• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

11 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I like them lot and prices seem a lot more reasonable than there proline equivalent at the moment ;)

Where red did you get them asiatees ? 

Germany.

http://www.modellbau-metz.com/rc-modellbau/autozubehoer-allgemein/raeder_reifen-und-felgen/komplettraeder/louise-reifen-+-felgen-1_8-mt-cyclone-sport-2-stueck

As soon as I can get some of the new cvd's and outdrives i'll give them a whirl alongside some tranchers, mashers and the stockers.

2 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Germany.

http://www.modellbau-metz.com/rc-modellbau/autozubehoer-allgemein/raeder_reifen-und-felgen/komplettraeder/louise-reifen-+-felgen-1_8-mt-cyclone-sport-2-stueck

As soon as I can get some of the new cvd's and outdrives i'll give them a whirl alongside some tranchers, mashers and the stockers.

Them new cvds are not cheap £42 on eBay or $49 on RC will power although I'm in talks to do a bulk buy so I'm hoping to get them down to $38 a pair shipped ;) 

Just now, mydoddy69 said:

Them new cvds are not cheap £42 on eBay or $49 on RC will power although I'm in talks to do a bulk buy so I'm hoping to get them down to $38 a pair shipped ;) 

I've noticed, factor in the outdrives and it's a £££ upgrade, though somewhat necessary I think.  I wish i'd have upgraded before banana'ing the stockers so I could have at least sold them to part fund.  

The RC fund is pitifully low again following the splurge on the boots.  Can you keep me informed re a bulk buy, I may be interested depending on timing, ta.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Little update on those cvds there due in at CML on 18/10/16 and what with the terrible exchange rate your better off buying this side of the water 

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/results/?q_search=op+0083n

Cheers bud, I was going to hold off as don't see it getting much use in the immediate future but judging by the tanking pound I might as well get them now.

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

These came through the door today from Hobao themselves after a few emails regarding there lack of parts support lately as a good will gesture so I'm well happy :) 

E9B117E5-36EA-4A7E-8202-4DEEAE8C9954_zps

Can't be bad :thumbsup:

New CVD's and cups?

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

Can't be bad :thumbsup:

New CVD's and cups?

Yep I got the new cvds and the outdrive cups to match and these new centre outdrive cups which replace the old thread shaft and cups .. 

Just a shame it's now getting dark early and rather wet so runtime is falling right off now lol .. 

1 hour ago, locky said:

How do they perform / compare to Proline tyres and are the wheels actually beadlocks or screw just for show?

The screws are just for show, and on the 1:10 versions come 'loose' so you can choose to fit them or not, as they add quite a bit of rotating mass.  As for how they run, IDK - still waiting on getting the updated cvd's and cups - cash flow and stock issues.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MAZ said:

Hiya, do you lot reckon the MTe shell will fit the Hyper ST pro?

Saw this one on eBay -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobao-Hyper-MT-Pre-Painted-Body-Shell-/371359423395?hash=item5676bf1ba3:g:2dYAAOSw-vlVh~bx

Just wanted a basher shell but not sure if its too big :/ 

It'll fit with a little work - here's one on my Hong Nor X1CRT-e.  I've the extended chassis but it's only +5mm from memory - that's a good price, notro holes are nothing a little self adhesize CF effect sheet won't cover.  

25549731474_2e98150177_k.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/09/2016 at 22:00, capri-boy said:

Germany.

I like the look of these, but there are 0 and 1/2" offset...  Anybody know if the 1/2" offset is hex further out (so narrower track) or hex further in, so wider track?

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

I like the look of these, but there are 0 and 1/2" offset...  Anybody know if the 1/2" offset is hex further out (so narrower track) or hex further in, so wider track?

Offset means the hex is offset inwards, resulting in a wider track.

On 11/13/2016 at 14:00, capri-boy said:

It'll fit with a little work - here's one on my Hong Nor X1CRT-e.  I've the extended chassis but it's only +5mm from memory - that's a good price, notro holes are nothing a little self adhesize CF effect sheet won't cover.  

25549731474_2e98150177_k.jpg

what wheels are they bud?

19 hours ago, froggy8 said:

what wheels are they bud?

17 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Proline Desperado 1/2 inch offset, 17mm hex with Badlands tyres.

Magic.

As per most proline's though there pizza cutters extraordinaire above 4S.