• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

2 hours ago, scoobied77 said:

Yeah still loving my Dhawk shafts, still have not let me down. 🤙

I don't see how they can let us down, the impact required to bend these shafts would clearly be catastrophic enough to wipe out the human race!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

For that money buy it 👍👍

I'm just not sure the X needs a new motor, everyones on youtube just looks far too over powered and they only use 1/4 throttle and get unto around 55mph. Mines not far off that with the 1200kv motor on 8s

5 hours ago, Guns said:

I'm just not sure the X needs a new motor, everyones on youtube just looks far too over powered and they only use 1/4 throttle and get unto around 55mph. Mines not far off that with the 1200kv motor on 8s

That's all a load of crap when people state 'only use 1/4 throttle and get unto around 55mph' blah blah.

I go full wot in a big field all the time with my setup (albeit not for long). The hardest thing I find is keeping the nose down!

Mine does 60mph, although I must get around to doing a speed run on some tarmac to find it's true top end.

Edited by scoobied77

5 hours ago, Guns said:

if you are happy with your 1200kv (~36K rpm) why would you go lower? higher T pinion with lower kv motor won't give you any benefit over your current setup unless motor you are looking at is more (Kw) powerful 

52 minutes ago, scoobied77 said:

I go full wot in a big field all the time with my setup (albeit not for long). The hardest thing I find is keeping the nose down!

Thats what I want to avoid. I built a few Savages where I over egged it and it just became a wheely machine. I don't want to invest £300ish to make my truck actually worse in the real world.

46 minutes ago, Kukynas said:

if you are happy with your 1200kv (~36K rpm) why would you go lower? higher T pinion with lower kv motor won't give you any benefit over your current setup unless motor you are looking at is more (Kw) powerful 

The idea is a much bigger can (5692 vs the stock 4885), with a slightly lower KV (980 vs 1200) geared 30/35 as opposed to 22/46

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Thats what I want to avoid. I built a few Savages where I over egged it and it just became a wheely machine. I don't want to invest £300ish to make my truck actually worse in the real world.

If your happy on the setup you have now then I’d say don’t bother and save your money . 

I run one of those new Hobbywing 1100kv motors purely because I fancied a change, gives a bit more low down grunt a tad more speed and slightly lower temps. So big question was it worth the investment ? In all honestly probably not 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

If your happy on the setup you have now then I’d say don’t bother and save your money . 

I run one of those new Hobbywing 1100kv motors purely because I fancied a change, gives a bit more low down grunt a tad more speed and slightly lower temps. So big question was it worth the investment ? In all honestly probably not 🤣🤣

Its the mount and gears that cost! Ive spent the money on some more red alloy D Hawk parts now anyway. I’ll probably buy a brushed MERV over the motor conversion or more Lipos. 

9 hours ago, Guns said:

Its the mount and gears that cost! Ive spent the money on some more red alloy D Hawk parts now anyway. I’ll probably buy a brushed MERV over the motor conversion or more Lipos. 

Yep the mount and gears aren’t cheap but then quality costs there are cheaper gears and mounts out there if you look around 👍👍

Come on what you bought now ? 🤣

Not sure how D Hawk operate, but I pay in dollars on eBay from China, and they get to me very fast via Royal Mail with no sign of a customs label or anything to suggest they've been sent from abroad? Mostly pointless stuff here, but I decided to get the Red Alloy Shock Collars and the Red Alloy Shock Caps. Not cheap, and not necessary but I felt I needed to upgrade to the shafts as the TRX TiNi ones don't fill me with confidence. Cost me a fair bit, and I dont really like red alloy, would've preferred all black but here we are.

7Vr0c9v.jpg

cD782lf.jpg

I still laugh at the size of the shocks on this thing haha

g5sTXF2.jpg

Done

EloPb93.jpg

Up skirt shot

85rYdGM.jpg

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got some issues going on financially as my van has decided to blow a cam and an injector. I'm back on the road now, but my credit card has taken a hit and Im a little uncomfortable having a balance of £1000+ on a credit card for the first time in years. I also have a holiday to pay for...... Ive not used my X-maxx since the previous pictures so it makes sense to potentially let it go..... No idea what to sell for mind

Spec

Hobbywing Max 6 ESC (Boxed)

Geared 21/46

Traxxas 2085X Servo

RPM Upper and Lower Arms all round with captured Hinge Pins

RPM rear Hub Carriers with Over sized bearings

RPM front bumper mount

RPM Rear bumper mount

Dhawk Red Alloy Shock Shafts all around

Dhawk Red Alloy Shock Collars
Dhawk Red Alloy Shock Caps

Area RC Red Alloy Heatsink motor mount

GDS RC Red Alloy Gear box cover

GDS RC Red Alloy Steering brace

Red Alloy Steering turnbuckles

Russian Unbreakable V3 Shell

Brand new Proline F1-50 Raptor Pre Painted shell with brand new mounting system (nearly £150 worth)

Proline Badlands MX43's with Beadlock wheels

2x HRB 4s 5000mah 50c Lipos included but NO radio gear

Will break my heart to sell, as it did the last time, and this one is even better, but its not been used and I could do with the coin?

What do we think its worth money wise?

