• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

1 hour ago, NOFX said:

Mines fast enough on 2s. I think 3s will lead to breakages.  I've only run mine brushless in about 4 inches of powder snow.  It got stuck a few times. But so did the bmws' & a Mercedes on my road :P. Unlike my far superior 400 quids  worth of Subaru outback :D.

Subaru Outback will put most cars to shame in those conditions.

1 minute ago, Nickarla said:

Subaru Outback will put most cars to shame in those conditions.

It does. Even with all season tyres :D. I can turn the vehicle dynamic control off & have some fun too. Stopping was a bit of a problem though ...

I fitted mine with Micheline Crossclimates...amazing in the snow and I can keep them on in summer too. We need something like that for our small cars.

Edited by Nickarla
  • Like 1

Evening.

Took the car out with goolrc BL and it was amazing.... Like a different car.... However..... 

After a while the car would hardly move and making a stuttery cog jamming kind of noise. I've taken the motor cover off and tested the motor alone and all is fine. The main cog (can't remember the name) looks OK too and they are aligned correctly. To narrow things down I took the front driveshaft out but still had an issue, so rules out the front end diff etc. 

I have diff lock on the back so kind of ruling that out. 

Other than that does any body have any ideas or advice please. 

Thanks 

Paul

Charging at the moment. 

What type of lipos do you guys use?. Only currently have one, but want to get a few more spares. 

Current one is 45c but was fairly expensive, would 20-30c be enough as I can see a drop in price when you go lower to that range. 

Do you use the hard case or are the wrapped safe enough? 

Cheers

Hobbyking all the way. Just make sure you're ordering from the UK warehouse.  I had to wait 79 days for some parts for a hk buggy because I'd accidentally ordered from China :boredlook:. I'm down to 1 at the moment too . I've got a 3s but it does something odd to the esc & it don't work. Strange seeing as the esc can handle a 4s. Also I've heard of 3s destroying the drivetrain.  It's fast enough on 2s anyway :D

2 hours ago, Welsh40 said:

Charging at the moment. 

What type of lipos do you guys use?. Only currently have one, but want to get a few more spares. 

Current one is 45c but was fairly expensive, would 20-30c be enough as I can see a drop in price when you go lower to that range. 

Do you use the hard case or are the wrapped safe enough? 

Cheers

What's everyone using? I'm down to 1 Lipo like Welsh 40. Tia:D.

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

The Floureon 5200mah 2s 30C work fine but tried Turnigy Graphene 6000mah 2s 90C which did have a lot more punch but was using a HW ESC. with an Ares motor.

Picked up the Floureon LiPos on sale at £3.49 each delivered. Crazy price  :insane:

8_C1_C63_A6-611_D-4_EE9-8_CAB-_CBF2_E752

Any chance of a link to the retailer?  Ta:D . 

Morning FTX outlaw gang now I know this has probably been asked already but I can't be bothered to look through 50+ pages (yes I'm lazy :P) but I've been looking at one getting the brushed version and upgrading it as I go the brushless system I would be thinking of getting is this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoolRC-F540-3000KV-Brushless-Motor-with-45A-ESC-Combo-for-1-10-RC-Car-Truck-H5N2/152877570446?epid=711224496&hash=item239836998e:g:fokAAOSwOYFaZv47 I'm not clued up on BL I've only done brushed crawlers would this BL system be good? I know a lot of people run the GoolRC stuff so not worried bout that is the kv about right as the BL version has a 2950kv motor if not what kv to go for? looking at bashing more than anything else a bit of the slow stuff here and there :) also is there a program card the works with the GoolRC BL systems ? and does the stock outlaw ESC work with 2s or should I replace it with a HW 1060 until I go brushless ?

again forgive me if this has already been asked 

Right did a little more testing and could recreate (not consistently) the cogging with the motor stand alone with different batteries,  so narrowed it down to the newly installed motor or esc. 

Seems like a loose connection somewhere as moving the motor and esc around would occasionally stop the cogging. However the esc very quickly started smoking even with the switch turned off and would only stop when I removed the battery. 

So contacted the seller asking for a replacement as hoping its a one off faulty item, so see what they say. 

If not need to look for an alternative. Found a couple on modelsport:

SMD £52

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/smd-1-10th-scale-brushless-45a-esc-with-3500kv-sensorless-motor/rc-car-products/425930

Absima £69

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-brushless-combo-set-thrust-bl-eco-1-10/rc-car-products/404844

9 hours ago, johninderby said:

I Fitted a 3500kv GoolRC combo and it was just right. 

John

6 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

I fitted the exact same. Nice balance between speed and control.

Ok :) how long did it take to arrive ? assuming that it's shiped from China and not from UK like most ebay listings say :rolleyes: I have been looking on HK and there's a couple of TRACKSTAR combos on there for around £45 depends how fast I want it really but happy to wait the the GoolRC one :) still can't find out if the stock brushed outlaw ESC will take a 2s lipo so don't know whether I should get a HW 1060 until the BL ? but my LHS has both the outlaw and 1060 in stock so will be picking one up tomorrow :D 

Get the GoolRC combo. ESC & Motor for around £30-£35 :good:

Didn't take long to arrive. About a week,, I think.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste any money trying to improve the stock electrics. They aren't worth investing in.

• Thanks 1