• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New KM X2

beano123

Not being funny, the 4wd can't of been much good as they aren't popular. 

Km could ofBrought the plans from someone cheap and made a few...

Will have a quick read on the way to work... see if it's still for sale, any good etc. Could be a bit of fun if it's not too £

I'm not a KM hater, their baja's look good and their reviews are great... if I was buying new (firstly I would build from scratch) then it would be a km baja.

I'm not too sure on the km x2 yet, these newer ones seem to be getting good reviews. Although I wouldn't personally buy one yet because I know how much time Andy spent tinkering with his x2 in the field while we where bashing.

Edited by (-:AD:-)

16 minutes ago, (-:AD:-) said:

Not being funny, the 4wd can't of been much good as they aren't popular. 

Km could ofBrought the plans from someone cheap and made a few...

Will have a quick read on the way to work... see if it's still for sale, any good etc. Could be a bit of fun if it's not too £

I'm not a KM hater, their baja's look good and their reviews are great... if I was buying new (firstly I would build from scratch) then it would be a km baja.

I'm not too sure on the km x2 yet, these newer ones seem to be getting good reviews. Although I wouldn't personally buy one yet because I know how much time Andy spent tinkering with his x2 in the field while we where bashing.

The 4WD Baja that KM make is very popular in the states...... it just doesn't seem to be sold over here.... Kind of like the KM X1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big gaz said:

Sorry to go off topic but has anyone noticed all the newer cars parked in Aldi and lidl? 

Thats why I drive a 17 year old Land Rover.....

to be honest though, I was all up for buying a km when the time was right, then a tank old hpi baja 5b v2 fell into my lap for damned good money so it was a no brainier really..... Hpi all the way.

but if we were all the same, wouldn't this place be dull?

everyone has a budget to stick to I suppose and these clones help bring enjoyment to the masses.....

another way of putting it really is Ferrari, very exclusive, perfect and expensive cars, if there were cheap, Porsche would be out of business. Simples.

For me personally, I've actually had both, at the same time, bashing at the same time etc... I've had more breakages on HPIs than I have on KMs, it's not down to luck IMO.
Based on first hand experience, HPI's quality seems to have got worse, where as KM has got a lot better.
Customers have been asking HPI for simple upgrades on the Baja for about as long as it's been out, just very simple things, like a 3Ch radio for a killswitch, alloy clutch carrier... Not major parts, basic things, they haven't done it.
People asked KM for differences in the X2 like shell and oiled diffs, the very next 'release' of the X2, all those parts are sorted.
HPI in my personal experience (and I know a lot of others) have pretty crap UK customer service, had slightly better dealings with a USA branch, but then you've got the issue of them not wanting to handle something you purchased in the UK, blah blah blah.
KM (RCModelz) in my experience, is superb customer service.
Not a personal dig to HPI owners at all, you do with your own monies what you wish, but there is a pattern emerging.
Put the whole 'clone' thing aside for a second, strip it back to what you actually get for your hard earned money and you can see exactly why KM's are so popular.

• Like 2

Just now, Oh How Original said:

Absolutely no idea why that's quoted Gaz there... I can't get rid of it though... Yippeeee, nice to see the Forum working properly :lol:

If you have a quote in the text box, click the quote and a X in a box on the top left corner of the quote appears (the "move-box") - if you hover your mouse over that, and press delete on the keyboard, it disappears. 

Took me a while to figure that out, too.

Edited by m4inbrain

11 hours ago, babylon said:

The biggest problem I have with all the clone talk, Is the hypocrisy, People are quick to jump on the clone slagging high horse, While all the time putting stuff from TR,Uber and all the like on there cars.

This is one quote that kind of sums it up that I remembered, And please Andy, It is NOT a dig at you, But In "Andys X2/5ive Hybrid Build" thread, Andy said.

So forgive me if I'm wrong, But from looking through the thread, The only thing on the car that is Losi is the chassis, So you can't call it a Losi anymore than you could call the X2 a Losi, You took a car made up of clone parts, And fitted better quality clone parts, Making a stronger 5ive clone.

And that's were the lines seem to be blurring, Companies bring to market all these clone parts, And we buy them, And it's ok, A company brings these clone parts together to make a whole, And it's not ok. Put it this way, If I started buying all these parts from all these different companies in bulk, Put them together and started to sell my ow

I get what you are saying but the chassis is the platform for every other component so in my book the Losi chassis qualifies it to be called a Losi 5ive in some way, shape or form.

