• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

On 22/04/2018 at 20:11, NOFX said:

It's part #ftx6233.  Modelsport & wheelspin normally carry good stock. If they ain't got one, you could try cml distribution.  You can't set the mesh on the outlaw.   The motor plate's non adjustable.  I ain't got a clue why it's made that way :boredlook:

Would that mean that when I pop the motor and the spur in, the mesh will be perfectly set?

Hell fellow owners,

Today, I lost the screw of my rear upgraded Rear Central  driveshaft (#FTX8372) holding the piece on the rear transmission pin (even though I used some blue lactate...) .

I would like to order some replacement but I am not sure to have selected the right one from FTX FTX8583:

http://ftx-rc.com/ftx-grub-screws-3x10mm?search=grub screw

or maybe it should be those  FTX7775

http://ftx-rc.com/ftx-futura-hex-grub-screws-3x10mm-12?search=grub screw

I took some measurements and it looks ok ( I measured 3mm wide and 12mm long).

Does someone already replaced this little screw?

Thks in advance for your help!!

Valyno

Edited by Valyno

EDIT:

I called CML yesterday and found that there was a misprint in the manual. The part is actually FTX6513, if any of you want to know.

bieomax, how did you make the hole into that shape?

I took general shape measurements from my original plastic one and just created one in designspark mechanical ( free 3d software ) Then uploaded that file to a online 3d printers who can do metal.

Ive used a plastic printer at work, but the with this design there isn't enough plastic above the slotted area to handle the heat/forces applied by a motor, which is why it ended up in a metal material.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, NOFX said:

I've been running mine on 2s for & brushless for a while. Not stripped a spur yet:D

10 hours ago, NOFX said:

I must have been lucky. I pull wheelies & rolling stoppies with mine. I don't do speed runs though. These ain't built for doing 30 mph for a long time.

Exactly the for me too :yes: I'm also still on the stock plastic drive/prop shaft as well :D 

Any tips on keeping the spur unstripped, anything I can do to the transmission?
You can convert it to a metal spur, that's what I have done and no more strippy strippy for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

Exactly the for me too :yes: I'm also still on the stock plastic drive/prop shaft as well :D 

Same here. Ftx vary massively in quality. My viper shattered if you farted in its direction. But the outlaw's had some top speed crashes without breaking.

I would love to do that, but where did ya get the metal spur from?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202274144814 this is what you will need but it will need modifying, you need to redrill the main shaft for the pin, add some washers as spacers and then shave down the inside of the plastic housings.

Once thats done it will work fine, well mine has so far and i have been running a 3650 3100kv at 3s on a 3kg custom truggy that i have built.

If you want to know more just ask.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

There are literally bubbles in the plastic of my ftx viper. Awful argos grade buggy. But the outlaw's crashed at full pelt & not failed.  Only a bent shock shaft & snapped body post so far :D. They should have a word with qc :boredlook:

Can someone help me something ? On the front swaybar kit what's the bits called that attach to the lower arms that the rod of the swaybar get screwed on/in to ? If everyone can make sense of that :lol: can you buy them bits separate so I can make my own for the rear like in that video posted a couple pages back 

Can someone help me something ? On the front swaybar kit what's the bits called that attach to the lower arms that the rod of the swaybar get screwed on/in to ? If everyone can make sense of that [emoji38] can you buy them bits separate so I can make my own for the rear like in that video posted a couple pages back 
Its called the anti roll bar 'drop link'

1 hour ago, rct said:

Its called the anti roll bar 'drop link'

I know that's what it's called on a 1:1 car replace a couple but didn't know if they were called something else in the RC world :) think it will be easier to buy the carnage anti roll bar kit and go from there :good: 

2 hours ago, NOFX said:

I was gonna suggest that. The front end's same.  It might impede crawling though :boredlook:

That's not a problem as I don't use mine for crawling :D but if I ever do it won't take very long to take it off :good: looking to eliminate a bit of torque twist when going full throttle :yes: