• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive Rally car project(s)

Carpmart

8 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

They look good. Great work in persevering and getting them sorted. :good: 

Thanks - I'm hoping that this will become a very popular.  Its just combining the best of all worlds, the de facto large scale platform, with Rally and or Rally X design that we all love....

8 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Hmmmm, they look really nice. Looks like a bought the mini at the right time lol

There you go dude...  To be clear, it needs the truck roll cage and the mini running width.  You can start with a truck and add mini parts, I think 100 sobs should cover it, or you start with a mini and add the truck bumpers, and cage...  6 of one, half dozen of the other, Roberts' your mothers brother! :D 

I think there are other bodies in the offing, including one which runs all truck running gear and cage...

Cage needs modifying slightly to accept the Scooby shell, just a trim back of the upper cage mounting posts on each side, pop off the bar from the front bumper, bolt shell on, job done.

Hats off to Nige for sorting these out. I'm also the owner of a 22b, which will be going out for paint.....too nice (and exclusive, lol) to balls up by my hand.

Seconded on the wheel front. Stock 5ive wheels do look a bit odd....

Noj - We need someone to do some wheel 3D printing for us.. Or a wheel manufacturer to see an opportunity and make some rally style wheels for these shells.  Anyone?

Rite Dye - any good and could I get white Losi mini wheels gold?

I think these are going to sell like hot cakes... Nige, you've been warned, get stocked up!  LOL

8 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

I've just seen this, it appears there has been a hpi version in the past

http://www.hobbymedia.it/12343/hpi-savage-5r-subaru-wrc-rally-in-scala-15

I'd seen that before Sean.  Whilst initially it sparked my interest, a HPI Savage is not a Losi 5ive.  

Bullet proof running and killer looks is what we are getting here! :)  Petrol (Noj may disprove this) so all the event too...  

Edited by Carpmart

Printing would be ideal.... I reckon you'd have to spray the mini wheels....not going to look good for too long.

I will be going brushless initially....dropping the 5ive back to the Castle set up for now, still not ruled out going gas though.

Have to say I remember you commenting to Darren about a rally car shell for a Losi... Glad to see it's finally happened... I think to get the gold wheels you'd have to buy some white ones, then dye them yellow and thenn dye them 'gold' or as Noj said, painted, but doubt that would be a lasting or a good look.

Looking forward to seeing how these pan out!

6 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Have to say I remember you commenting to Darren about a rally car shell for a Losi... Glad to see it's finally happened... I think to get the gold wheels you'd have to buy some white ones, then dye them yellow and thenn dye them 'gold' or as Noj said, painted, but doubt that would be a lasting or a good look.

Looking forward to seeing how these pan out!

Thanks mate lots of little 'detail' pieces to get right, including the wheels, but confident I can get a good overall look in the end....

Me and Nitroholic discussed it many moons before the Darren Smaile dialogue.... :) 

6 minutes ago, Noj said:

Definitely worth the wait though ;)

Considering these shells were made by a Canadian buddy in his shed, the detail and quality is excellent, aye.

Have you been to Canada in the winter, trust me, my pseudo (adopted) Canadian buddy is not heating and forming lexan like this in a shed... :)  

The wait overall was not the six weeks Canadian shipping time, rather the three years I've been trying to find a Rally shell maker for the 5iive...

Edited by Carpmart

I owe you thanks as well as Nige.....had you not been so patient and then hit upon 'buddy' and his thermal outbuilding, I'd not have a shell myself.

Thank you Mr Port. :D

8 minutes ago, Noj said:

I owe you thanks as well as Nige.....had you not been so patient and then hit upon 'buddy' and his thermal outbuilding, I'd not have a shell myself.

Thank you Mr Port. :D

Hey Lord Noj, we are but one big team.... let's hear it, in a USA chanting kind of way that you hear at the Ryder cup..... TEAM MSUK....TEAM MSUK.... TEAM MSUK

• Like 1