• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

So I have an issue and not sure what exactly might be the problem.  It turns really well to the left but really struggles turning right.  I did check that the trim is in the middle before anyone suggests that 😛  I had a look online and saw a suggestion that it might be the servo saver being too loose so I tightened it up, tried it, tightened it up again but it is still having the same issue and I have no clue how much I am supposed to tighten it up and I don't want to put undue stress on the ****ty servo it comes with.

Any advice?  I did fiddle with the trim and turned it all the way to the right but it really had little effect at all?

Remove the servo arm, if the steering then swings free, the servo is borked. Probably. 

1 hour ago, ridfrenzy said:

So I have an issue and not sure what exactly might be the problem.  It turns really well to the left but really struggles turning right.  I did check that the trim is in the middle before anyone suggests that 😛  I had a look online and saw a suggestion that it might be the servo saver being too loose so I tightened it up, tried it, tightened it up again but it is still having the same issue and I have no clue how much I am supposed to tighten it up and I don't want to put undue stress on the ****ty servo it comes with.

Any advice?  I did fiddle with the trim and turned it all the way to the right but it really had little effect at all?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ridfrenzy said:

If mechanically steering mechanism is free to move in both directions i would suspect servo defect. Not related to the problem but I would suggest using longer screw for servo saver and screwing a nut from the bottom side because you will get tired of tightening it up every or every other run when eventually threads will strip. 

Had an issue during todays run - at one point i lost all control for 2-3 seconds and the car was maintaining previous speed/direction - couldnt brake or turn (little bit of pee came out...). Gladly no one got hurt and the car survived the crash. Whats to blame here? Should i replace Traxxas controller? Im running MAX 6 with stock motor/controller.

3 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Had an issue during todays run - at one point i lost all control for 2-3 seconds and the car was maintaining previous speed/direction - couldnt brake or turn (little bit of pee came out...). Gladly no one got hurt and the car survived the crash. Whats to blame here? Should i replace Traxxas controller? Im running MAX 6 with stock motor/controller.

Unusual glitch. Do you have other radio gear you could install to then try and replicate the glitch? If steering was affected as well as throttle, it definitely sounds like a radio issue. Traxxas radio's are usually pretty reliable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Unusual glitch. Do you have other radio gear you could install to then try and replicate the glitch? If steering was affected as well as throttle, it definitely sounds like a radio issue. Traxxas radio's are usually pretty reliable. 

I had this issue last week but it was shorter in duration, so i thought it was nothing, but now.... unfortunately i dont have anything to replace it and try again... Could you recommend some decent controller? Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Hi, i think up to 400eur/$. Is TSM traxxas only feature?

Yea, Spektrum have their own version and I believe a Gyro could do the same thing. I dont know how much you use TSM though. I run a Noble NB4 on my X Maxx, but have kept the Stock Traxxas Radio on my XRT as I wanted to keep TSM

5 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Yea, Spektrum have their own version and I believe a Gyro could do the same thing. I dont know how much you use TSM though. I run a Noble NB4 on my X Maxx, but have kept the Stock Traxxas Radio on my XRT as I wanted to keep TSM

Yea, i use TSM often. Sooo this should be a good replacement?: Spektrum DX5 Pro 2021 DSMR TX w/SR2100

2 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Dont like? any particular reason? or just preference?   

Just feel cheap to me, and I dont really like Horizon stuff, but its just personal preference. Lots of people have great success with Spektrum gear

Im pretty sure the receiver in that combo doesnt have the gyro feature so you would have to look at another receiver

theres also this 1 bit cheaper but you would still need a gyro rx

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/spektrum-dx5-rugged-dsmr-tx-with-sr515-receiver-437375

found this rx 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/spektrum-6200a-6ch-avc-surface-rx-1333081

whatever Spektrum receiver you get make sure its DSMR as they do air receivers (DSMX) as well and they arnt compatable

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

found the combo i linked to a bit cheaper here 

https://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/spektrum-dx5-rugged-5ch-dsmr-tx-wsr515/

Thanks mate! Will have a lot of reading to do 🙂 

I don't want to jump from topic to topic, but this thing keeps bothering me - rear wheel alignment.. Is it suppose to be like this? 

Iv drawn lines to make it more obvious (red - rear; green - front)

20230611_164701.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a question that i have tried looking for online without an answer, so a good upgrade for these is to replace the steering servo, so a crawler 80kg servo is def an upgrade, but to get 80kg it needs 8.4 volts, so i understand a bypass adapter and a bec is needed so as there is no power take off from the esc (that i am reading online, or am i mistaken?) where is the power got from if there isint? As initially i figured a power tap can be used but the instructions for that says not to use it on a dual battery setup, so what are all you guys doing to overcome this? Are you guys just running it at 6v from the receiver at a slightly lower power or is there a right and wrong battery to attach the power tap too?

If using Max5/6 esc then you can up the BEC voltage, stock esc is only 6.0V. Either run a separate battery for high voltage servo or use a UBEC with correct current rating for servo tapped from a battery. I'm running a Max6 at 7.4V to stock servo.