• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

18 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Do you know how long you actually need it guns?

I'm thinking a complete Vorza front upper tie rod link.  5mm rod and 3mm screw at the ball end.

The short ones:

413O2GSEsAL._SX355_.jpg

I can check the length later if you want. Could prob dremmel a bit off either end of the rod and a bit off the plastics to shorten it further. Reckon it could beef it a bit being 5mm :) 

Edit: I ignore me. Just measured 75mm. Talking out me butt again :doh:

Don't think these will do - too long before they reach the threaded part.

Al.

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just seen these are on special at asiatees if anyone is interested £15 off is not bad but limited colours so be quick or just remove the coating with oven cleaner ;) 

https://www.asiatees.com/display?id=119422&brand=Traxxas&model=XMAXX

I've ordered myself a couple to try out ;) 

I don't know if y'all can get "Greased Lighting" over their,  but I've had amazing results removing anodizing.  I would post a pic of my X-MAXX shocks, but Photobucket doesn't cooperate.

38 minutes ago, Guns said:

Out of morbid curiosity what 8mm pinion gear would one use with a Leopard 1340kv motor and a Kershaw mount.... do you use the stock spur? Guessing i use stock spur? Id need a Max 5 too i believe?

With your normal 6s and 1600kv gearing that you were originally using the 8s with the Leopard will still be quicker than it was due to higher rpm's.

On 6s with the 1600kv your nominal rpm = 22.2 x 1600 = 35520

On 8s with the 1340kv your nominal rpm = 29.6 x 1340 = 39664

Myself I'd be safe and put your usual 6s 1600kv gearing in and see what data you get ie heat, performance etc first.

If it comes out pretty cool then go up.

36 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Most use a 29-32t pinion

Really?!!!! :o I'd of thought that would be hot as hell.

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Out of morbid curiosity what 8mm pinion gear would one use with a Leopard 1340kv motor and a Kershaw mount.... do you use the stock spur? Guessing i use stock spur? Id need a Max 5 too i believe?

Motor limit on the max6 is 5892 1500kv on 6s and 1200kv on 8s and max 160a the leopard is 5892 but has a 180a max limit so I'd so you need the Max5 fella ;)  

At the same time you'd need new lipos as those zippy packs are 145a max so for the leopard there useless 

Be careful though as there's 2 1340kv motors out there the top one is the one you want IMO 

http://www.rcjuice.com/leopard-5892-4-pole-brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-5-scale-1340kv.html

http://www.rcecho.com/LEOPARD-RC-Model-5692-KV1340-4-Poles-R-C-Hobby-Inrunner-Brushless-Motor-IM166.html

Edited by mydoddy69

33 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Motor limit on the max6 is 5892 1500kv on 6s and 1200kv on 8s and max 160a the leopard is 5892 but has a 180a max limit so I'd so you need the Max5 fella ;)  

At the same time you'd need new lipos as those zippy packs are 145a max so for the leopard there useless 

Be careful though as there's 2 1340kv motors out there the top one is the one you want IMO 

http://www.rcjuice.com/leopard-5892-4-pole-brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-5-scale-1340kv.html

http://www.rcecho.com/LEOPARD-RC-Model-5692-KV1340-4-Poles-R-C-Hobby-Inrunner-Brushless-Motor-IM166.html

Yea Im just getting a potential shopping list ready really. Give me something to aim for/get out of bed to go to workfor. Id get the 40c 6200's. i havent even tried the Max 6, Stock Motor and 8s yet haha

31 minutes ago, Guns said:

Yea Im just getting a potential shopping list ready really. Give me something to aim for/get out of bed to go to workfor. Id get the 40c 6200's. i havent even tried the Max 6, Stock Motor and 8s yet haha

Nah you want the 5800 60c 4s or better still those packs Al has ;) 

7 minutes ago, Guns said:

What packs does Al have?

Arent 6200 40c's = 240a which is more than enough?

There okay buy 5800 60c = 348a which is much better :) 

Al has the Graphene packs lucky man got them on special I think ? 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

Would be so much easier if they made boxes big enough on these big ass things to fit these lipo's in:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-8000mah-4s1p-30c.html

I think Al got his packs half price lucky beggar :) 

Tbf. I don't reckon the stock 1600kv motor would be rated more than 4000w. I mean come on, Traxxas were shipping this with 25C lipo's??

I'd punt that the Leopard  LBP5682/2Y  152A   29V   4500W   1360KV   with the fan fitted running 8s with 5800mah 40c batteries and just over stock gearing would be sweet as a nut and runtime would increase by 20%.

I know It's not much comparison but from running 8th scale I've gone:

From a 4074 2200kv on 4s, (120A 2400w) run time was junk and slow.

To a 4082 1600kv on 6s (120A 3500w) better times but can't keep the front wheels down which is now annoying.

To a 4074 1700kv on 6s (108A 2600w) good run time but can barely just about put the front wheels back down.

Next I'm going to go to a 4065 1800kv on 6s (70A 2000w) to take some of the torque out to stop lifting so much.

My punch was on 6 with 4s and has been on 2!! throughout the 6s runs.

