• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OMG Losi have unveiled a 5ive-b!!!!

scatteh316

Yes, don't sell the x2...

The way I read it, the Losi Buggy is only being offered as a kit, (barely a roller).

I hate the cab foward design, looks fugly to me :)

Having just about finished my WRC Mini to Buggy conversion, I don't see myself getting one of these anytime soon.

Must admit that has a lot of appeal, having loved the 5ive, 8ight and Mini 8ight, it will no doubt be a superb vehicle to drive.

Shell looks a bit minging though, although I'm sure a nice flowing paintjob might improve how tall it looks?

Do we have any price/release date info chaps?

It depends how silly you want to go really, but at that weight a G290 would be more than what's needed, so about £350 on engine and pipe combo from DDM... Few Hitecs, some batteries and tyres... £550-600 and it would be a very nice racer/basher.

Funnily enough I happen to have a G290 and some Hitecs... :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

It depends how silly you want to go really, but at that weight a G290 would be more than what's needed, so about £350 on engine and pipe combo from DDM... Few Hitecs, some batteries and tyres... £550-600 and it would be a very nice racer/basher.

Funnily enough I happen to have a G290 and some Hitecs... :rolleyes:

I was going by parts fitted on the release pics, But like you say there are cheaper ways to do it :good:

Ahh yes if you went with a G320 Fullmod or something and a Bart 32 pipe and mega expensive servos then aye, but for most people it's too much and you don't fully get use of it.

That's something I've found in my experience with the Bajas, some stuff is worth putting on, some stuff just isn't unless the individual simply wants it on, if that makes sense.

I think for most with that it will come down to what's needed rather than what can be bought.

Keep the weight down as much as possible.

One sightly weird thing, they don't provide tyres or foams, yet they don't give the dimensions you need either.

Unless they will do when it's released.

27 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

For how light it looks like it's going to be the best engine for it would the 29cc SCZ engine....

Based on?... It's personal opinion, a lot of people don't like reeds.

A lot of people don't like clones.

So for them, it's about the worst choice... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Based on?... It's personal opinion, a lot of people don't like reeds.

A lot of people don't like clones.

So for them, it's about the worst choice... :rolleyes:

Based on seeing one being thrashed around for 9 months in a genuine Losi 5ive and never missing a beat while constantly hitting over 19,000rpm....

It's a seriously impressive engine for it's price and capacity.... And there's really no need for the rolling eyes.....

• Like 1

Too many topics on this now.... please can we get all the comments regarding this in one thread, rather than this and the other in the news section?  Where are the admins when you need some housekeeping doing? :D 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

Based on seeing one being thrashed around for 9 months in a genuine Losi 5ive and never missing a beat while constantly hitting over 19,000rpm....

It's a seriously impressive engine for it's price and capacity.... And there's really no need for the rolling eyes.....

And for those who simply don't like reeds or clones? That was what the rolling eyes were for.

Not to mention, their are plenty who want torque over revs who don't have as much space and are a bit more 'point and squirt' so to speak.

I think they will be a better engine once the crankcase gasket issue is sorted that several people have reported.