• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

We have 1 of those for my boys for Xmas!... In laws work in China and brought it over. They know they can't use it but still wanted it! Lol. 

£100... Instead of £250+? Here.... Though

Lots of chat about shock upgrades and different wheels and tyres and different versions of the X-maxx? Is this nonsense why would they release cars with different parts so close to release date?

I wonder what version is getting packed in the UK container? I wish they would hurry up!

If the container has been at sea for a few weeks, they might all have the flawed components. However, I read on another forum that the weaknesses were only on the original 80 trucks, these were only sold to Traxxas employees or hobby shop workers (apparently), and that the trucks for general release had all had the rims and shocks sorted. 

Just passing on what I've read. 

Edited by Tug

Am no where near in a position to buy one, and am slightly jealous of the people who are, but i for one hope that it does sell well, and other manufacturers learn from this, when it comes to us as consumers, having innovation in the market place can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

I reckon the 'X' is as much 'niche' as RC is niche - as in 'EVERYONE' (teenager and above and/or bloke with a Man Cave) who see's it wants one - non RCers as well!

Perhaps 1 in 20 can afford one above other normal living costs 'budgeted'.

Of these perhaps 1 in 10 will go for one ... I reckon that's HUGE!!

Everything I've seen looks fantastic - it's moved the bar from previous expectations of MT's, like the Savage then LST did cf the original Maxxes.

I've joked about it several times within this thread, but apart from serious major surgery - and re-investment - I reckon there's no way we'll see a 'gasser' variant - needs a completely different chassis - bit of a shame.

If they could sort of link up again with Monster Jam this could be even more interesting - those back-flips were so similar to 'the real thing', against the wall.

To those who've ordered - I hope you REALLY enjoy it - jealous - MOI? - TOO RIGHT!!

To those thinking, can afford it, want it, not yet pushed the button - what are you waiting for?

YUP, I LIKE IT!!

Al.

• Like 1

Forget the gasser version, this is Traxxas, it's not part of their core business. They aim towards noobs, offering them an easy "plug and play" experience. Sure, they still sell nitro machines, but they stopped doing kits some years ago, RTRs only now. 

Traxxas have designed this to try and make largescale electric a more viable option, both in terms of purchase price and runtime. At approximately 750 notes and 40 minutes from 8400mah, I'd say they've done well, very well. 

I'll leave it at that and not get on my soap box about the proprietary servo and motor mounting or the sintered steel. 

52 minutes ago, Tug said:

If the container has been at see for a few weeks, they might all have the flawed components. However, I read on another forum that the weaknesses were only on the original 80 trucks, these were only sold to Traxxas employees or hobby shop workers (apparently), and that the trucks for general release had all had the rims and shocks sorted. 

Just passing on what I've read. 

Sea! Got you

About theses so called 80 trucks.   if it was true then the next batch of upgraded ones would still be untested.  Also new molds would of had to be made.   this truck is walking a fine line  as making it stronger is easy  but doing it while keeping the weight down is going to be hard to do.   because at some point if to much weight is added it will need a bigger combo.

Perhaps the container is here, and some erstwhile Traxxas employee is busy fitting the 'new' parts to the shipment, hence the delay?

Hasn't there been talk of castle releasing an X specific combo? 

80 monster trucks is quite a lot considering only about 4 people seems to have posted videos in the past 4 weeks?

80 trucks with defective wheels and shocks ? I am sceptical and think it's all talk myself although I could be wrong as I am no expert when it comes to launching a new RC car.

5 hours ago, khevolution said:

Am no where near in a position to buy one, and am slightly jealous of the people who are, but i for one hope that it does sell well, and other manufacturers learn from this, when it comes to us as consumers, having innovation in the market place can only be a good thing.

Khev ...

Want one?

From about 6 months from now, check out Dollarhobbyz' site - there'll be X''s split up.

By that time, there'll be knowledge of which are the 'real' hopups you require. Doubtless Traxxbum will have alloy shock caps, wheel hexes.

Doubtless Hot Racing, Proline and perhaps RPM will have come to the party. Gears, mounts; Wheels, tyres, bodies; Arms, various - respectively.

Rumour has it CC are already 'developing something', despite probably having supplied the original power parts!!

From the above, I'd select which I'd get from Traxxbum, which I'd go for from others, and produce what my Dad used to call a 'Bitser' - laughing.

Maybe it lasts 2 years, but end of day - you'll have a stunning truck!!

Al.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Khev ...

Want one?

From about 6 months from now, check out Dollarhobbyz' site - there'll be X''s split up.

By that time, there'll be knowledge of which are the 'real' hopups you require. Doubtless Traxxbum will have alloy shock caps, wheel hexes.

Doubtless Hot Racing, Proline and perhaps RPM will have come to the party. Gears, mounts; Wheels, tyres, bodies; Arms, various - respectively.

Rumour has it CC are already 'developing something', despite probably having supplied the original power parts!!

From the above, I'd select which I'd get from Traxxbum, which I'd go for from others, and produce what my Dad used to call a 'Bitser' - laughing.

Maybe it lasts 2 years, but end of day - you'll have a stunning truck!!

Al.

That is usually how i play the game. good to know where to look first though

7 hours ago, FatWheels said:

Lots of chat about shock upgrades and different wheels and tyres and different versions of the X-maxx? Is this nonsense why would they release cars with different parts so close to release date?

I wonder what version is getting packed in the UK container? I wish they would hurry up!

Again just speculation. The original 80 had fairly thin plastic wheels, there are thicker wheels now, which should ship with the release date ones.