So as I've volted up I'm shortening the can length because the extra voltage creates more watts so you can use a lower amp motor to get the exact same power & handling characteristics as you did with the lower voltage/higher amp draw setup.

This in turn increases run time too as a result of the higher voltage lower amp draw.

My point is in principle the same mathematics should apply to any scale of vehicle.

5500w+ is unnecessary and will just nail everything and prob kill your lipo's as well.

If my circumstances could change I would get one of these now there's diff options available :(

Just need more wheel options now :rolleyes: (and the price to come down.... a lot!! :lol:

45 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

I know It's not much comparison but from running 8th scale I've gone:

From a 4074 2200kv on 4s, (120A 2400w) run time was junk and slow.

To a 4082 1600kv on 6s (120A 3500w) better times but can't keep the front wheels down which is now annoying.

To a 4074 1700kv on 6s (108A 2600w) good run time but can barely just about put the front wheels back down.

Next I'm going to go to a 4065 1800kv on 6s (70A 2000w) to take some of the torque out to stop lifting so much.

My punch was on 6 with 4s and has been on 2!! throughout the 6s runs.

My point is in principle the same mathematics should apply to any scale of vehicle.

5500w+ is unnecessary and will just nail everything and prob kill your lipo's as well.

A little throttle control goes a long way ;) :D

i have pulled around 9500w in an 8th scale speed run, I think that was at around 240a.....not quite sure of the top of my head, I would have to pull the log data up to remind myself.

• Like 1

Saw my name being mentioned ....

These are what I bought for less than half price - still seem perfect so just a fantastic deal: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-4s-hardcase-w-5mm-female-bullet-connector.html

Turnigy Graphene 5000mAh 4S Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED)

Needed to make sure the Beast was fed!!

Al.

My brother in law works in shanghai. He's gone thru taobao and ordered me some diff gears. They arrived w him today. 

Hes visiting thurs. so hopefully have a set of them and the hds to try. Not sure how many sets r coming as he ordered 2 sets thinking they are 1 set front 1 set rear.... hard to tell if a set was front and rear!??? 

• Like 1

Talking of motors, lipos  and running 8s we have all forgotten about the new Traxxas offering ! Lets not rule that out just yet as it would be a heck of a lot easier to just slot it in pop on a pinion and go have fun no need for any aftermarket mounts etc 

More than likely there pop up cheap on good old eBay at some point which is another plus 

Going 8s maybe to much ? Lets not forget 6s was a handful and truck don't like the heavy impacts much so add more weight more speed and more will break ? They only beefed the drivetrain and no one as yet seems to have pushed it unless you count the guy on YouTube that mashes the throttle and the rear wheels break of from to much torque lol 

I got a set of 4S coming but only really because I like a end of the day bit of madness if the truck not broken by then lol 

3 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

My brother in law works in shanghai. He's gone thru taobao and ordered me some diff gears. They arrived w him today. 

Hes visiting thurs. so hopefully have a set of them and the hds to try. Not sure how many sets r coming as he ordered 2 sets thinking they are 1 set front 1 set rear.... hard to tell if a set was front and rear!??? 

If you want to part with a set or can get some more give me a PM fella please 

1 hour ago, Ocdcbr said:

From the website pics it looks like front and rear gears are sold seperately.

Works out at approx £55+ postage for a complete set then.

Be good to confirm if front and rear are definitely sold seperately, if they are I will prob order from ebay/gpm.

These are what I bought for less than half price - still seem perfect so just a fantastic deal: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-4s-hardcase-w-5mm-female-bullet-connector.html

91209.jpg

Al.

I have the 4600 shorty pack of these, that I run in the xb4 great punch for the dough will be ordering more [emoji2].

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, chilau said:

From the website pics it looks like front and rear gears are sold seperately.

Works out at approx £55+ postage for a complete set then.

Be good to confirm if front and rear are definitely sold seperately, if they are I will prob order from ebay/gpm.

Yes they were delivered to him this morning and it's 1 set of front 1 set rear. £55 ish. I wanted to check how easy / reliable they were to get b4 suggesting getting them for others....:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Turnigy Graphene 5000mAh 4S Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED)

Al.

What run time do you get from 5000 mah tho? My mrs keeps giving me jobs, but she is back at work tomorrow so weather dependant Ill take mine out on 8S :)

I'm still waiting for the body to be completed before I start hammering, and there again, I won't be going too hard for long - I'm too impatient.

I'd probably take a few rigs somewhere - park or something - then blast up and down for perhaps 5-10 minutes - then that's me done.

5Ah is more than enough for me - it'll probably be somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes all in, obviously depending on terrain and how angry I am!!

If I want to blast for an hour, I'll just get the big petrol truck out, and I'm happy! It does attract a bit of attention, but it's great fun. 2WD and 18 kg.

Al.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Guns said:

What run time do you get from 5000 mah tho? My mrs keeps giving me jobs, but she is back at work tomorrow so weather dependant Ill take mine out on 8S :)

I like it when my Mrs gives me jobs :whistling:

• Like 1