• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Mauler 2.2 Crawler

6ft4Crawler

Does anyone own or have any experience with the FTX Mauler 2.2 Crawler, Thinking of getting one when they come back in stock on the 28/08/2017 but can't seem to find anything at all on them other than what FTX has put up, No reviews or anything, They also offer a few hop ups mostly aluminium parts including some nice looking metal diffs and gearbox cases.

SPEC FROM FACTORY IS AS FOLLOWS:
  • Length: 480mm
  • Width: 280mm
  • Height: 210mm
  • Weight: 2800g
  • Wheelbase: 350mm
  • Gear Ratio: 1:48
  • Tyre Diameter: 140mm

I've included some pics and the link for anyone interested

main-700x700.jpggallery2-700x700.jpg

Edited by 6ft4Crawler

Yup sure does. Esp what appears to be an ally chassis and multiple options for wheelbase length and internal organ placement.

Considering its looking like thirty quid more than the Outback models it seems a big step up from them. Well Al least to this crawler noob. Mates just bought an outback so will be watching that on Thursday. However this looks the one for me.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I had thought as much I'm going to get one ordered up tomorrow, The stock date I've been given by FTX is 28/08/2017 so hopefully il get my hands on one shortly after.

I have to say FTX are really upping there game, I now have the FTX Outlaw, Carnage and Hooligan and all of have surprised me massively considering each one of them has many rivals on the market from some really big names in the RC world and they are more or less the cheapest ones in there categories every time and yet you wouldn't tell with the quality at all, And the support/variety of hop up avalible for tarts such as myself who love shiny things is great ! 

Really hope to to be surprised yet again with the Mauler.

• Like 1

Doesn't look too bad, I can see some areas where extra money spent on hop-ups would be needed, that's just surface, maybe more once stripped.....

hsp did did the same thing with the scout too, just orange bits instead of blue....

bear in mind, they all start cheap but once you spend on it, your hitting better base cars for the same money.

if you can keep them cheap, all well and good I reckon. :good:

Edit*

just been looking at some pics and it's all scout running gear, so basically your buying a chassis over a rtr scout.

hmm, I can see it being more £300 when it's all sorted. Close to scx10 2 money now....:whistling:

Just doing some digging and found the HSP RR-4 looks to be identical to the FTX Mauler but £10 cheaper and there's one on eBay now. :crying:
Tell yourself it's a knock off copy, not the original. Works for me.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, johninderby said:

Finally in stock at the distributors so the dealers should  have them on Monday. :36_11_12[1]:

John

just been out with my new ftx outback and spyder, both great but had so much fun i want bloody more, thinking of either this or gmade komodo for even more bloody fun

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Cheers. Have a couple of the little Outbacks so I know about the mediocre servo performance. I am going to keep it stock until after the weekend just for a modding frame of reference. Then its bits box time! Will be putting my own radio gear in (OEM stuff then goes in the emergency spares box) plus a Quickrun 1060 I have spare. Probably the motor too but I seem to be chewing through those at the moment on the FTX and SCX10 - I tend to play in water an awful lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Z750jay said:

Cheers. Have a couple of the little Outbacks so I know about the mediocre servo performance. I am going to keep it stock until after the weekend just for a modding frame of reference. Then its bits box time! Will be putting my own radio gear in (OEM stuff then goes in the emergency spares box) plus a Quickrun 1060 I have spare. Probably the motor too but I seem to be chewing through those at the moment on the FTX and SCX10 - I tend to play in water an awful lot

The mauler eats batteries up much quicker than the outbacks as you can imagine as a lot more weight, great out of the box, where my outback can get caught up in twigs and leaves the mauler just plows through, enjoy

Lol, I converted my Outback to a 540 motor and Scout transmission about this time last year. tend to run that on 4.6 amp NiMh’s. Got one of those so I could build a Staghound armoured car. The Mauler is to compliment the SCX10/stop me breaking it doing stupid things