• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

On 3/8/2016 at 20:21, RCbutcher said:

Sounds like the dh won't be that much cheaper than the vekta then. 999.99 mayb. I wouldn't pay that tho.  

The DH with alloy parts everywhere is calling mine..... There's much more alloy on the DH then the Vekta

The support the big American tuning companies are going to provide is a HUGE selling point for the Vekta, I can't see DDM, Turtle, Bartolone.., etc making anything at all for the DH, but at the end of the day it's a personal choice and I know where my money is going 

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

The support the big American tuning companies are going to provide is a HUGE selling point for the Vekta, I can't see DDM, Turtle, Bartolone.., etc making anything at all for the DH, but at the end of the day it's a personal choice and I know where my money is going 

That is very rue but from the conversations I've had with the people who've been testing the DH for the last few months it doesn't really need any parts 'upgrading'

To me the Vekta was built to be upgraded.... Not what I would want considering it's rumoured price tag.

My biggest worry with the DH was that it was giong to be priced to close to the Vekta but the price is nearly £200 less then even I was expecting.

Ive got to say i was a little surprised at the price of a roller. I think they got the price point wrong.

Now ive not seen one in the flesh but have spoken to Mark who rates it highly but theres a few bits im not so sure will be reliable in the long run.

I think it needed to be £100 less to really bring in new customers , I dont see how it can be £100 more than a Losi 5ive T roller.

I really hope it works out well and we see some racing at the nationals 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rover Man said:

Ive got to say i was a little surprised at the price of a roller. I think they got the price point wrong.

Now ive not seen one in the flesh but have spoken to Mark who rates it highly but theres a few bits im not so sure will be reliable in the long run.

I think it needed to be £100 less to really bring in new customers , I dont see how it can be £100 more than a Losi 5ive T roller.

5 hours ago, Rover Man said:

Not sure how you can say that when you take into account the amount of alloy stuff it comes with, Stuff that is an optional extra were the 5ive is concerned. When you break it down there is very little plastic on the DH,  yet people here are waxing lyrical the Vekta just because it has an alloy axle, And people know less about that than they do the DH, But for some reason they talk about it as if it's already available and it's built like a tank, When we know nothing about it really.  

I think for what the DH comes with its fantastic value.

• Like 2

On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 22:50, .AJ. said:

Ahh, I'm following threat thread as well, I can't comment on it as I've been banned lol, but DDM Steve said on RC Tech it's being made in Taiwan 

Dont think they liked my username.....

image.jpg1_zpsehpc5sdy.jpg

I did aswell but not all that bothered lol!

HBF seems at least 5x worse than Traxxas.

Certainly language has to be moderated in public in view of the potential audience but a forum is a place for discussion, where opinions both for and against may be aired.... that's the theory anyway!!

Al.

• Like 1