• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

5 hours ago, Tadas said:

Iv found something:

I was thinking more along the lines of how the rear bumper is supported but for the rear of the body. 2 posts coming up from the base to the corners of the body in a trapezoid shape. Then from the corners to the shock tower. Basically it'd sort of look like the end of this bridge (the triangular part) but rotated 180°. That way all the force would be transferred to the base of the bumper support instead of the body. I know the foam block does the same but the body is still allowed to flex...which is what we're trying to prevent.

RRTrussBridgeSideView.jpg

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 11:02, martin34 said:

Thanks.I have just left them unplugged for now but I will remove them completely when I take the motor out to replace the stock fans👍

You can always throw the cables on Craigslist or something similar. I'm sure someone will take them off your hands as they can be used on any Traxxas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tadas said:

Planning on upgrading fans to THUNDEROOS. Maybe some one tried those 27k fans on your car? 

https://thunderoos.se/catalog.pdf

More fan speed doesnt always mean more cooling as it is how much air is moved/displaced ie cubic feet per minute, and there will be an optimum time that the  moving air will need to be in contact with the hot surface for maximum effect. I've yet to see any test results to prove higher rpm fans are significantly more effective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locky said:

More fan speed doesnt always mean more cooling as it is how much air is moved/displaced ie cubic feet per minute, and there will be an optimum time that the  moving air will need to be in contact with the hot surface for maximum effect. I've yet to see any test results to prove higher rpm fans are significantly more effective. 

Effects of Fan Speed

The speed of the fan (RPM) can be determined by the initial selection of the fan or by a fan control signal. Changing the speed of the fan will affect the air volume, the air pressure, the power consumed, and the acoustic noise produced by the fan. These relationships are described by what are called the "fan affinity laws".

Fan Affinity Laws

• The volume of air moved by the fan is proportional to the speed of the fan.
    • CFM α RPM
      • i.e. 3 x RPM produces 3 x CFM
  • The pressure of air from the fan is proportional to the square of the speed of the fan.
    • Air pressure α RPM2
      • i.e. 3 x RPM produces 9 x pressure

1 hour ago, Tadas said:

Effects of Fan Speed

The speed of the fan (RPM) can be determined by the initial selection of the fan or by a fan control signal. Changing the speed of the fan will affect the air volume, the air pressure, the power consumed, and the acoustic noise produced by the fan. These relationships are described by what are called the "fan affinity laws".

Fan Affinity Laws

• The volume of air moved by the fan is proportional to the speed of the fan.
    • CFM α RPM
      • i.e. 3 x RPM produces 3 x CFM
  • The pressure of air from the fan is proportional to the square of the speed of the fan.
    • Air pressure α RPM2
      • i.e. 3 x RPM produces 9 x pressure

Speed isn't the only thing to take into account. Blade pitch is a bigger factor. A 10mm thick fan will have to spin faster than a 30mm thick fan of the same diameter to move the same amount of air.

9 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Speed isn't the only thing to take into account. Blade pitch is a bigger factor. A 10mm thick fan will have to spin faster than a 30mm thick fan of the same diameter to move the same amount of air.

You do realize its pointless to argue since we are both right and we don't have datasheets for the specific fans? 🙂 All I'm asking is maybe someone have these specific fans on their car and has some feedback 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't ran my x maxx I got myself for Christmas.Its just to water logged everywhere for a brand new truck.I stated to dry wall tape and shoe goo the body.I got the back done and gave up as it smells really bad and the smell lingers for a few days.I would rather just replace the body when it's ruined.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really not impressed with the stock x maxx hubs.They have so much play in them you can wiggle the bearings about and they just fall out of the hubs.The rears were really bad so switched to the rpm rears and now virtually no play at all.I have heard the rpm front hubs aren't very good.Does anyone have any experience with them?

1 hour ago, martin34 said:

I am really not impressed with the stock x maxx hubs.They have so much play in them you can wiggle the bearings about and they just fall out of the hubs.The rears were really bad so switched to the rpm rears and now virtually no play at all.I have heard the rpm front hubs aren't very good.Does anyone have any experience with them?

Ive not had an issue with the stock front ones, but I run RPM Front and Rears on mine. I do believe the new stock Traxxas Hubs are different to the original ones and have a bigger bearing? Maybe you have these

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive not had an issue with the stock front ones, but I run RPM Front and Rears on mine. I do believe the new stock Traxxas Hubs are different to the original ones and have a bigger bearing? Maybe you have these

Thanks.I have the bigger bearing hubs as stock.The stock bearings fitted really nice into  the rear rpm hubs with a click and took out all the play.