• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

thks.:good:..yeah glad i braked earlier then normal along there or i may of been writeing this from a hospital bed:console:........jus tried the bike now and its still stuck:rolleyes:....

its not returned far enuff to drop the revs.......so could b frayed cable....or dodgy/snapped return spring...or sumin jammed in the linkage ......i find out tomorrow

Edited by evssv

Close shave! Happened to me once in a car the throttle got nailed to the carpet on a long nsl road, I was going way too fast as I lifted for the t junction the grommet through the bulkhead came detached jamming the throttle linkage. I clutched in and turned the engine off and used the gears still to slow down and brakes/handbrake the lot. Hitting the kill switch would have stopped the engine screaming but its all about what happens in the moment, at least you pulled the clutch quick and get to tell the tale.

A mate of mine had his thundercat throttle jam after getting it dyno jetted many years back, he ended up overshooting a junction and straight into a hedge the other side narrowly missing the cars that were coming through. Fortunately he was ok. Could have ended up so much worse. A bit of mechanical knowledge and experience can make all the difference.

• Thanks 1

..i jus sorted the bike .....:D...remember what was here

20180204_122051

well it aint there no more:whistling:...because....its now down there

20180204_122119

:doh:.....this

20180119_115605

was sucked in to the rear throttle body meaning it wouldn't shut properly so thats y i had my brown pants moment the other morning:lol:........

20180204_122947

managed to get all this out which looks like most of it:rolleyes:...bike run as normal now

Edited by evssv

3 hours ago, Smoothybb said:

Whoah, there was enough suction to take into the tb? Glad you got out of the situation without harm to anything but your keks.

I know it was a bit of a bodge but I really didn't see that coming!! :@.@:

no..neither did i..:rolleyes:.. .my bike really sucks...:doh:...:lol:.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rover Man said:

???????????  So you had a hole in the airfilter and fixed it by putting a bit of sponge over the hole, And thats what got sucked into the tb ?????

yep...:yes:...seemed a good fix at the time...:yes:....lasted 1-2 wks.....:yes:.....obv wont b doing that again ........:lol:

I once talked to a biker who claimed that he found a dead bird in his airbox. Some idiot told him that removing the outer grilles from the air intake tubes would increase power by 5%.

I don't care if it's a true story or if he just liked telling tall tales, all I will say is that there's one born every minute :lol:

14 minutes ago, MissT said:

I once talked to a biker who claimed that he found a dead bird in his airbox. Some idiot told him that removing the outer grilles from the air intake tubes would increase power by 5%.

I don't care if it's a true story or if he just liked telling tall tales, all I will say is that there's one born every minute :lol:

yes,,,,sure is.....:doh:.......:lol:

21 hours ago, supersavage said:

Anybody else watch these guys? It's like old top gear but with bikes and a fat Jason stathem lol. Their budget bike battle is quite interesting. 

Yes been watching them a few years now & BaronVonGrumble aswell , he's got his own channel..i actually met him 2014 i think it was, while i was on holiday, at poole quay bike meet dorset one of the biggest bike meets in the country, nice chap had a chat with him ,i went over to look at his ktm superduke then realised it was him. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't owned a bike for over 5 years now, thought this summer I had to get something with 2 wheels instead of new rc's every month. So found this little tdr 125, just been imported from France it's the ypvs 2 stroke so it's surprisingly nippy for a little 125. 1a087db5ae1f04eeedd0e525526afca8.jpg8a44aebd7dda310a3a6095d27416d590.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Passed my Mod 1 today... Getting ever closer to having another 'proper' biker on the forum :D 

Congratulations! I found the Mod 1 so much more stressful, the Mod 2 was just a nice ride out in the country. Best of luck with it.

33 minutes ago, SurreyMatt said:

Congratulations! I found the Mod 1 so much more stressful, the Mod 2 was just a nice ride out in the country. Best of luck with it.

Yeah I should be fine with road riding, if the Mod 1 is more stressful than the Mod 2 then I should ace it lol.

Quite looking forward to it actually, the CB600F's they use are really nice to ride, so as you say, it should just be a nice ride out.

Trying to get in touch with the riding school today about a lesson and to ask if anyones cancelled lol, chomping at the bit now!

Oil change done yesterday, after 2500 miles since the last one.

Decided that was all the excuse I needed to go for a ride and enjoy the sun on my back for a few hours.

A good head clearing ride and I've hit a milestone too.

Still awaiting my Mod 2 test date, but I did have a Mod 2 lesson a couple of days ago and the instructor said it'd be a waste of time me having more lessons, just go for the test as soon as I can get a date, which is nice to hear.

On a side note, I've fallen in love with a GSX-R600 K4, so I think, if possible, that'll be the first thing I test ride and if I like it, I'll be parting with some folded money!

42276213462_67b2132df3_b.jpg

27454205507_538b5d944e_b.jpg

42276213362_fb62960cd1_b.jpg

27454205417_d31d636075_b.jpg

42276213202_c8f8de4fbd_b.jpg

27454205277_83e4a66126_b.jpg

20180524_120756

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Thanks 1

I had a GSX-R600 as my first bike when I passed my test in 2011.  It was brand new as well, L0 I think the model was.  Just a rev happy warp machine, too cramped and hunched for me and also pretty crap down low in the rev range so I sold it.  The 750 I also had a go on and it's a different animal, faster and sharper but just more of the same really.  I then got a 2005 VFR800 Vtec, much much better.  Easier to ride, good low down torque and comfortable, still plenty fast and would recommend that over gixxer all day long.  I kept that for over 5 years and sold it 2 weeks ago.  I also did a European tour on the VFR and was epic.  Oh and the insurance was £89 fully comp lol. @Oh How Original

Edited by HYPER-BOY