• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

20 minutes ago, turok007 said:

the main traxxas page said 03/03/16  but i don't know if that meant the next fixed batch or not.  lol 

Apparently this is when hobby shops can expect theirs if they place a batch order today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turok007 said:

someone asked on the T forum and a traxxas employee said yes plastic

Wow... Traxxas Really love cutting Them corners don't they. ....:lol:....crap esc....plastic  motor ends. .....silly servo mounts. ....who knows  what else :rolleyes:

Edited by evssv

Traxxas cut corners in some places, to use that money designing the special fitment parts. Cost cutting would have been use standard fit. 

I can't wait to find out who makes these electrics. Does the Erevo still use castle? 

The plastic motor ends could be covers to hide the motor brand or are they actually plastic ends you pop off and look into the motor. 

Edited by RCbutcher

20 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Traxxas cut corners in some places, to use that money designing the special fitment parts. Cost cutting would have been use standard fit. 

I can't wait to find out who makes these electrics. Does the Erevo still use castle? 

The plastic motor ends could be covers to hide the motor brand or are they actually plastic ends you pop off and look into the motor. 

if you remove the plastic the motor will fall apart as they are holding the bearings. it must be a special plastic.  but metal would of been better

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Ohh thats odd, Modelsport UK has removed the expected 2nd Feb on the X MAXX, it now just said scheduled. 

Im thinking they aint even got them yet and there is another delay ?

6 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Thats where I've ordered from. I believe they have one of the first batch left which is due Friday 

2 minutes ago, bjbear123 said:

Ohh thats odd, Modelsport UK has removed the expected 2nd Feb on the X MAXX, it now just said scheduled. 

Im thinking they aint even got them yet and there is another delay ?

did the ones in customs get fixed on the spot or did they get taken back.  if they were just fixed then they should be here very soon.  But they are waiting for approval from the CPSC

2 minutes ago, Basher 46 said:

Apparently someone on fb X max page spoke to "Dan" at Kershaw today and they are planning to produce proper diffs an would be on the shelfs in a couple months !

i did here that 

• Like 1

Somebody in Traxxas must be embarrassed by all of this.

Imagine if it had been engineered 'properly'.

It's not as if they don't have / have access to enough expertise, surely? !!

Frankly ridiculous!!

Al.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

Somebody in Traxxas must be embarrassed by all of this.

Imagine if it had been engineered 'properly'.

It's not as if they don't have / have access to enough expertise, surely? !!

Frankly ridiculous!!

Al.

they want to sell spares and upgrades  but they went a little over the top on cutting corners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NG15 said:

What's up with the original diffs? 

some have broke  but they do seem good.   but as some other traxxas diffs were poor  a company has got in quick with a replacement just in case

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turok007 said:

they want to sell spares and upgrades  but they went a little over the top on cutting corners.

It is standard Traxxas.

Basic truck will do for most hobby-ists, but those wanting to be 'more serious' or simply faster, need to start upgrading - strength, longevity, speed, etc.

This is a fantastic-looking BIG truck - everything's there for the enthusiast, then they hand what were presumably production-ready 'pre-production' models to the hobby stores - the REALLY serious guys, and everyone's surprised when things start going both right and wrong.

Could have happened to most manufacturers I suppose, but it is typical of what we know of Traxxas - good initial effort, but as stated, rely on the hop-ups for the 'real money'.

Al.

• Like 2