• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

• 4 weeks later...

Well the old girl got some loving over the last few days.

Finally put on my big boy pants and took the full exhaust system off.

Thankfully, a previous owner had the sense to put some acorn nuts on, so the threads were in really good condition.

So the exhaust got a full clean and polish, the wheels got a full clean, brakes serviced, engine has been cleaned and touched up paint wise, fresh oil and filter, centre stand also repainted.

Not too shabby looking for a 20 year old work commuter.

Currently on the lookout for another bike for summer fun, top picks right now are MT09 and Z1000.

dXeO6Nk.jpg

gTOI0nV.jpg

yVqoCCV.jpg

Before

Iys3uzB.jpg

After

ihvATy3.jpg

Before

FjFYBfH.jpg

After

tTTJPbJ.jpg

q4c9yhB.jpg

(these are pre centre stand respray)

4eIjd3j.jpg

WprqAGr.jpg

2cIIIbs.jpg

L0gubSl.jpg

• Like 3

Went out on mine yesterday for a little ride. I've found an interesting app called calimoto which looks fun just a shame I don't have a phone mount :( Really need to try and find one as I might be able to get out on it more if I have an idea of where I'm going. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supersavage said:

Went out on mine yesterday for a little ride. I've found an interesting app called calimoto which looks fun just a shame I don't have a phone mount :( Really need to try and find one as I might be able to get out on it more if I have an idea of where I'm going. 

I guess that's like a GPS for biking roads?

Ram mount dude, Amazon Prime, here by tomorrow, get yourself out :D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I guess that's like a GPS for biking roads?

Ram mount dude, Amazon Prime, here by tomorrow, get yourself out :D

Yep you can choose if you want twisty or really twisty as well as other things. I did get myself a quad lock setup a while ago but it wouldn't fit onto my bars so I sent it back. 

2 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Yep you can choose if you want twisty or really twisty as well as other things. I did get myself a quad lock setup a while ago but it wouldn't fit onto my bars so I sent it back. 

Just get a sticky pad or something lol.

I am going to download that app now!

• Like 1

Well, to some it maybe nothing, a simple 15 minute job, to me, it was my first time solo tackling any kind of work on my bike other than cleaning.

Replacing the very rotten (broken in three places in fact) oil feed line, with rounded off bolts, threadlock (no idea why?!) and years of built up gunk and dodgy paint.

Yesterday after failing to get a bolt loose I was ready to send the bike to the shop and just let them do it, but tonight after coming back on the TDM, I felt refreshed and ready to tackle it, it wasn't going to beat me, I eventually did manage to do it and as I say, to some it might be a tiny little job, but to me, the amount of job satisfaction I have gained from doing a completely solo task on my baby Fazer is incredible.

So, with all the negative stuff going on at the moment, I thought I would make a little post about my extremely positive outcome.

Pipes are still to throw back on tomorrow and first start up test, but based on the oil line been so rotten and basically falling apart as soon as I touched it, I am 99.9% sure this is where the oil leak came from.

4mmoUDd.jpg

4mmoUDd.jpg

mi8flPE.jpg

RRHaAnR.jpg

T6k2JPR.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really loving the Triumph.

She got a proper wash today thanks to my neighbour letting me use her hosepipe and head.

Went for a spin and grabbed a few pictures, then got home cleaned all the flies off and gave her a polish.

Also tried out the new leather jacket my better half bought me towards my birthday, very good day overall.

giQWb2V.jpg

SOfCopc.jpg

2oDiduD.jpg

Qw9jjEi.jpg

oY5CLBo.jpg

PackOfg.jpg

bwkkyRl.jpg

lcNpYJD.jpg

OrL2N1X.jpg

Za3ndIe.jpg

CFBdpsH.jpg

Mm8HkYi.jpg

rx7XtR0.jpg

I've also designed a new logo I was thinking about getting some stickers of, maybe a t-shirt or two and hat, what do we think of it?

Lots of different colours for use on different paint work.

cGQK9CW.png

QmyJD1c.png

QKXZzDe.png

• Like 3