• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick scout axle question

Hell horn.

Hello. Is it possible to run scx10 axles in the scout. As the scx10 has a lot of upgrades available. But I can't seem to find any for the scout. Any help Is very appreciated. 

Edited by Hell horn.

You need to do some filing, cutting etc. For them to work.

loaded ox (steve) does the beef tubes on his face ache page if that helps?

myself personally, sell the scout complete and put the cash from the sale along with whatever you plan on spending and just buy a scx10. Much more versatile than the scout in it being "scale" and set up right will outcrawl a scout.

prices are coming cheaper for the scx10 (first one) and there is mountains of hop-ups out there ready to fit straight on.

cheers, gaz.

Then I would say, enjoy and use it, then when your ready upgrade to something else.

have a read through the scout thread and do the free mods, that should make a huge difference in its abilities :good:

I run SCX10 axles on mine, finally swapped the front a week ago.... but I've changed the driveshafts, c-hubs, steering knuckles, servo mount, four link mount and diffs on mine!

Unless you desperate to run SCX10 axles all the SCX10 / AX10 upgrade parts will fit on the scout axles with about as much fiddling as putting the scout bits in the Axial cases.

Best thing is to drive it loads and replace what breaks...

Not desperate to fit them.  Just nice to know what will fit with out a load of messing about if anything else snaps or falls apart. So far I have replaced under chassis. As old one was in a right mess.  Replaced all the ball joints and added some spacers. Lots less play on them now. Got new shock oil to improv them. Got a replacement rear link so I can remove the one that's on it now. As its not the right one.  Also have a better gearbox coming. As I think this one is a bit worn out. Lots of play in it. 2 new shocks to see if that work any better. And might have to have a look at the front diff as it has lot of play in it. So think that needs sorting. But so far so good.hopefully Monday I can go find some rocks to have a go on.