• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

I havnt managed to get the TRX4 up that bit . The extra axle on the 6 really helps it to get over things the 4 cant

Both the TRX4 and TRX6 are pretty well brassed up as well plus i have wheel weights in all the wheels about 60 grammes per wheel :good:

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

I havnt managed to get the TRX4 up that bit . The extra axle on the 6 really helps it to get over things the 4 cant

Both the TRX4 and TRX6 are pretty well brassed up as well plus i have wheel weights in all the wheels about 60 grammes per wheel :good:

I have some questions about adding weight. Is it best to add unsprung weight bit by bit or are you just throwing it all on? Do you know how much has been added? Does the extra weight compromise going downhill, or does the Fusion Pro help this?

Usually i buy beadlocks and add the wheel weight which to me improved it but still found it a bit top heavy ( i have the Landy )

I then added the brass portal covers etc later but i havnt really had it out since i did that 

I did the same with the TRX6 and that has improved it a fair bit as it doesnt topple quite as much as before 

Whether what ive done is right or wrong i dont know

As for the extra weight and going downhill it went how i wanted it to go  ( Iwasnt using the drag brake ) just coasting down under its own weight with a dab of brakes 

Not had it out properly since fitting the fusion pro just trundling about garden etc

Oh and from what ive read unsprung weight is better hth

Edited by Stormbringer

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Measure the tray and check against battery dimensions but i dont see why it wouldnt fit tho  as my vorjay 7200 2s batteries fitted the Traxxas tray

Its a few mm taller and was concerned the lid thingy wouldnt close, at nearly 1/2 the cost of the traxxas battery it would be a good buy if it fitted of course

12 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Its a few mm taller and was concerned the lid thingy wouldnt close, at nearly 1/2 the cost of the traxxas battery it would be a good buy if it fitted of course

Can you put some washers/spacers so the latch sits a bit higher ? but you might need to cut a slit in the side for the wires 

If the lid thingy doesnt close take it of and use a velcro strap  so it would still be worth getting the battery 

The tray is geared to Traxxas battery dimensions 

So i got my other prop shafts fitted and am much happier with these, when i went to swap them over my allen key bit handily snapped in the grub screw thing and no matter what i did i couldnt get the tip out, so had to grind away down to the shaft that comes out of the diff pinion and chap the rest out with a hammer and punch, also got the rear light protectors fitted, used nuts and bolts with the head of the bolt on the inside as these were smaller than the nut to take up as little space as possible, and am very happy with the end result and this next bit is probably my best fail as of to date 🤣 🙄 so went to plug the connecter into the module took a pic to show you guys, alls great in the world at this point and a feeling of a job well done then when unplugging it again the sheath thing (sheath 😂) came off the end of the plug now my lights still worked correctly up to this point, so a spot of super glue will keep the bit on easy fix, well no with the added bonus of insulating the terminals and now not being able to plug it back in as everythings got super glue in it, a little bit of that stuff gets everywhere really quickly might i add let alone work anymore, i did get a pin and a little drill in a pair of pliers and managed to clear the holes out, but now the lights are a bit flickery ffs, so the top tip of the day on the internet is dont put superglue anywhere near electrical connectors! Oh i did have 1 more fail, i managed to rip a hole in a tyre but on this instance superglue was definitely the right product to fix it

IMG_1848.jpeg

IMG_1847.jpeg

IMG_1849.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1

47 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Can you put some washers/spacers so the latch sits a bit higher ? but you might need to cut a slit in the side for the wires 

Then the traxxas batteries will just wallop about in there 🤣 nice idea though, i suppose i could use a bit of foam for them

Edited by wolfie1

44 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

If the lid thingy doesnt close take it of and use a velcro strap  so it would still be worth getting the battery 

The tray is geared to Traxxas battery dimensions 

I like the lid thingy though 🤔

10 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

so did i till i found some of my batteries didnt fit lol i now use a low cog battery holder 

but thats up to you tho mate 

Hmmmm, decisions decisions, just wish there was more of an RC presence in this area to actually try a battery first, once upon a time there was 8 of us that used to go out on a Sunday with our cars which was great but we all kinda went our own ways when life pulled us that way and i dont think they are still into it anymore ☹️

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

Then the traxxas batteries will just wallop about in there 🤣 nice idea though, i suppose i could use a bit of foam for them

I thought you were go getting the battery you linked and was going to use that instead 🤣

2 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I thought you were go getting the battery you linked and was going to use that instead 🤣

I have 2 traxxas ones already, just thought more would be better if im away all day somewhere

Well this is interesting, the inflatable tyres i ordered arrived today and i tried them on, these are only a few mm smaller than the mud slinger xl tyres and there is only the slightest of rubs on full lock, even on full suspension compression, i reckon this can be eliminated with adjusting the lower arms longer. I have as comparison the mud slinger2.2 and the 1.9 trilig tyres

IMG_1851.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1852.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1858.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok so playing with the length of the front suspension arms has eliminated all body rub, now i already adjusted the length of the front upper suspension arm and now it needs a little bit more, so this link needs to be longer as i wouldn't want to adjust out and further so thats trx8144 thats needed, you know i think these mud slinger xl might just work!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Well this is interesting, the inflatable tyres i ordered arrived today and i tried them on, these are only a few mm smaller than the mud slinger xl tyres and there is only the slightest of rubs on full lock, even on full suspension compression, i reckon this can be eliminated with adjusting the lower arms longer. I have as comparison the mud slinger2.2 and the 1.9 trilig tyres

IMG_1851.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1852.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1858.jpeg

Are you going for the arctic adventure style look because I’m getting that vibe from the pic and I like it 👍

Only managed to put new wheels on so far still need to install the new brushless motor/esc that’s the bank holiday weekend job but the wheels add a bit of colour might paint the light face things and grill a different colour but not sure what 🤔C9B3F388-6BE5-4651-8932-710049069A74.thumb.jpeg.866133b802860f7ac72425ab31614f30.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Are you going for the arctic adventure style look because I’m getting that vibe from the pic and I like it 👍

Well im just thinking what the SVR wing of JLR would do if they were going to produce a special model Defender, i think it would be this 😂

There was a special model run of the Defender done as a last hurrah so to speak, JLR were buying old Land Rovers as under euro ncap safety laws they werent allowed to be built anymore (something to do with a pedestrian walking out in front and and coming off lets say “almost dead” with hitting the solid metal front bumper) so they took these older Land Rovers and totally pimped them out replacing everything for new and fitting a stonking LS engine into them, they were actually worth more than what they were bought for the instant they were driven out of the dealers. The main Selfridge shop in London had 1 as a display in the shop

• Like 2