but I don’t like using it because of the body not because it’s a problem but because I don’t want to ruin it so have been looking at all different types of body’s and parts for the last couple of days and seem to keep coming back to this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-110-rockee-pickup-rear-cage-hardbody-313mm-324mm-white-1334535  I’ve also taken a liking to the proline 1964 power wagon shell https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/pro-line-1946-dodge-power-wagon-clear-body-425534 but I’m not sure it would fit with the rear shock towers as it says it fits the SCX10 and Vaterra Ascender 🤔 has anyone have any experience with either one of these shells ?

• Like 1

The 1st link for the rokee pickup says its compatable with the bronco and landy trx4 also thats the 1 i prefer as well :good:

plus i will worry about trashing the body when its trashed mate :rofl:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

The 1st link for the rokee pickup says its compatable with the bronco and landy trx4 also thats the 1 i prefer as well :good:

plus i will worry about trashing the body when its trashed mate :rofl:

I do like the look of tray backs or what ever they are called and is my first choice as well but the power wagon is calling me to do an old very old 🤣 ex military themed build 🤔 just wanted something that I couldn’t give a monkey about getting beat up as the defender only has a little scuff on the arch so far and want as clean as possible for when it’s on display 😁

• Like 1

On 30/05/2023 at 09:08, RC4WD fan said:

Really it’s that effected by hot glue ? I’ve used hot glue on multiple poly body’s to do what you did and didn’t warp any of them 

back to the drawing board I suppose 🤔

you could use UHU POR glue to bond some Lexan scraps to inside of shell but it must be POR as its plastic safe

• Like 2

On 27/06/2023 at 13:31, locky said:

Installed the Pro Scale light kit and roll bar light to the F150 High trail. The software seems a bit buggy as some functions dont always work. I couldnt get the light bar to work in port M so tried it in port N and it is always on. Anyone else used their lighting?

Reconnected light bat to port N and it now works. Using the app is also a bit laggy. I dont think the software reacts as quickly as the steering and throttle inputs to turn the indicator/brake/reverse lights on/off, so probably not buggy software but sometimes slow.

MPL2CQn.jpgDM7z3y1.jpg

nice, how did you get the clear windows on the hi-trail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

nice, how did you get the clear windows on the hi-trail

I used Desolvit as had a can for many years but nor available now afaik, however Tamiya Polycarbonate Cleaner does the same, availability in uk is still poor, 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shergar said:

I’m going to Halfords soon to get some paint for my winter project so if they have some GT85 I’ll buy some 👍

as for getting the shell from the source what’s the experience like with them  delivery time if anything is broken on delivery what’s the customer service like ? only reason I was going to buy from the uk was it’s quicker and if anything is wrong with it it’s quicker to get sorted out unless there’s quite a price difference that is ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shergar said:

Injora has always been quick and arrives in one piece for me, but if its not far adrift price wise, I’m with you on a local purchase.

Looked on the main Injora website and the official one on aliexpress only going to be around £17 to £20 difference so will probably get one in the UK 👍

but that pro-line power wagon keeps calling my name 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...