• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Does look smart 👍

I need to pull my finger out and make a start on the new shell only need to get some sand ladders and reflective stickers and will be good to go hopefully the servo will be here by the weekend 🤞

Well chop de fu@&ing chop then 🤣🤣 i quite enjoy the tinkering side of things, i just hope when im old and grey i will still be fit and able to still tinker about with stuff

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Well chop de fu@&ing chop then 🤣🤣 i quite enjoy the tinkering side of things, i just hope when im old and grey i will still be fit and able to still tinker about with stuff

Alright settle down 🤣 almost got all the bits I’m wanting to have everything ready to go before I start 👍

but I’m also more into the tinkering side of things with my all my past present and no doubt future RC’s 🤣 but you shouldn’t be worried about can you still tinker with RC’s when you get older should be can you still afford it 😆

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

Alright settle down 🤣 almost got all the bits I’m wanting to have everything ready to go before I start 👍

but I’m also more into the tinkering side of things with my all my past present and no doubt future RC’s 🤣 but you shouldn’t be worried about can you still tinker with RC’s when you get older should be can you still afford it 😆

Well yea thats a fair point! The biggest cost is initially buying a model but once you have it costs do go down……………………………🤔 well thats my theory anyways

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

Well yea thats a fair point! The biggest cost is initially buying a model but once you have it costs do go down……………………………🤔 well thats my theory anyways

I agree about the initial cost of the RC but strongly disagree about costs going down after 🤣 I’m not buying RC’s now I’m buying unnecessary stuff for the ones I have 🙄

• Haha 1

I agree about the initial cost of the RC but strongly disagree about costs going down after 🤣 I’m not buying RC’s now I’m buying unnecessary stuff for the ones I have 🙄

Unnecessary, its a necessity! 🤣 is it not the golden man rule, “he who dies with most toys wins”

• Haha 3

🤣 fair point 

on a plus note my new servo arrived today 😁 going to do all my weekend tasks today and tomorrow so come Sunday the TRX4 is getting used even if it’s bad weather 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well made a start with the new body and wheels made up the wheels with temporary tyres  0FD0486E-BA22-40BC-BE38-0A9564AB5ACA.thumb.jpeg.1dd7bf22b916d517f79e6347e916a0b9.jpeg all was going good until I tried to mount the wheels withe the wheel but as tight as it will go the wheels are not sitting tight on the hex if that makes sense ? they wobble and move in and out a couple millimetres so need some small washers 🙄 look good on it though even though I can’t use them yet 🤣 5A606FBC-A7B1-4AF6-8D7E-4768E9F83569.thumb.jpeg.d1f452ad1cae5e6dc45c9dc6065d8ca2.jpeg will look better on the new body in gunmetal 👍

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

they do look good tho :good:

Very much so glad I got them 😁 I really hope the new look I’m going for turns out the way I have it in my head that’s why I’m talking my sweet time with it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/05/2023 at 19:04, RC4WD fan said:

Well made a start with the new body and wheels made up the wheels with temporary tyres  0FD0486E-BA22-40BC-BE38-0A9564AB5ACA.thumb.jpeg.1dd7bf22b916d517f79e6347e916a0b9.jpeg all was going good until I tried to mount the wheels withe the wheel but as tight as it will go the wheels are not sitting tight on the hex if that makes sense ? they wobble and move in and out a couple millimetres so need some small washers 🙄 look good on it though even though I can’t use them yet 🤣 5A606FBC-A7B1-4AF6-8D7E-4768E9F83569.thumb.jpeg.d1f452ad1cae5e6dc45c9dc6065d8ca2.jpeg will look better on the new body in gunmetal 👍

I had this with a set of fastrax wheels the centre holes werent big enough, i drilled them out to 6mm

5 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

I had this with a set of fastrax wheels the centre holes werent big enough, i drilled them out to 6mm

The centre hole is the right size it’s hard to explain but here go’s

the thread on the axle that the m4 lock nut go’s on just after the hex the thread starts a little bit after that with the hubs on the wheels being the 4mm wide ones comes with them the lock nut go’s all the way down to where the thread stops but got some small washers and now fit great 👍 

I’ve had this issue with a couple of RC’s no big deal could get wider hubs or hex’s but would stick to far out 

The centre hole is the right size it’s hard to explain but here go’s

the thread on the axle that the m4 lock nut go’s on just after the hex the thread starts a little bit after that with the hubs on the wheels being the 4mm wide ones comes with them the lock nut go’s all the way down to where the thread stops but got some small washers and now fit great 👍 

I’ve had this issue with a couple of RC’s no big deal could get wider hubs or hex’s but would stick to far out 

I know what your getting at, basically there isint enough thread on the shaft to tighten the nut against the wheel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I know what your getting at, basically there isint enough thread on the shaft to tighten the nut against the wheel

Exactly what I was trying to say but the long way of saying it 🤣

• Haha 1

I should’ve just got a red body instead of a clear one really starting to like the red ones 🤣 hopefully the gunmetal grey will please me 😆might be painting it over the weekend nearly done drilling holes 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh it is a nice red that it comes in 

Yrkoon has the blue 1 and thats nice as well :good:

Just me wanting something different and in the process costing more 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi I recently bought a trx4 sport.I fitted injora tyres and beadlocks and a 12 turn motor out of my traxxas rally and on 2s its great fun.Loads more wheel speed and still crawls fine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I really like the orange body, but cant bring myself to buy 1 and then add all the details too it like what i have done to mine, once mine is done and its time to replace though

That’s what happened with my purple one so got another one to do the recovery theme 👍

then when that’s done will probably get another one 🤣do want to do a pick up style body 🤔

11 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

When i was an apprentice at work we had a v8 range rover classic recovery truck  that was converted to 6x6, it was well cool

Don’t think my skills will allow me to make one of them 🤣

• Haha 1