• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X2; brushless.

Tug

5 hours ago, Tug said:

I know the motor is ok, I've used it in another car, but with a 6S ESC, it ran fine, but did thermal the ESC. I'd like to go MGM, but that would cost what I paid for the whole car! 

I know someone with a 520kv motor, I think it's a SkyRC, I might try and borrow that to test. 

Ahh fair enough then bud, was just a suggestion because I know how irritating it can be from my own experience lol.

Quick run from storage, went to the park over the road. Picked up lots of grass. 

20160506_182643.jpg

Here's the BEC sat on top of the Rx box. This is feeding the Rx and steering at 7.4 volts. I'm using an extension cable for the ESC plug, I've removed red and black, leaving just the signal cable. 

20160506_182708.jpg

This is the rip-cord to turn the BEC on. It's sat on the battery box, next to the ESC. 

20160506_182657.jpg

All cleaned out. The battery tray isn't up to much, the cells have been damaged twice! I'm lucky they haven't gone up! 

IMG_20160506_183809.jpg

Speed is acceptable, but probably a little dull for anyone who has a modded 5ive. 

• Like 1

Inner cage panels for both sides and panels for the wheel wells.

I'll pop mine off this weekend and send you templates, make your own from 'whatever' comes to hand.... Saying that, I run a mesh panel on the motor side, because it seemed a good idea....no idea if it helps with anything temp wise, still keeps the grass out though ;)

As for the tray, can you knock up some kind of plate that could be bolted to the tray to help brace the packs more securely? Or perhaps a gear cover that bolts to the top of the centre diff??

I'm going to make my own battery boxes, I've got several ideas that should keep my soft packs safe and sound. I'm thinking of having one up front and one at the rear, behind the motor. I'll post up pics as I go. :good:

Nice idea, better weight balance...that is one thing that seemed odd about both our conversion kits, packs are shoved up front, not placed with weight balance in mind....not as if there isn't acres of space available :lol:

It wasn't the pinion this time, it was the bloody ally mounts for the velcro straps! SOOOO close to puncturing the pack, it ain't funny! I'll snap a pic. 

Yup, acres of room, I'll figure something. Then get bored and sell it. :insane:

Yeah, but it's FID ergo shall never, ever grace anything I own.

Jesus, that is serious pack damage...

Sell it? Why? Have both kidneys gone already?? :P

Why have a pullchord for an ESC?

Why not simply have a proper motor in it, and make it a MAN's RC, not a milk float?

;):D:rolleyes:

I know, it's yours and that's how you want it!!

If it's going well then enjoy!!

Serious amount of debris collected inside - watch that the ESC doesn't get too hot ... 

Al.

Edited by atom3624
Typo

The rip-cord is for the BEC, not the ESC. You don't need to use it at all, you can unplug it, then the BEC is active from the moment you connect the cells. I prefer to be able to turn everything off. 

The ESC has only peaked at 35C, definitely not worried. 

Tug one of the guys in my bash group used an ABS plastic enclosure to store his batteries in so they didn't get damaged, maybe you could do the same with the X2?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/gadgets-toys-and-hobbies/project-boxes/plastic-boxes

I have though about chopping the battery box off my X2 and using one of these for more storage!

7 hours ago, scatteh316 said:

Tug one of the guys in my bash group used an ABS plastic enclosure to store his batteries in so they didn't get damaged, maybe you could do the same with the X2?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/gadgets-toys-and-hobbies/project-boxes/plastic-boxes

I have though about chopping the battery box off my X2 and using one of these for more storage!

That's one of my main ideas, hadn't thought of Maplins, I'll peruse the link later. :good:

• Like 2

I've got a couple of boxes that should be just right with a bit of fettling and ally bracing, pics as I go. 

The Hitec 845 is ordered, hope it drops straight in! 50kg at 7.4! Sweet! :yahoo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

My mistake I assumed with the packs been so close to the pinion that one had moved... That's some fair LiPo damage as well.

You were right, I've one damaged by the pinion and now a second one damaged by the ally velcro strap holders. Homebrew boxes are definitely the answer, I just don't want them to look pony.