Edited by Guns

11 hours ago, Guns said:

Got some issues going on financially as my van has decided to blow a cam and an injector. I'm back on the road now, but my credit card has taken a hit and Im a little uncomfortable having a balance of £1000+ on a credit card for the first time in years. I also have a holiday to pay for...... Ive not used my X-maxx since the previous pictures so it makes sense to potentially let it go..... No idea what to sell for mind

Spec

Hobbywing Max 6 ESC (Boxed)

Geared 21/46

Traxxas 2085X Servo

RPM Upper and Lower Arms all round with captured Hinge Pins

RPM rear Hub Carriers with Over sized bearings

RPM front bumper mount

RPM Rear bumper mount

Dhawk Red Alloy Shock Shafts all around

Dhawk Red Alloy Shock Collars
Dhawk Red Alloy Shock Caps

Area RC Red Alloy Heatsink motor mount

GDS RC Red Alloy Gear box cover

GDS RC Red Alloy Steering brace

Red Alloy Steering turnbuckles

Russian Unbreakable V3 Shell

Brand new Proline F1-50 Raptor Pre Painted shell with brand new mounting system (nearly £150 worth)

Proline Badlands MX43's with Beadlock wheels

2x HRB 4s 5000mah 50c Lipos included but NO radio gear

Will break my heart to sell, as it did the last time, and this one is even better, but its not been used and I could do with the coin?

What do we think its worth money wise?

On a good day around the 850 mark there seem to be quite a few around now some as cheap as £550 ! eBay or one of the x Maxx groups on fb is probably your best bet if I had the money I’d have the prolines off you  if you wanted to split them but I’m skint now until end of July 🥴🥴

I reckon your probably better to strip the upgrades and sell it in lots for a better return on your investment if you still have the stock parts that is .. 

On 26/06/2019 at 08:56, mydoddy69 said:

On a good day around the 850 mark there seem to be quite a few around now some as cheap as £550 ! eBay or one of the x Maxx groups on fb is probably your best bet if I had the money I’d have the prolines off you  if you wanted to split them but I’m skint now until end of July 🥴🥴

I reckon your probably better to strip the upgrades and sell it in lots for a better return on your investment if you still have the stock parts that is .. 

Ive still got the stock parts, but not sure Id want to go down that route as once I started returning it to stock id fall back in love. 

I go on holiday tomorrow, ill see how much I waste and then work out when im back

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a new orange Xmaxx to scratch an itch I've had for a MT for some time. I hope I am in for a treat?!

So,

I have a few questions if I may?

Even through rcmart say no shipping of Traxxas to the UK, do they let some orders through? I have spent about £2k with them in the last 6 months, so perhaps that helps?

If not is ModelSports or Wheelspin my best bet in the UK for the beast?

I'm not a fan of RTR servos, so any recommendations? I tend to run Savox in all my other models so is there one from them that's ideal?

My chargers and batteries are setup with EC3 connectors, can I swap the stock Traxxas ones on the ESC for EC3 or do I need EC5 to handle the amps? The charger I have (an ISDT d2) has built in XT60 connectors, so I could go that route, but do I need their bigger brother (XT90) for this rig?

Not a fan of the transmitter, so if I swap the RX and TX out for my Futaba 7PX and suitable RX, I will lose the TSM part. Is that really needed anyway? I'm new to MT so will take it slowly, but have 4S 1/8 buggies which are pretty quick. I know the handling is completely different, but as I said will take it slowly (for 2 mins at least 😂) so keen to ditch the RX/TX if I can.

Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers

Edited by Funkyfresh

Wouldn't bother, shipping for that from RCMart, even if it is possible, will probably be the best part of nearly $200

Yes you can swap connectors, personally I would go for either EC5 or XT90

No, you don't "need" the TSM.

I got mine from RCGeeks with a £60 off code but I think that offer is over now.

R

2 hours ago, Funkyfresh said:

Hello all,

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a new orange Xmaxx to scratch an itch I've had for a MT for some time. I hope I am in for a treat?!

So,

I have a few questions if I may?

Even through rcmart say no shipping of Traxxas to the UK, do they let some orders through? I have spent about £2k with them in the last 6 months, so perhaps that helps?

If not is ModelSports or Wheelspin my best bet in the UK for the beast?

I'm not a fan of RTR servos, so any recommendations? I tend to run Savox in all my other models so is there one from them that's ideal?

My chargers and batteries are setup with EC3 connectors, can I swap the stock Traxxas ones on the ESC for EC3 or do I need EC5 to handle the amps? The charger I have (an ISDT d2) has built in XT60 connectors, so I could go that route, but do I need their bigger brother (XT90) for this rig?

Not a fan of the transmitter, so if I swap the RX and TX out for my Futaba 7PX and suitable RX, I will lose the TSM part. Is that really needed anyway? I'm new to MT so will take it slowly, but have 4S 1/8 buggies which are pretty quick. I know the handling is completely different, but as I said will take it slowly (for 2 mins at least 😂) so keen to ditch the RX/TX if I can.

Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers

Rcmart will not ship traxxas parts or vehicles to the uk they will however ship aftermarket parts for traxxas vehicles like rpm proline etc 👍👍

if you swap the connectors your void your warranty 👍

tsm is just a gimmick and not need your also loose the self righting feature if you swap Tx and Rx