• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

I've been watching  ultra 4 for a few years. I dismissed the outlaw because of having an ftx viper that shattered if a leaf touched it. But I read through all the write ups on here & that twisted my arm.  

29 minutes ago, Nickarla said:

I watched Monster Jams world Finals on YouTube. Now I want a HPI Wheely King. Didn’t realise how expensive YouTube gets!

YouTube made me get a km baja a couple years back :lol: 

are the wheels and tyres 1.9 or 2.2 in the outlaw ? as that's one of the things I'm changing first after the electrics 

Edited by RC4WD fan

12 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

are the wheels and tyres 1.9 or 2.2 in the outlaw ? 

2.2" 12mm hex will slot straight on! But be careful how deep the hex is on the wheels you decide to buy, if they're too deep they'll ground out against the axle. I've had to fit a set of 7mm hex's to keep the rim away from the axle, but then you may run out of thread on the exposed driveshaft if you go too far...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, t2boats said:

2.2" 12mm hex will slot straight on! But be careful how deep the hex is on the wheels you decide to buy, if they're too deep they'll ground out against the axle. I've had to fit a set of 7mm hex's to keep the rim away from the axle, but then you may run out of thread on the exposed driveshaft if you go too far...

Good point that's something that I have to bear in mind was thinking of 1.9 wheels with big tyres as I've read that the stock tyres aren't very good with a BL system 

I find them great, they're going to balloon doing high speeds as they're a soft tyre designed for off-road, so the moment some speed is in demand they'll deform as can be seen in the video's I've made. I'm sticking with them anyway as they grip so well and conform to the terrain I use the car on. I think they look good too. Anyone's choice really to what suits them :rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nickarla said:

I watched Monster Jams world Finals on YouTube. Now I want a HPI Wheely King. Didn’t realise how expensive YouTube gets!

also consider the ftx mighty thunder, terrible shell but if you like to potter on there is plenty you can do with it, monster trucks are great fun, silly to drive but fun

I’ve no issue with replacing shells, in fact I don’t see it as much different to the Carnage shell which is rubbish quality and will need replacing anyway.

It’s a tough call though, I like the Thunder but FTX isn’t in the same league as HPI which costs only a few more ££...but then it can also drive normally when you’re not wanting to stick it’s front paws in the air constantly.

Well parcelforce have the outlaw so should be here tomorrow and have just ordered the lipo and BL system from hobbyking so didn't get the GoolRC BL system as I'm impatient and want to play with it at the weekend :D it only cost a little bit more so not bothered but will be getting a GoolRC system for the next RC that I'm getting soon :ph34r:

Edited by RC4WD fan

11 hours ago, AmericanBullDog said:

I just figured you were sick of waiting...

In a twist I did end up at the hospital last night not me but a family member :rolleyes: only had 2 hours sleep :crying:

Outlaw arrived yesterday and the lipo and BL system today :D I know it's been said before but for a £125 or in my case £95 :whistling: it's a really nice RC the cheapest RC I've owned and so far the one I'm most impressed with :yes: its not even sat on the work bench yet just had a look at it and put it back in the box :rolleyes: not even going to bother with the stock electrics so hopefully will get the BL in it over the next couple of nights ready for the weekend :yahoo: 

the standard esc can it handle Lipo 2s.

reason being there was a little jumper block on esc I removed for what I thought was Lipo setting 

few hours later motor gone .

ordered a new motor now I don't want to bugger this one up.

any advise on if there's  setting cheers 

31 minutes ago, seanv said:

the standard esc can it handle Lipo 2s.

reason being there was a little jumper block on esc I removed for what I thought was Lipo setting 

few hours later motor gone .

ordered a new motor now I don't want to bugger this one up.

any advise on if there's  setting cheers 

It says it can in the manual doesn't mention a jumper block though :017: though I've only had a quick look through look for a PDF on google for the manual if you haven't got one :good: 

My 2 hardcase 4000MAH 2S lipos & connector converters turned up today. I thought someone was kicking the door when the idiot delivery driver knocked :boredlook:. Just gotta fight my anxiety & go play asap :D

3 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

It says it can in the manual doesn't mention a jumper block though :017: though I've only had a quick look through look for a PDF on google for the manual if you haven't got one :good: 

yep found it pal I had pulled the little jumper out hence probably the reason it did the motor .

it's a little black plug on esc anyway popped it back on and motor should be here tomoz then the ftx will be up and running 

Edited by seanv

7 minutes ago, seanv said:

yep found it pal I had pulled the little jumper out hence probably the reason it did the motor .

it'

I don't see a jumper on mine just a button :huh: 

anyway got it out and had a good look and ready to fit the BL system :D image.jpg have noticed that it feels like it's binding somewhere don't know if it normal as it's new ? or to do with the peanut butter in the diffs :lol: image.jpg