• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

38 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I thought I'd do further research into the gamo maxim so I looked it up on the airgunforum, well let's just say they don't like it on there! I kinda get the feeling that on there if it's not a R10 or an AA410 or a Daystate then it's getting flak!

maybe it's just me but it certainly put a spanner in the works for the Gamo.

The Weihrauch HW99 seems to get a fair bit of praise especially after its been sent somewhere to be fettled. https://www.solware.co.uk/weihrauch-hw99s-breakbarrel-full-power-air-rifle

• Thanks 1

I don't have any pictures but this was my most recent purchase the other week... 

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/beretta-692-sport-12g

So far I've only used it twice but hoping to go a lot more. I only went out to get a B525 and ended with this lol. I might still get one as my game gun as my current is a sporter and I wouldn't really want to take it out into the field. 

Edited by Alex97

Vanguard U-Yoke shooting rest arrived. Well yesterday actually. :whistling:

Fits on top of my Manfrotto 475 geared tripod. Way over the top weight capacity wise but as I’ve already got the tripod why not. The geared column will be really usefull for getting the rest at just the right level. Ideal for pistols as well as rifles.

John

2_B81_B49_E-_B9_E0-4_C40-_A869-8109_DC9_

1498872_B-_DC23-4401-_AA1_B-963_D9_AF990

Edited by johninderby

I wouldn’t want to buy it unless I heard it being fired. If it’s less than a year old it should be fine as they are very well made but you never know. Dry firing it just once can cause a lot of damage. Shake it and it shouldn’t rattle as the spring mechanism should be pretty quiet. 

Either take it it somewhere where it can be fired or fire it indoors if he has a suitable indoor backstop which isn’t hard to make.

John

• Thanks 1

HW45 vs HW75

Yes the HW75 is less powerful than the HW45 but has the advantage of being a single stroke pneumatic pistol with no recoil and is more accurate. Not that much more expensive than the HW45 Black Star and powerful enough for back garden use.

Hmmmm. 

John

56_F02_BBD-9_CE8-489_D-8_F61-_AD5_E67_CD

Edited by johninderby

12 hours ago, johninderby said:

I wouldn’t want to buy it unless I heard it being fired. If it’s less than a year old it should be fine as they are very well made but you never know. Dry firing it just once can cause a lot of damage. Shake it and it shouldn’t rattle as the spring mechanism should be pretty quiet. 

Either take it it somewhere where it can be fired or fire it indoors if he has a suitable indoor backstop which isn’t hard to make.

John

Rattles...9min 30sec

10 hours ago, johninderby said:

HW45 vs HW75

Yes the HW75 is less powerful than the HW45 but has the advantage of being a single stroke pneumatic pistol with no recoil and is more accurate. Not that much more expensive than the HW45 Black Star and powerful enough for back garden use.

Hmmmm. 

John

56_F02_BBD-9_CE8-489_D-8_F61-_AD5_E67_CD

The Black Star is dual power and a TbT tuning kit helps to tame the recoil of the 45 

IMG_0758.jpg

Ive also got a upgrade piston seal on the way from Australia

https://www.customairseals.com/product/weihrauch-hw-25-45-piston-seal/

When its arrived the Black Star will be stripped down and have the upgrade parts fitted and the internals deburred and polished :)