• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Scout driveshaft fitting

hms

I've managed to pop the rear driveshaft from the yoke. Could somebody please advise how to get it back together? I can't find any guide online and the only way I can see to sort it is to bend the plastic so the cross pin fits back in the housing.

Thanks for any help... My little lad is gutted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't even figure why it popped. Was driving on short grass with just a small brick by our tent (we are on a camping holiday) as an obstacle.

There's a slight scratch on the outer of the housing but no stress marks or cracks.

Edited by hms

Torque has forced the plastic lugs to expand and hence the cross pin pops out,

this is more better than what used to happen to traxxas sliders , those would twist up 

on the plastic shafts itself and ruin a lotta the drive line. 

simple way is tease apart the lugs and slip the cross pin back into place.

Fixed it using brute force and ignorance. Have a feeling it'll be more prone to popping out now though.

The scout is prone to this and as sugested above fitting a restraining device, ie shrink wrap or a cable tie over the pin works to stop those lugs spreading under tork twist!

Is there a hop-up driveshaft I could buy that is not susceptible to this? Sorry for the bone questions. Thanks.

Have a look at the junFac site you'll need the measurements for the prop shafts but they do make one that fits the scout.

http://www.junfac.com/shop/?main_page=index&cPath=27

If I can find my old drive shafts I'll have a measure up for you!

• Like 1

Sorry chap looked through all my old spares can't find the props, however if you measure them off the scout you need the compressed size and max telescopic extension size then have a look at junfac and you should find the correct one!

Is there a hop-up driveshaft I could buy that is not susceptible to this? Sorry for the bone questions. Thanks.

any of the ones that will fit axial scx10/ax10/wraith/deadbolt will work on the scout you can get them from asiatees or even ebay if you want them quicker