• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, James RC said:

Nice video mate :) Those triples really do sound lovely. Is that just the standard exhaust or do you have a nice pair of cans on there?

That's a Delkevic, but it broke the other day annoyingly, so I don't trust it anymore and I am back on the stock box, until I make other arrangements, just trying to resist spending at the moment, because work closes over Christmas so I get no wages for two months.

Ultimately I'd love the full Akrapovic though.

sadly my bike days are well over, gave up riding when i became a single parent, figured my daughter wanted dad to come home, this was my last bike.........bit of an old dinosaur GS1000HC bored to 1100, yoshi cams, flat slide carbs, harris full race pipe Ali box section on monoshock set up, a pretty quick streetfighter, used to love the big aircooled 8v fours so much top end grunt

Suzuki GS 1000.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Darren Frosty said:

No pics but I've got a 2003 Fireblade in the garage, didn't see much action last year though for obvious reasons. It's the same as this one. Love the colour.

a2d8f84ed09602eebe82109887492400.jpg

One of my first memories of fast bikes was on the back of my Dad on an older 'blade, doing silly speeds along a dual carriageway, very fun times indeed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darren Frosty said:

No pics but I've got a 2003 Fireblade in the garage, didn't see much action last year though for obvious reasons. It's the same as this one. Love the colour.

Very nice mate 👍 I really like the 2002/2003 model, I think it could be the best looking Blade that Honda have ever made.

About a year ago I got this (see below), a 2003 Honda Hornet 900, which actually has the engine from the previous Blade (pretty sure it's either 1998 or 1999)

1965716482_hondahornet900(2).png.c86e882196683f0a71ba31f5f7a6ce23.png

They are bulletproof engines. Mine has just under 42k on the clock now, and she just went in for her second valve check (first was done at 20k).

All 16 were spot on. No adjustments needed. And it's not like this bike doesn't get a good thrashing either! They're just built to last. A proper Honda.

Do you do many miles on your Blade?

Edited by James RC

I think I am going to give this year a miss as far as biking goes, it's part of the reason I sold the Triumph.

Need the cam chain and carbs checking on my Fazer, she's running lumpy and rough, with a light knocking when cold.

Next bike is a BMW S1000r... Assuming I like riding one when I test one.

But probably not until March/April 2022.

20k on mine, we did the valves at er 15k I think  all were perfect. I've had it for 12 or 13 years, can't see me ever wanting to upgrade it. It has got that paranoia inducing 954 slight rattle from a cold start but then they all have.

Annoyingly when I bought I I was toying with the 954 or an SP1 and chose the blade because it would just be easier to live with. Have you seen the price of an SP1 now? 

OHO, the BMW is a rocket, a mate test rode one, opened it up went through the gears like you do, looked down at the clocks, 190mph.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2021 at 08:14, Darren Frosty said:

20k on mine, we did the valves at er 15k I think  all were perfect. I've had it for 12 or 13 years, can't see me ever wanting to upgrade it. It has got that paranoia inducing 954 slight rattle from a cold start but then they all have.

Annoyingly when I bought I I was toying with the 954 or an SP1 and chose the blade because it would just be easier to live with. Have you seen the price of an SP1 now? 

OHO, the BMW is a rocket, a mate test rode one, opened it up went through the gears like you do, looked down at the clocks, 190mph.

I've done the same sort of thing on the Triumph to be honest, but not that fast as it simply didn't go that fast.

Wasn't aware the BMW was actually even that fast though.

I'd love an SP2 myself, but yeah, prices have shot up, since there's not that many options anymore for a really solid big cc twin.

Them things can wheelie without even trying!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2020 at 21:35, Jack Reacher said:

sadly my bike days are well over, gave up riding when i became a single parent, figured my daughter wanted dad to come home, this was my last bike.........bit of an old dinosaur GS1000HC bored to 1100, yoshi cams, flat slide carbs, harris full race pipe Ali box section on monoshock set up, a pretty quick streetfighter, used to love the big aircooled 8v fours so much top end grunt

Suzuki GS 1000.jpg

Very nice, love all the old big air cooled fours.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to see if my little CBR was going to start after being sat for a while. Battery all nicely charged so put in the bike aaand no noises coming from the fuel pump ☹️ Had a look around on the internets and it could be a few things, either a filter is blocked somewhere (probably most likely as it's been sitting a while), a dodgy relay or maybe the actual pump has given up though I think that's unlikely. Luckily they're not that expensive if it has given up.