• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

1 hour ago, Ross9999992 said:

I've never done any of this air rifle stuff (wouldn't mind doing some target shooting and that) but I've done plenty of airsoft. It's quite surprising how accurate some setups can be even with little .2g bbs :) 

Congrats on the new rifle though, is that black thingy on the front end a gas chamber or something? (No not on the end of the barrel I'm not that silly :D ).

Thanks. It's a buddy bottle/air bottle, think of it like a tiny divers bottle. 

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

t's a buddy bottle/air bottle

Ahh right so I suppose you charge that with a compressor or bike pump or summat? 

24 minutes ago, Ross9999992 said:

Ahh right so I suppose you charge that with a compressor or bike pump or summat? 

Not quite. It need to be Dry compressed air so we use divers bottles filled at any local dive or some gun shops now have the equipment

Haven't seen this thread before...

I bought myself a Air Arms TX200 a few months back to use in the back garden, excellent rifle.

Does anyone gave permission to shoot on local land, been looking locally (South wales) but not sure where to start?

2 minutes ago, Voicon said:

Haven't seen this thread before...

I bought myself a Air Arms TX200 a few months back to use in the back garden, excellent rifle.

Does anyone gave permission to shoot on local land, been looking locally (South wales) but not sure where to start?

Good rifle but god there heavy . As for permissions , Start with local farms or small holdings. Give them the Vermin control line. not that you just want to go shooting on there land. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Good rifle but god there heavy . As for permissions , Start with local farms or small holdings. Give them the Vermin control line. not that you just want to go shooting on there land. 

It is heavy but shoots really well, it as a bit of overkill for backyard plinking but I liked the look of it :)

I will have a drive around the local farms and ask, I am in a local club but none of the members have permissions.

Thanks

Edited by Voicon
Wording

1 hour ago, Voicon said:

It is heavy but shoots really well, it as a bit of overkill for backyard plinking but I liked the look of it :)

I will have a drive around the local farms and ask, I am in a local club but none of the members have permissions.

Thanks

It would also be worth getting insurance (BASC or something similar) might increase your chances if you have it. 

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

So I've been eying up a new regulator for my R10, just need to figure out whether I'd be brave enough to fit myself or whether I'd have to find someone to fit it for me. But I'll use it a bit before I decide to buy bits to fiddle with.

Edited by supersavage

I'd like to to send to xtx for one of their tunes but I think they've stopped accepting tuning jobs. I don't know whether Solware would do it as they may have to "bypass" some anti-tamper bits. 

Edited by supersavage

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Thought I'd have a go at oiling the stock. 

Will post up a picture once I've finished. 

What oil are you using?

I'm using Phillips Walnut Oil. Two applications so far and looking good. Bringing out the grain nicely. Could take a few more to get it the way I want it. I'm going for a soft sheen, not the American glossy style. :D

John

IMG_1397.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1