• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARRMA NERO 6S MT - Smart Diffs!

capri-boy

On 27/05/2016 at 18:31, Si Coe said:

The RCN dirt one does suggest its a bit too low slung, its grounding out on almost every jump. But then you see the tarmac one and its very planted for what is supposed to be a monster truck.

Looks like a pain in the arse to work on.

Not even hit the shops and we have a REVEIW !! 

Some good some bad but like most lay down shocks we have problems but the huge plus has to be it's a hobbywing esc ! 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not even hit the shops and we have a REVEIW !! 

Some good some bad but like most lay down shocks we have problems but the huge plus has to be it's a hobbywing esc ! 

lol "most mt's are 1/10th" ? wtf. 

at least he broke it :) that means he tested it properly. 

42 minutes ago, mond said:

I was interested but the reviews actually turned me off. Hopefully they'll be quick with a second generation version. I think I may go with my original plan of the Hyper MT.

To me watching it back it comes over like the guys not really that impressed and has to force himself to make it sound good .. Has me thinking twice about it but like I say this is not on my next list so by the time I get one if I do hopefully the problems will be ironed out 

Seems the cantilever shocks are its weak spot as both him and Vaz have had issues but we all know these can be hit and miss .. 

Loved the the bit about all monster trucks mainly being 1/10th scale lol ? 

Hyper mt mines a blast has to be my most used RC to date ;) 

3 minutes ago, tomr said:

Vaz from Aussie rc says the diffs are grease filled and can not be oil filled 

its not a big deal but I think I'll go with the MTe especially with freeprawn stocking them 

Good call this truck has my interest but I doubt it will get my cash anytime soon ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomr said:

Vaz from Aussie rc says the diffs are grease filled and can not be oil filled 

its not a big deal but I think I'll go with the MTe especially with freeprawn stocking them 

The images on URC suggest  they can be oil filled.

37 minutes ago, mond said:

The images on URC suggest  they can be oil filled.

Better if they do bud ,On 6s the diffs unload terribly .

Obviously I couldn't tell you either way I'm just going of a comment from Vas but I dare say the unlocking version should have sealed diffs .

10 hours ago, Sharkfat78 said:

Just looks like an E-Revo copy to me personally. Even the bumper mounts are the same. Does look pretty tasty, but not sure I'd put nearly £600 down on one.

Its only really the shocks that give that impression, and a bumper mount is a bumper mount. This has TVPs etc, competely different to a Revo.

10 hours ago, Sharkfat78 said:

Just looks like an E-Revo copy to me personally. Even the bumper mounts are the same. Does look pretty tasty, but not sure I'd put nearly £600 down on one.

And an e-revo is how much? And then how much do you need to spend to make it actually reliable and bashworthy? 

So following this on other forums, it's confirmed you can't use oil in the diffs and even worse the BEC is restricted to 6v. Even with super thick marine or transmission grease it's not going to do much once it works its way off the gears and through the opening in the diffs. 

11 minutes ago, Guns said:

Im convinced bashers worry far too much about oil weights in their bashers. Fair enough in racers, but in a basher the amount of concern for oil weight is over the top IMO. They'll be fine with grease. 

Yep I use grease on my MTe and actually prefer it to oil. Problem with the Nero is the diffs aren't sealed so it dosent matter if you run oil or grease once they warm up eventually there dry out and eat themselves. Then there's those lovely lay down shocks which have already proved to have issues .. 

This hasn't even hit the streets yet and it's got problems so do these manufactures actually test anything or do they just go by the theory of it working on paper ? 

13 hours ago, Guns said:

Im convinced bashers worry far too much about oil weights in their bashers. Fair enough in racers, but in a basher the amount of concern for oil weight is over the top IMO. They'll be fine with grease. 

That's the best of the hobby for me though being able to tune the handling 

3 minutes ago, tomr said:

That's the best of the hobby for me though being able to tune the handling 

I'm sorry, but for bashing around a park as you would with this sort of truck, changing the viscosity of differential fluid has a barely noticable effect. Fair enough if your bored, but spending £15 on 3 different oils and an hour+ changing it all is a waste of time in my honest opinion.

Grease, bash. break.

21 minutes ago, Guns said:

I'm sorry, but for bashing around a park as you would with this sort of truck, changing the viscosity of differential fluid has a barely noticable effect. Fair enough if your bored, but spending £15 on 3 different oils and an hour+ changing it all is a waste of time in my honest opinion.

Grease, bash. break.

Oil wt has a major affect especially in a center diff 

But yeah for me being able to set up my rc to handle just right is the best bit of the hobby so it's not really a waste of my time .

2 minutes ago, tomr said:

Oil wt has a major affect especially in a center diff 

But yeah for me being able to set up my rc to handle just right is the best bit of the hobby so it's not really a waste of my time .

Thats fair enough :) Whatever floats your boat :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

This hasn't even hit the streets yet and it's got problems so do these manufactures actually test anything or do they just go by the theory of it working on paper ? 

It hasn't hit the streets yet, so how can you be sure it has problems?

Yes the fancy diffs can't be oil filled, but they aren't totally open so grease should be fine for a good amount of time. Yes some cars with laydown shocks have had problems, but others have been awesome - its not a guarantee of failure.

The proof will come when, and only when, this thing ships. If things start going wrong then you can declare it has problems. Lots of people spotted all sorts of 'problems' with the X-Maxx before its launch, but the only real problem (esc fires) was the one nobody predicted.

11 minutes ago, Si Coe said:

It hasn't hit the streets yet, so how can you be sure it has problems?

Yes the fancy diffs can't be oil filled, but they aren't totally open so grease should be fine for a good amount of time. Yes some cars with laydown shocks have had problems, but others have been awesome - its not a guarantee of failure.

The proof will come when, and only when, this thing ships. If things start going wrong then you can declare it has problems. Lots of people spotted all sorts of 'problems' with the X-Maxx before its launch, but the only real problem (esc fires) was the one nobody predicted.

The problems so far that have been identified are by the guys that got them for review all are having issues with the shocks . 

Take from that what you will 

15 hours ago, Guns said:

It's the fact they are open to the elements. That+ grease + dirt is hardly a winning combination.