• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive T Progress Options and Opinions

SlayerLayer

20160131_165204_zpsokspkvpo.jpgRight so at the weekend i brought my first 1/5th scale rc losi 5ive t 2nd hand.

From a top bloke, brilliant would 100% buy from him again, well looked after.

But as being new and all to this scene I'm probably going to have a lot of questions for you guys, where to buy, what to buy, what to do, and so on. 

20160131_165020.thumb.jpg.4b39b15da38dcc

20160131_165024_zpsqafcp9sh.jpg

20160131_165213_zpsvp4ncsvj.jpg

I'll put here every question i have and everything i do with this car from using it to breaking it to dismantling it and replacing bits and so on.

Just the progress with it.

Edited by SlayerLayer

I needed a new shell when I bought my used 5ive, I just trauled eBay and other sites for a good used one and ended up with a decent one for about £60..

I used a combination of ducktape and fibreglass kit (messy!) but it helped the weak points (front arches).

Again, for spares I did the same, checked out eBay for good condition used and also got stuff from Freeprawn, MMR etc.

From the get go I got a kill switch and then got some chassis protector plates - Servo's and a quick release throttle release!

I recommend plasterers joint tape and shoe goo on the inside of the shell especially around the most vulnerable edge parts but if you have enough shoe goo and tape,do the lot

• Like 1

20160201_140407_zps23d3vrg9.jpgI've got other photos i wanted to upload for you guys to see but won't let me :boredlook:

But can i get just the center diff cup and a pin to go through the cvd i think? 

Edited by SlayerLayer

The out drive cup and pins are fairly easy to change :) the pins will just knock out with a vice and hammer you can heat it up slightly before knocking them out just to make it easy. here is the pin set you can buy http://abbotsrc.co.uk/LOSI-5IVE-TMINI-WRC-DRIVE-PIN-SET-16-LOSB6560-P5470546.aspx

As for the out drives its just a case of stripping the diff apart and changing the cups although i would suggest changing the rubber O rings in the diff at the same time and then its just a case of putting it back together with all new oils  http://abbotsrc.co.uk/LOSI-5IVE-TMINI-WRC-CENTRE-DIFFERENTIAL-OUTDRIVE-SET-2-LOSB3214-P5428676.aspx   http://www.mmrlargescale.co.uk/acatalog/RCLOSB3214.html

I swear by the drywall tape / shoo goo. 3x 110ml tubes should be enough to cover most the 5ive shell. 100x better than duct tape which soon starts to peel letting dust get stuck then soon after it looks a right mess under ther. 

But if I could I would use fibreglass. I saw one post saying that shoo goo on a large scale body can actually make it weaker not sure how and I hope it's guff. I've done mine already lol. 

Just buy generic hardened machine pins/dowels off eBay for the drive pins.  Would need to refer to my records for correct size, but they are MUCH cheaper and just as good as the pins that you buy with a Losi label on the packet!

Maybe Losi cloned them ;)

Can i put water through my exhaust?  As its got blocked witg dirt when it bounched on its back :D and i haven't got an air compressor. And my lungs aren't strong enough to push it out.

Ive got a v2 predator