• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cen Racing Reeper 1/7th monster truck !

mydoddy69

7 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Another 'watch this space' truck!

It'll be interesting to hear his feedback once he's run it a bit and done a 'side-by-side' with the 'X'.

Al.

That is the most annoying thing so far that happened to me in 2017. I'm impatient, i want a Monster Truck, and suddenly everybody and his brother is releasing some really soon, but not quite yet.

Edited by m4inbrain

Is it me .... or .... the Cen wheelarches don't line up, and are too small - normally larger radius for MT's?

DO NOT like the super-skinny body - it'll (probably) get ripped to shreds ... but ... that's me writing without owning it, nor having any intention of getting one ... for now!!

Al.

It looks good. A proper drive train out of the box. Looks like it could take a much bigger ESC and motor.  The chassis might need a longitudinal brace though. Not sure about putting 5th scale wheels on it though. They are extremely heavy even if the shafts can safely take them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mond said:

It looks good. A proper drive train out of the box. Looks like it could take a much bigger ESC and motor.  The chassis might need a longitudinal brace though. Not sure about putting 5th scale wheels on it though. They are extremely heavy even if the shafts can safely take them.

Sadly according to a few posts I've seen elsewhere now you can't fit a bigger motor :( It was mentioned that this is only a 4274 but I'm guessing it has to be at least a 4282 ? No one seems to want to clear the motor size up I have asked a few reviewers now aswell but all just skip over it .. 

Another unboxing and some observations.

I actually like the green body - but some things are.. weird. Apparently the shock setup is very bouncy, nowhere near where it should be for jumping/bashing - the answer of CEN is that it's the case because the truck is setup for track.. racing? Not sure what i think about that.

Definitely needs some hop ups. For me, the body posts right before the first drive even.

9 minutes ago, megane said:

Guys on FB are saying that after Oil change it's completely different truck.

Oh yeah, it would be. I just wonder what their intentions behind the truck are now. I do not understand why you'd setup a 1/7 MT for racing - who races these?

59 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Oh yeah, it would be. I just wonder what their intentions behind the truck are now. I do not understand why you'd setup a 1/7 MT for racing - who races these?

the yanks must do....:yes:.....and who don't chk/change the oils anyway in a brand new rc..:huh:..to sumin they like/works better...:yes:..that's even if there full up from the factory:rolleyes:......:lol:

Edited by evssv

That wasn't my point though. I'd argue that there's a difference between a truck that's designed with racing in mind, and one that has bashing in mind. Of course shock oil has to be changed either way. I'm wondering how much "racing" is in the truck, in relation to how much "bashing". 

Is anything known about the diffs?

4 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

That wasn't my point though. I'd argue that there's a difference between a truck that's designed with racing in mind, and one that has bashing in mind. Of course shock oil has to be changed either way. I'm wondering how much "racing" is in the truck, in relation to how much "bashing". 

Is anything known about the diffs?

cen make awesome diffs...:yes:...and if there like the older ones they`ll b  spot on....:good:..and imo its a basher truck....:yes:..there r quite a few diff conversions which run cen diffs on various models......:yes:

Edited by evssv

15 minutes ago, evssv said:

cen make awesome diffs...:yes:...and if there like the older ones they`ll b  spot on....:good:

Well i thought it was a basher truck too, certainly looks like one. Time will tell. Still interested, at least i slowly get a picture of what i think needs to be done/modified, which makes the price-picture more realistic.

I'm quite sure Alza/megane will do a side-tray conversion, if he decides to pick it up. 

• Like 1

Hehe ya, plus new bodyposts. I really dislike how they poke through the shell, first thing i realised when i saw the first picture of the truck. Chassis brace, sidetrays, body posts, new oil. That's it for me so far as i can tell. Maybe a 17mm hex kit, i think CEN do them too.

19 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Hehe ya, plus new bodyposts. I really dislike how they poke through the shell, first thing i realised when i saw the first picture of the truck. Chassis brace, sidetrays, body posts, new oil. That's it for me so far as i can tell. Maybe a 17mm hex kit, i think CEN do them too.

Surely 23mm not 17mm? Unless. Its the way Traxxas do it, 23mm hex and 17mm nut

13 minutes ago, Guns said:

Surely 23mm not 17mm? Unless. Its the way Traxxas do it, 23mm hex and 17mm nut

According to the unboxing and the cenracing.com website (fourth picture), it's 23mm. I don't have the truck, so i can only go by those two informations. :)

Or did i misunderstand you?

Edited by m4inbrain

Running 1300cst oil in the shocks in that video, what's that, like 110wt?

Have to say that traction rolling on grass is to be expected, but on gravel/sand, hm. Jumps nice though. Also, speed on 4s actually isn't that bad, it looks marginally slower than an X-Maxx out of the box on 6s. The weight really does a number there.

All in all, i like how it drives, but the first tumble on the truck already folded the body and made it rub on the tyre. 

Looks good though, although i'd rather see it on 6s. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1