• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Tamiya Thread! Aka just ask XVPilot :-)

TMaxxDave

Just now, RC4WD fan said:

? yep thought someone would of said something sooner ? think I've found the wheels now the HPI ones part number 3918 ? MS should have them in stock on the 17th of August it says they should but you never know ? I'm thinking the body in black with them wheels what you think ?

I think Black loses too many details, Its a bettle, go bright?

2 hours ago, Guns said:

I think Black loses too many details, Its a bettle, go bright?

I'm not so sure on that ? think it would look nice and clean ?

or I could do Tamiya PS3 ? would need 3 tins if I go a bright colour the base colour then silver or wight to back the base colour then black to finish it of compared to 1 tin of black 

Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it. Damn it, stupid Levant. Or stupid me, one of the 2, bought more spur gears to swap to a 61t spur, only to open the thing up and find my Levant is already running a 61t spur gear. Not impressed. Fitted the 14t Pinion though whilst I had it in bits. Shall see how it runs at weekend.

Guys I've just been thinking (scary thing I know ?) but the mf-01x is an m-chassis right? witch use smaller wheels to say a TT-02 so if I got the Porsche wheels there going to look a bit big in the beetle or am I wrong ?

Im hoping theres still 1 of these 4 left around Xmas. Mrs Gun’s is going to buy me a kit and that would be my dream (although we are going to stay up North in Nov with her Parents right by Time Tunnel Models....)

https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=31&lang=eng

Would take me right back to playing Gran Turismo as a kid

Edited by Guns

I have started painting the Subaru NBR shell. need to get better at cutting out wheel wells for the next body if there is one.

Soldered a switch back on to the TL-01 ESC. 

The WR-01 Double Blaze turned up, stripped and cleaned, currently still in bits as I'm going to order bearings for it (24 of them!). Also need a esc with twin output, so probably will get a Hobbywing 860. 

The battery (3300mah nimh) that came with WR-01 was completely dead, put it on the charger and it was at 4.4 volts ! Stuck 5 amps through it and it only charged to about 110mah, set it on a discharge and then charged again and it took 3800mah - how long it lasts in a car is another story of course.

Fleet is now up to:

CW-01 Lunchbox, CW-01 Midnight Pumpkin, Monster Beetle, Blitzer Beetle, WR-01 Double Blaze, DF-01 Manta Ray (FRP chassis etc), DF-02 Plasma Edge, TT-01E Nissan GTR + Subaru NBR shell, TL-01 ITC Alfa Romeo

With the exception of the Manta Ray all bought on ebay, cleaned up, fixed and made to run again. I think thats more than enough and should probably sell some on, but its fun to get them going again.. am running out off storage space though!

On 1 August 2018 at 21:05, RC4WD fan said:

Think I've sorted the paint colour out ps-37 backed with ps-23 ?

Well that went down the craper pretty much ruined the shell now ? the first and only time I try and do a fancy paint scheme 

I found a red and silver and black in my paint box so thinking great I'll save £15+ I'll use these nope looks like crap the paint use very very runny so straight from the get go it was ruined ? so I've tried to make it look like the paint is very faded and in not good condition I'm now thinking of like a rat rod style ? but this body was never the one that I was going to keep on it so I annoyed but not to much ?

3 hours ago, Mark_C said:

strip it with de-solv-it and start again ?

Yeah I could just left it for now like I said its not the body that's going on the mf-01x anyway

just wish I went with my first choice black job done ?

1 minute ago, Gampla said:

Would you not smoke out the windows slightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could of done to hide the chassis inside, probably a cockpit set would look better.

And after removing the window tint from a Porsche this week, I'm never tinting windows again :lol:  ever ?

Could of done to hide the chassis inside, probably a cockpit set would look better.

And after removing the window tint from a Porsche this week, I'm never tinting windows again :lol:  ever [emoji33]

If only I can find a set for my mercades amg gt3

1 minute ago, Gampla said:

If only I can find a set for my mercades amg gt3

Tints?

It's spray on.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-ts-71-smoke-acrylic-spray/rc-car-products/366329

Depending on how dark you want it depends on how many layers you add.