Can you see what I'm saying, you can't on one hand say that Uber stuff is Ok because the bloke that owns it is sound, Anymore than you can say KM stuff is not, They are all OEM's, Copying some from another OEM.

8 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I didn't even quote him in the first place and it still did it :lol:

Tell me owt Dan, I think you just like following me :harhar:

to be honest though, I went into my baja deal a little blind, usually when buying a rc, I either know the brand or research it first.

this one however popped up and assumed Hpi (from when I built my savage flux) was still the very best and at nearly half price I was getting a bargain...

now after many hop ups and x amount of £ spent, it still works out like I've bought a new box stock baja but toughened up a bit, although I'm not abusing it as such, still coming to terms with sheer size and speed.

24 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

No ones forcing you to read or participate in it ;)

Well stop ******** posting rubbish then...

I'm into large scale cars and as a consequence, read and participate actively in the largescale section of this forum.  As such, tell me how the frick I avoid you're drivel... :) 

talk about something interesting for crying out loud! 

39 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Well stop ******** posting rubbish then...

I'm into large scale cars and as a consequence, read and participate actively in the largescale section of this forum.  As such, tell me how the frick I avoid you're drivel... :)

talk about something interesting for crying out loud!

I'm into large scale cars and as a consequence, read and participate actively in the largescale section of this forum, As such I post about my RC and talk about it with others. If you don't like it then maybe consider moving to another forum or better yet ignore it!

And talk about something interesting? What you don't find interesting others might so what gives you the right complain about the content and decide if it's interesting or not? Especially on an open forum?

Conversions and threads like this will ALWAYS exist in forums.

Edited by scatteh316

2 hours ago, scatteh316 said:

I'm into large scale cars and as a consequence, read and participate actively in the largescale section of this forum, As such I post about my RC and talk about it with others. If you don't like it then maybe consider moving to another forum or better yet ignore it!

And talk about something interesting? What you don't find interesting others might so what gives you the right complain about the content and decide if it's interesting or not? Especially on an open forum?

Conversions and threads like this will ALWAYS exist in forums.

More yawning.... :36_11_13[1]:

4 hours ago, babylon said:

Can you see what I'm saying, you can't on one hand say that Uber stuff is Ok because the bloke that owns it is sound, Anymore than you can say KM stuff is not, They are all OEM's, Copying some from another OEM.

Not stickily true as uber and Tr  sell upgraded parts not cheap Chinese knock offs of someone else's design work 

Let me try this.  I have a car built from a Losi chassis, some losi parts and the rest aftermarket upgrade parts which were originally designed to upgrade Losi components plus a km engine.  What do I refer to my car as? A Losi? A generic 4wd rc car? A Losi aftermarket hybrid?

Every Baja no matter who makes it is always called a Baja because that is the design style of the car.  With the 5ive and x2 there is no generic name for the style of car that everybody uses. 

Not stickily true as uber and Tr  sell upgraded parts not cheap Chinese knock offs of someone else's design work 

No, Tr sell Expensive American Knock off's.

The price or the quality of the product neither here nor there, You yourself already said that the Losi and the X2 are not the same,So like Tr, They have changed the design, You can't call one an upgrade, And one a knock off.

Your being a bit of a hypocrite when you say stuff like this

I would never buy a clone as i dont agree with the principal or the ethics of ripping off someone else's design.

When your next transaction could be a Tr  front chassis brace for a Baja, A chassis brace for a Baja is just what it is, Using a different Alloy or changing the shape ever so slightly doesn't change what it is, An as good a direct copy of an the original HPI brace as your gonna get.

tur0014-280x280.jpgZ41CE7E5D7AF3260E7E20DBC324DD0A71.jpg

By your argument, One is a knock off that you wouldn't buy out of principle, But the other is ok cos it comes from a family run business in the states, But I guess none of them are licensed by, Or pay royalties to HPI, So there both knock off's, One has no more right to be on sell than the other, No matter how you try and dress it up to clear you conscience

• Like 2

You miss my point entirely. I class an alloy option part as an upgrade simple as that. Were talking about the cars as clones not parts .

Parts are an upgrade whom ever you buy them from. Personally i only fit parts that are better than the stock part .

As ive already said everyone as there own opinion if you happy to buy a clone then thats great, For you. Id rather invest my money in the companies that

Design and develop the model