• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

17t on 2s at the moment. Motor got hot but could still touch it without burning my finger so not too hot. Going to lesve it on 17t as it seems to perform pretty well as is and don't want to overgear the motor.

Was intending to check top speed with my GPS logger but lost a wheel nut and couldn't find it. Not so fast on three wheels. :rolleyes: Maybe tomorrow. 

John

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hamradioguy said:

Just thought I would show you a few pics of my Outlaw

The stuff is just placed on the roof for the pictures but 

thats roughly how it will look when done.

Not too impressed with that 17kg Turnigy Servo

mine sounds quite rough and noisy.

IMG_20170228_201432.jpg

IMG_20170228_201455.jpg

IMG_20170228_201514.jpg

I mounted mine on the roof but its a bit vulnerable there, there a bit to easy to roll. I'm going to take out the driver n mount an aluminium plate there to mount my cam

(before I break it lol)

Driving fpv is a blast

just a note for all you upgrade nuts

Fastrax M4 flanged nylock nuts, the thread on the drive shafts are not long enough to reach the nylon in the lock nut (so not suitable)

Tried a set of the Fastrax hard springs (reds) they don't fit , diameter is to small (not suitable)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bieomax said:

Aye, my Rx&Tx where branded flysky gt2. I ended up just binding the gt3c to it.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I'll be binding it to my gt3b too, much nicer handset than the one which comes with it. I'd like to bind the Outlaw to my 6ch flysky tx but the steering stick springs are just way too weak and struggle to keep the channel 1 steering stick centered..

• Like 1

added the alloy rear roll bar links today

defo a good upgrade, the plastic ones wouldn't grip as the screw stripped strait away in it

so much less body roll now (I have carnage front anti roll bar fitted too)

That's what I'm still waiting for in the post, ordered two front end carnage anti role bar kits 8days ago....should've been here Saturday gone. Need to make a pair of rear anti role bars for both Outlaws, that'll stop it torque twisting.

Started work last night on fitting a trackstar 550 sensored brushless.

Its certainly not a plug and play affair.

Motor body just fits but the sensor plug surround interfers with the steering post. Also needed to reverse (to give additional clearance to the motor) and modifiy the mount to clear the screw fixinghousing within the upper half of the gearbox.

Stripped a little of the motor can so i can remove sensor plug housing material also angled the pins. ( would advise on a motor which has the sensor plug coming off at an angle rather then rear exit like mine )

Also trimmed the sensor cable plug too.

Motor shaft is 5mm and long, requires gearbox housing to be modded (drilled a hole) plus 5mm mod 0.6 pinions arent overly common (ordered a 22t & 23t)

I've got some images i'll throw up once sorted.

Just awaiting some more parts

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk