• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Air compressor for cleaning RC gear.

Vr5fx

I've been toying with the idea of getting an air compressor for cleaning some of the models after a bash. Esoecially the Baja, as it collects grass.

I've come across this one.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc6h-6-litre-oil-less-air-compressor?gclid=Cj0KEQjwv_fKBRCG8a3ao-OQuZ8BEiQAvpHp6BBcw3MfBQUssOmP_s3FhE20_luq8VTyiilDkO7t9DQaAolY8P8HAQ

Would this be a winner? I don't want something massive, it needs to be portable and easy to move.

I won't expect the air to last ages as it's a small tank, but would it need to be big for what I need it for?

38 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Think your links dead matey.

I've used a Clarke one for years, cheap + reliable

Ehh, still working for me.... It's a "6 Litre Oil-Less Air Compressor - 5.7CFM, 1.5HP, 6L" for 70 quid from SGS

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc6h-6-litre-oil-less-air-compressor?gclid=Cj0KEQjwv_fKBRCG8a3ao-OQuZ8BEiQAvpHp6BBcw3MfBQUssOmP_s3FhE20_luq8VTyiilDkO7t9DQaAolY8P8HAQ

That's double the price Daz lol.

I've wondered about compressors for a long while myself, but couldn't decide on which to go for so knocked the idea on the head... They don't take long to build pressure back up, so if cost and size are what you're aiming for, the one you linked looks good to me.

I have a 50L Draper one. Use it for more than RCs, more than recommend having a compressor for cleaning RCs. Especially after a trip to the beach.fcba990bcbc39a77e966fbe1b655a9cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I'd say it's better to get at least 24L. You'll inevitably end up pumping stuff up and dabbling in some light duty air tools amongst other things which a 6L would struggle with in the end.

Once I get enough together for one I'll have blow lines and be looking at pneumatic hammer drills, grinders etc to replace some elec stuff. Seem quite cheap some of the tools. Kills me throwing out an £80 drill that hasn't lasted 5 mins :ack: I'd need at least 24 for that, 50 would be better.

I know the one I linked is near double atm but has 4 times the capacity so it is cost effective.

• Like 1

The only issue I have is space. There is no where I can store a hefty one, as space is an issue.

I agree with what you guys say, bigger the better in this case. Maybe I'll keep a look out, and might get one in the future.

After spending money on fixing the baja, it doesn't look so promising for a while now.

Car isnurance is due soon too, so I think it's a waiting game

• 2 years later...

Sometimes unrealistic expectations and misunderstandings make it difficult to use all the opportunities of an system. Company executives are wrong, considering as just another type of software. They are sure that this is the responsibility of the managemart cleaning business apps of the IT department and not the entire company. Because of this, there are complaints that the system does not bring the promised results. This system affects all the enterprise departments and supports their collaborative work. In this case, the work of all departments is coordinated and productive.

Edited by hojoos

5 hours ago, hojoos said:

Sometimes unrealistic expectations and misunderstandings make it difficult to use all the opportunities of an system. Company executives are wrong, considering as just another type of software. They are sure that this is the responsibility of the managemart cleaning business apps of the IT department and not the entire company. Because of this, there are complaints that the system does not bring the promised results. This system affects all the enterprise departments and supports their collaborative work. In this case, the work of all departments is coordinated and productive.

Pardon?

• Like 1

On 31/07/2019 at 08:32, hojoos said:

Ah yes, I see what you’re saying there......⁉️

The main problem you'll have with that is the size of the tank. It'll empty within seconds when using it to blow something down, so you'll be constantly waiting for it to top up again. If you're only going to be using it to blow down the baja after a run I'd go with an el cheapo with a larger tank if possible :) 

I've been thinking of getting one for ages, keep putting it off as not sure what would be a good size..

What about something like this..??

https://www.toolstation.com/sip-06225-airmate-24l-oilfree-compressor/p17751 or https://www.toolstation.com/draper-24l-oil-free-air-compressor-5pc-air-tool-kit/p86662

I really like this one as storage would be easier.. https://www.toolstation.com/sip-06243-airmate-50l-oilfree-compressor/p79009  only problem is the cost..😩

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought an air compressor a couple of weeks ago, and I love it! The model I chose is a Husky Y1000. It is available at Home Depot here in the states, and it retails for $99 USD. Since I will mostly be using this for RC stuff and small projects around the house, I didn't need much more than the 1.75 gal capacity that this model has. Also, it is self-contained (with a compartment for accessories), small, and it has wheels so it is easy to drag around.

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

Edited by [email protected]

I'm in the same boat wanted one for ages. My dad gave me one but what a state it is I'm not using it. Wish he didnt bring it lol.. I like the 24L now tho think I'll get the Stanley one soon. The upright 50L is cool though but will I use it that much doubtful so probably best of with the 24l. 

How long would you get with a drill from a 24L and would that be as powerful as any drill? 

I've only used industrial compressors I loved it. I was like a F1 mechanic at the wheel bolts lol.