• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wraith Poison Spyder clicking noise

Breitling.1884

Thanks for replying and yes i know it should be in crawlers, it just im used to posting in the scale forum. Ha. It sounds like the gear box so my first port of call will be the gear mesh, maybe the motor has moved a touch. Just wanted to know if it was normal before i get the tools out, first Wraith i had you see. Cheers.

Thanks for replying and yes i know it should be in crawlers, it just im used to posting in the scale forum. Ha. It sounds like the gear box so my first port of call will be the gear mesh, maybe the motor has moved a touch. Just wanted to know if it was normal before i get the tools out, first Wraith i had you see. Cheers.

My scx10 never made a noise like that from factory but just do maintenance checks like gear mesh and see if it solves it, if not that it may sound silly but check bearings in the axles. Ive seized one or two before and my scx started sounding like a diesel truck when i hit the throttle lol

An SCX10 I bought recently had a clicking noise from the gearbox area, turns out a motor bearing was shot and caused the shaft to spin out of true! Could be worth checking although shouldn't be a problem on a new model.

Yeah i wouldnt have expected any problems straight out of the box but hey such is life, i will be checking my gear mesh tonight when i get home and can spend a bit of time on it, i have an SCX10, been through water, mud, sand and my nans washing basket but the only noise thats made was squealy universals and i just put a bit of grease on them, squeal sorted. Thanks for all replies, i will let you know.

Ah well, got the tools out last night and the spur gear had worn, obviously because the mesh was not set correctly in the first place, i contacted the shop "RADSHAPE RC" near Birmingham and they informed me i would need a new spur gear, i think i gather that i explained and asked if they would send me one due it being down to bad construction and it only been used once, they refused and said i would have to buy one, i said ok but not from them. RADSHAPE RC stink.

Ah well, got the tools out last night and the spur gear had worn, obviously because the mesh was not set correctly in the first place, i contacted the shop "RADSHAPE RC" near Birmingham and they informed me i would need a new spur gear, i think i gather that i explained and asked if they would send me one due it being down to bad construction and it only been used once, they refused and said i would have to buy one, i said ok but not from them. RADSHAPE RC stink.

Ive never used radshape, its either asiatees,modelsport,wheelspin or lhs

I live 1 mile from Radshape and although I bought some paint from them recently I'll not be using them again. Twice recently, thinking I'd like to help support a local business, I asked them to pricematch what's generally the going rate, on firstly a Yeti rtr or kit, and then just this week, on a massively overpriced speky dx4. They wouldn't budge on their over priced mark up! The way they did it didn't impress me either!

Despite my instinct to support my lhs I cannot afford to pay over the going rate, so they've lost around

Edited by J.A.Son