• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

Not heard abt a 1/5 savage next from Hpi from my insider he works for them , but the xl flux is for sure , I was told the standard savage flux has been discontinued due to production problems and the xl is the replacement 6s capable like the traxxas out of the box can't wait !

I saw at least one image and it's pretty massive. At least in the same range as this xmaxx, which people are saying is 5th scale. 

• Like 1

Is the 5ive brushless? IVe not saw it?

No, but you can make one. Doesn't change the other comparisons though. If you make a brushless 5ive and put a 1600kv motor in with a mod 1 pinion, it would be mildly disappointing before it either broke or burst into flames. 

Yes you can get an off the shelf Brushless Losi 5ive..................

https://www.mgm-controllers.com/cars/losi-5ive-t/losi-5ive-t-ready-to-run-mgm-edition.html

But by god there expensive :o:o

• Like 1

Integrated servo ? Steering servo built into the chassis ? Mmmm that makes me a little dubious, I like traxxas stuff but I prefer the savage.

I've been wanting a new large brushless truck/buggy now for sometime, I bought the yeti xl as soon as hit our shores but I was hugely disappointed with it, so this or the new flux xl may make its way into my fleet, savage flux xl gets my vote for now, having had both a emaxx and a savy flux at the same time the savage will be tougher and way faster out the box, think I'll wait for that new savy before I decide :) 

It's difficult trying to justify the cost to the missus I know ....

Savage, proven maybe, but is OLD ...

This is NEW ... that's the point!!

Once there are a few on the street, and that Dutch guy's given one a good thrashing, we'll all know how good / bad it is.

(Sorry, too lazy to Search and have forgotten the name.)

Al.

looks like first job will be to switch there new iD connectors to the old traxxas connectors so I can use my old 3s 8400 packs from my slash.

unless I can get iD connectors to fit my existing batteries or adapter cables.

Stuff it Im getting one..... But gonna run on 4S for now, and hope someone buys me some 3S batteries for my Birthday in January haha.

Need to ask the mrs if she has actually paid for my Ruckus yet.

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

so why are people even mentioning it in this thread?

The 5ive was mentioned because it's not much more in terms of initial cost and is a proven platform. Then someone pointed out that even the 5ive needs a couple of hundred extra to make it faster and more reliable (pipe and servo and kill-switch etc). 

You asked if a leccy version was available, yes they are, but not directly from Losi, MGM do them pre-converted, but at a premium, about three grand roughly. 

So based on that cost, this could be a much better option, but only if Traxxas have got it right. That can go one of two ways; they've got it right for us and it's a brilliant basher, or they've got it right for themselves and it's a brilliant basher, but it's proprietary drivetrain is weak and you're forever buying Traxxas only spares. Well, it is a Maxx after all! ;)

I'm having serious problems not liking this truck!!

Drivetrain looks 'just right' if you don't 'bling it', so if somewhere down the line I got one, it would have to stay stock ... or I'd have to spend a small fortune on it making it 'bulletproof' because of the extra weight and power I applied to it .... 

Don't you love our Hobby? !!

Al.

The 5ive was mentioned because it's not much more in terms of initial cost and is a proven platform. Then someone pointed out that even the 5ive needs a couple of hundred extra to make it faster and more reliable (pipe and servo and kill-switch etc). 

You asked if a leccy version was available, yes they are, but not directly from Losi, MGM do them pre-converted, but at a premium, about three grand roughly. 

So based on that cost, this could be a much better option, but only if Traxxas have got it right. That can go one of two ways; they've got it right for us and it's a brilliant basher, or they've got it right for themselves and it's a brilliant basher, but it's proprietary drivetrain is weak and you're forever buying Traxxas only spares. Well, it is a Maxx after all! ;)

so people are comparing the I/C version to the Electric versions of the Xmaxx? In terms of initial cost, cause Im an idiot at money but even I know £3k is alot more than £649......

if i order today from MSUK using a Debit card, will they take money today, or when they get it in stock?

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__34880__Turnigy_nano_tech_6400mah_3S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_Stampede_Rustler_Bandit_compatible_UK_Warehouse_.html

4 of them and Ill be set..... I think?

Edited by Guns

so people are comparing the I/C version to the Electric versions of the Xmaxx? In terms of initial cost, cause Im an idiot at money but even I know £3k is alot more than £649......

if i order today from MSUK using a Debit card, will they take money today, or when they get it in stock?

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__34880__Turnigy_nano_tech_6400mah_3S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_Stampede_Rustler_Bandit_compatible_UK_Warehouse_.html

There is no IC version of the X-Maxx, it's all new and leccy only. The 5ive was mentioned because of the price point on this new Traxxas. The 5ive needs bits from the off, this new Traxxas will be RTR from the box, excluding batteries and charger. I reckon that makes the Traxxas the better option in terms of coin, but only if it can take a beating like the Losi 5ive can. 

However, in terms of the cars themselves, you can't really do a comparison as one is a true 1/5 gasser, the other a 1/6ish MT. Chalk and cheese, if you get my point? 

That would only apply to noobs, but a fair point. If they did include batteries and charger, it'd tip the scales at 900 notes, then it's way too expensive. 

Im quite sure Traxxas could add 2 lipo's and there starter level charger for very little cost.

And the "Noobs" as you put it are the future of the hobby .

Just think of the new customer who buys this RTR model to find out he cant run it. I know its in the small print at the bottom of the sales add

but who in the real world reads all that

• Like 1

Why not fill the battery boxes, every mAh counts

Turnigy 8400 @ £43 each

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=34884

Zippy 8400 @ £28 each

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__44454__ZIPPY_Traxxas_compatible_8400mAh_3S1P_30C_Lipo_Pack_Suits_TRA2878_UK_Warehouse_.html

There is no IC version of the X-Maxx, it's all new and leccy only. The 5ive was mentioned because of the price point on this new Traxxas. The 5ive needs bits from the off, this new Traxxas will be RTR from the box, excluding batteries and charger. I reckon that makes the Traxxas the better option in terms of coin, but only if it can take a beating like the Losi 5ive can. 

However, in terms of the cars themselves, you can't really do a comparison as one is a true 1/5 gasser, the other a 1/6ish MT. Chalk and cheese, if you get my point? 

Thats my point. Why has the IC losi even mentioned in a thread about an ELECTRIC truck lol?