• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lost interest in RC :(

Derka

Hi,

Some of you may be familiar with my username when I purchased the Helion Dominis 10SC v2.

After that saga which I sold on eBay I saved up my hard earned pennies and bought a Blitz Flux new from Model Sport.

All good, loved it. Bought an Overlander charger, camber gauge, shock oil, 2s and 3s LiPo etc etc.

Then the novelty wore off. I live just north of Inverness and in 5 months not met anyone with another RC. The nearest track is over an hour's drive away. I'm lucky that I have a large grassed back garden to run it but it's boring after 25 mins of doing figure eights. There are a few spots I can go on road and forest walk tracks but it's so boring. I've not used the Blitz in over a month now and just have lost interest to charge the batteries.

Do I sell up my rc gear and try again a few years down the line?

Do I sell the Blitz and try crawling or scale crawlers which I may get into as it's more technical and would be a good companion to my real life Disco 2?

How much would a used Blitz Flux bring in?

Sorry to moan, just on a real downer and don't know what to do.

Edited by Derka

I would suggest that not much is going to change in a few years and maybe you should consider racing. An hours drive is not really a big deal to get several hours enjoyment and racers regularly travel much further than that to get to meetings, it can't hurt to try.

Im a bit like you, i stay in the sticks in aberdeenshire. Its easy to lose interest, as i have only met one fellow member. 

There is a track about half an hour away from me, but my job negates trying racing.

I have just looked my gear back out from the garage after 6 months of inactivity, bought spares and upgrades and while its quiet at work, i'll explore RC again.

My next RC will probably be a crawler, so i can build a course somewhere on the farm and not to have to worry about space for the truggy and Monster Trucks.

ANDY

Thanks Andy.

I think a crawler would be better suited to my terrain. Its just whether I get bored of that again.

I work 7 days a week also so like you finding 4 or 5 hours to try racing isn't really possible as I can't make regular meetings due to work.

• Like 1

As others have said try a crawler. I got my firestorm and as much as I love it, it is hardly used. I bought a maverick scout then recently got a scx10. It is really a lot of fun just driving your car through the woods and streams.

The maverick scout is an excellent car with a few low cost/cheap mods.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maverick scout was on my original to buy list but wanted fast so bought the Blitz.

I like the Scout, loads of cheap ish mods, can try different body and even do beginner scale crawling.

I think I'd want an SCX10 though. It would have to be used looking at the prices.

I'm fairly confident scaling/crawling will change your views on the hobby and it will keep you RC'ing..

I first started out about 8 years ago and my first interest was "speed". Looking down the line a few years later the phase became "realism" and i've not looked back since! The scaling side of the hobby never gets boring in my opinion and it's certainly worth a shot :)

• Like 1