• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

scoobies was a 5b then a 5T, now a 5b again!

Scoobie007

Mates rates ;)

EDIT; Sorry I forgot the............................................................................................................................................................

hahaha.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................its my thread, so my lines bigger, forum rules :tease:

Got some progress made today, apparently the flywheel puller i was waiting on, actually arrived tuesday, my mrs 'forgot' to tell me lol, found it under some paperwork in the kitchen whilst i was tidying up, anyway, cracked on and just finished the install.

20150717_172348.jpg

• Like 1

Just noticed how long that clutch mount looks.

Is their no longer a need for a spacer when using the TR clutch housing?

no, no need for a spacer with the tr clutch housing bud, mounts straight up, part of the reason i went for one of these engines over a g320, i wanted to keep the tr clutch housing, and i believe they dont fit on the g320 / 340

Just noticed how long that clutch mount looks.

Is their no longer a need for a spacer when using the TR clutch housing?

Did you not know that Dan? If you have the tr case an clutch housing you can also run 3 open bearings in the crank as im doing with my reed case. 3x skf c3 bearings an 2...12x22x7 viton seals..;)

I might have to invest in one of those clutch housings, as I have a full TR clutch to compliment it.

Certainly a nice bit of kit, lined up nicely, and compliment the yamadude billet casing, my next purchase will be a tr clutch system.

So, managed to get out with this today, engine fired after 4 or 5 pulls, and a slight adjustment on the low end needle and it had a nice steady idle, happy with that....until i went to do some slow driving to break it in, the clutch has an 8k spring, and acted how it should when bolted into the cy 26cy, now its in this obr, its more like a 15k clutch lol, i initially thought i had naffed something up during re assembly as the engine just revved and the car didnt move, then eventually, after what seemed like almost 3/4 throttle, the clutch engages sharply and the car bolts off, obviously this isnt right, and not ideal for a break in, so i shut it down and brought it back home.

Now as far as i can remember, the clutch went back in exactly how it came out (well so i thought lol), washers in the same order, back in the same way round, i didnt reverse the shoes, clutch was almost new when it came out the 26cc, so didnt see the point in renewing it.

So any suggestions what ive possibly done wrong would be great :-)

Edited by Scoobie007

other than my clutch problems, that are undoubtedly down to me, im happy with the engine, it started easily, which for me, is part of the battle considering i built it up from a long block.  The little testing i did, it hauled the baja along nicely attached to the bzm, i just hope the clutch isnt ruined engaging at such high rpms.

That thing shifts!

I did always say that when my engine ran okay, it was very quick, but it was so unreliable and butchered.

If he took a bit more time and used Zenoah engines instead of King Motor and Rovan (I nnever thought I'd say this) but I dare say he'd turn out some good engines.

Mine was just butchered to hell though!

Glad you like the OBR so far Andy, get that clutch sorted annd get a video up :D

• Like 1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FE7goSeek#

here a vid of my marder from yesterday with the head kit from that helmet Antonio....lol

Ive gotta admit, that does shift, even my refund from antonio went wrong, got an email from paypal saying the refund had failed, in the end paypal gave me the money, so i assume his account is on hold now until he pays them back :-)