• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

Better foams in the tires, bigger tires, move the battery forward. Stiffer front springs and slow down on the cornering and you will roll less. Sadly short of doing all this, it will still roll just a bit less, its just a car that likes to flip due to the design, the torque twist also plays a part.

6 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Ok guys . My mrs just asked if I want to change the motor on my wedding prezzie for dads day .  

So the hobbywing set up ok for the outlaw  as I'm just wondering will I be spending all my time  putting it back on its wheels .as its rolls like mad now ( if done no upgraded to this one yet (been busy with the other cars )  

So i know you guys have put hobbywing in yours  so do you spend a lot of time putting it back on its wheels . ( I will be getting  a sway bar set for this and sorting it  like the other outlaw  but that dont have a hobbywing brusless set up just a cheap brusless set up ) . 

So what you say guys .and what other upgrades do I need to put on my outlaw .   Cheers 

• Thanks 1

Me and the mrs took the cars out today, she has the brushless outlaw that started out as a brushed, have to say its holding up really well, seems to be a good combo in it, no cogging and nice speed.............im starting to like it

• Like 1

Fitted the Fastrax Granite wheel/tyre combo today. They locked up when fully tightened. Sorted that with some hex spacers (approximately 2.5mm). These, coupled with the wheels' lower offset, meant the track width is slightly increased. Means I no longer need to fit the hex extenders.

20210531_164202.thumb.jpg.730b6e36bf388fbcc927bedcbbf02fac.jpg

20210531_164215.thumb.jpg.41f89e56327547afaaca5056f8fe5bfe.jpg

Tyres feel better. The original wheels' foams had collapsed and offered no real support. Remains to be seen, if the hexes hold up; using hex spacers caused the hexes to strip on my Gmade.

• Like 3

So son took the Outlaw out yesterday, flipped it on flat lawn.

The chassis snapped where it connects to the plastic trailing arm chassis mounts, one of which also snapped.

The chassis mounts are an easy cheap replacement.

The chassis itself however, I can get the stock plastic one but the aluminium one is out of stock everywhere. I could get the carbon fibre one, but it's another £10 more expensive and not convinced it'll be any tougher than the stock plastic.

Just frustrating, he had taken it out to show his mate and apparently happened within the first 10 minutes.

I think now without fail, something has broken on every run now, for at least the last 5-6 runs.

I passed the Outlaw to him because hes quite good at engineering and doesn't mind taking the time to fix it (he's 14). I've to him and don't mind buying all the parts.

Myself on the other hand 100% lost patients with it.

Hi m8 I have a carbon fiber chassis and I have to say when I 1st had it I thought this is pants it going to brake easy and iv bashed the crap out this one jumps . Flips .drops . Nose over tails cartwheels. And it's still going strong . Only thing I had to go was lockite the screws underneath as they was coming out. By chance it just done a crazy flip and I was checking it as I thought its bust somthing .  An spotted the screws peeping out .so  I'd say it's not as thin as it looks  . 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did manage to find an aluminium one on eBay this morning from a reputable seller. 

Hopefully once he's fixed it he will be able to get a couple of runs without anything breaking........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Went for a bash in an abandoned gravel quarry, today, with a couple of friends.

My nice Outlaw bodyshell is ruined! But the car DIDN'T break!! It's a miracle!! :lol:

New video on your YouTube channel to prove it or it never happened lol!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, PraetoR said:

Went for a bash in an abandoned gravel quarry, today, with a couple of friends.

My nice Outlaw bodyshell is ruined! But the car DIDN'T break!! It's a miracle!! :lol:

• Haha 3

That's the one iv asked for   lol dads day prezzie .. .

What leanth is the steering arm to be on the outlaw . As mine came off today 

(Stripped the threads ) 

The wee bar from the servo horn  to the steering . As I have a simler one but not sure how long it's to be .

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

Doink….   😂

6FA46CF5-FD30-46B2-A249-188848FFFC72.thumb.jpeg.d7647a0a68b3ac1b784398d036b70870.jpeg

There are better ways to lower your truck dude. Just saying :good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, enduroexpert said:

Could someone tell me the standard motor output shaft diameter needed for the pinion on the Outlaw please...?

I’ve ordered one of these this afternoon

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-max10-3652sl-3300kv-brushless-motor-420922

3 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

The Gmade beadlocks are a total fail with a fast  mover…

EAAD0B38-21B3-4E01-94B7-CB60DE7F1408.jpeg

3AB7229D-D09E-4ED2-84D8-A1CDBE12366D.jpeg

736EA1F1-65AE-430A-B48B-D03D99D2EE96.jpeg

…constantly having to refit the tyres 🤦‍♂️

Try diffrent tires, only had a bead go once on a side wall from rolling down hills, are these your old outlaw tires, Id be blaming the tires before the beadlocks before your try some others.

12 minutes ago, Redback said:

Try diffrent tires, only had a bead go once on a side wall from rolling down hills, are these your old outlaw tires, Id be blaming the tires before the beadlocks before your try some others.

I’m inclined to agree, but at present it’s cheaper to return the Outlaw tyres to glue rims and save the beadlocks for other tires another day

2 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

Be interesting to see what you think of it and thanks for the links to the pinion & spur, much appreciated