• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

34 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

here is the esc mod.......a fuse!!

20160131_084323.jpg

Sorry guys this is pathetic !! It's no more than sticking a band aid on the problem in my opinion . It's a cheap nasty cover up and as for having to wait X,s amounts of weeks and this is all they can come up with ? All I got to say is that's one exspensive bit of fancy wire with a fuse as the new price hike is what £50 for this ! 

What a load of crap it's a simple way out of those warranty claims that's all this is !! 

This is for me would be the plug puller sorry 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Certainly done your homework.

Excellent job.

There are no driveshaft options - yet, so they're going to be standard I presume.

What ESC / motor combo are you looking at?

Wheels? Standard or Kershaw?

Al.

Yes standard drive shafts until MIP bring out upgrades.

standard motor with castle xlx, then try 2028 with kershaw mount

As to wheels will go with standard, I have some 40 series wheels from proline here with trenchers on, they don't fit over the steering hubs.  

The internal size on the standard wheels must be huge

44 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

here is the esc mod.......a fuse!!

20160131_084323.jpg

Any one know what amps the fuse is?

also is it replaceable or replace the complete wire.

I see this fusable link going out of stock very quickly if thats the case.

A fuse is an old school safety feature, if the esc was up to the job it would not need a fuse

It should have a built in circuit breaker that can be reset, if it was modern solution, (again if esc was upto the job it wouldn't be needed)

9 minutes ago, Noj said:

:lol::lol::lol:

That is plain ridiculous, why not just wait and buy the whole truck for less???

where is the Fun in that?,

I am not one to sit and twiddle my fingers, waiting as traxxas might deliver my truck this week

Also i didn't get the cheap preorder price, but the £760 price, so it not that bad

• Like 1

The rc community should stand up and shout stop rushing projects release the v1 to be the only version needed. Allowing v2 to be all about improvements not fixes. 

Is it the hobbywing maxx8 that says v3 already? I know I saw an esc we all like that hasn't been out long called v3. 

Surley people would rather moan about R&D taking time over this.  But hpi fans was fuming over the octane wait.

Is the eu more strict on what passes quality because that's what it looks like to me.  Or are the eu being careful because of that electric scooter stuff. Didn't one of those cause somebody serous harm.

It took hpi over ten years to get the savage right :)

Not much difference in price - building with split-down trucks - but let's be honest, if we got got one of these trucks, one of the first things we'd do is dismantle it and re-screw it - to ensure all is 'good and tight'.

Also, he's replaced all screws where able with stainless.

I was considering this idea, but I want to wait to see what hop-ups will be available in the next 12 months.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ukfox said:

Any one know what amps the fuse is?

also is it replaceable or replace the complete wire.

I see this fusable link going out of stock very quickly if thats the case.

A fuse is an old school safety feature, if the esc was up to the job it would not need a fuse

It should have a built in circuit breaker that can be reset, if it was modern solution, (again if esc was upto the job it wouldn't be needed)

If Traxxarse are on form as expected, the wire's probably the fuse!!

It's probably going to burn through / out before too much current passes into / through the ESC - simples.

STILL A FIRE RISK, SURELY!!

Al.

Check your diffs for oil.

I bought 1 diff premade, it was low on oil,  Have filled mine 30k front and 50k rear.

standard is 10k front 30k rear

also topped up the pair of front shocks, mine were a little low

And check the slipper for tightness

Edited by ukfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

I'm getting the impression that when you get your X-Maxx the first thing to do will be rip out all the electrics, upgrade all the fasteners and then you'll have decent roller. Then it'll be a matter of whar motor ESC combo to fit.

John

So Traxxas are playing the game as that applies to most rtr vehicles from all manufacturers 

even the five which is considered the best  out of the box rtr needs a pipe and a steering servo so what's the difference? ( I know it not right)

Edited by sean-vrs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noj said:

From this moment onward, the truck shall be known as the X Farce and we shall recount the tale of woe and misery to our children, who will pass it on to their children ad infinitum.

We are all fickle, my Xmaxx fund is now a octane v2 fund ( subject to reviews!) ?

• Like 1

Just now, sean-vrs said:

We are all fickle, my Xmaxx fund is now a octane v2 fund ( subject to reviews!) ?

Until the next "new" rig comes out! :popc1:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

So Traxxas are playing the game as that applies to most rtr vehicles from all manufacturers 

even the five which is considered the best  out of the box rtr needs a pipe and a steering servo so what's the difference? ( I know it not right)

The 5ive dosent "Need" a pipe and steering servo out the box to make it run though. Only to make it better :P

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

The 5ive dosent "Need" a pipe and steering servo out the box to make it run though. Only to make it better :P

WRONG! To make it run "better", it simply requires a BL conversion. :P

• Like 2

Just now, Rover Man said:

We all know brushless conversions are for people who cant tune proper engines :P

No, BL is for the mass market, smokers are for the hard of hearing! ;)

• Like 2