• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where do U put them ?

Duo

Hi getting a new car soon and it's not going down to well with the missus. Storage is a bit of a issue got my slash under my double bed .....please no puns. And my scorpion in the spare room.

Got a sizeable shed with a lock and garden is secure. But it needs a clear out and some new shelves in when tidy. Only been in house a year and it's the last job on a long list

Is it ok to store electric cars in the shed its watertight but more worried about cold temps and condensation .

i had mine in the front room/kitchen/hall/all3 bedrooms/loft/cupboard under the stairs  and 2 traxxas summits in the bath.  and when i was into RC planes they hung on our bedroom walls. 

• Like 1

If you find a solution please tell me because, they are everywhere.

Three are under the desk next to me. One is under the table opposite, one is on the table and the Revo is sitting next to the table resting on its front wheels and bumper...

Two are in the bedroom, one's in the garage, one's on the kitchen table being built (don't ask how well that's going down...)

The boats are on a chest of drawers and on top of the wardrobe...

Um... it's chaos in here and I'm for it, basically :mf_laughbounce:

the only time i really got nagged was the submarine issues.  i was using the bath to test them  but i never got round to taking them to the local lake. or the time i was testing RC double outboards on the kitchen floor in a baby bath.  lol  within 1 second the bath was empty. :whistling:   or the time i set a ramp up in the front room and was jumping the 1/16th revo out of the window.   also the time i was using the front room as a crawling course for the 1/10th summit.

Edited by turok007
  • Like 3

Pretty much my conservatory for the last 3 months.  I just venture in, decamp one to the lounge to tinker with them return it again 3 days later, half done.

yes luckily the garage is my domain. it is attached/part of the house - and has heating and the sink with hot/cold water. perfect. leave a tool /car on the workbench and in  3 days it is still in exactly the same place...

yes luckily the garage is my domain. it is attached/part of the house - and has heating and the sink with hot/cold water. perfect. leave a tool /car on the workbench and in  3 days it is still in exactly the same place...

Can't be bad.  My conservatory isn't heated, and is getting on a bit, hence from about late Nov to late Feb it's kept closed and the dehumdifier running 24/7 - tbh I'm dreading the weather turning warmer as it will mean a: I'll have to work in there and b: I'll have to keep it tidy for everyone else!

used to be that all my electric cars stayed in my room, and the 2 petrol cars stayed in the shed.

since moving lot alot changed, all my leccy cars are still in my room, 3 of them on a shelf next to me, one on a unit on the other side of me, the baja flux is now sitting on top of a wardrobe.

my 2 petrol cars now have a home in my mum's garage across town so i don't use them as much as i used to.

Add a heater and power to the shed, a small tv and a single bed, move the wife there 

now theres lots of room for all the man gadgets you ever need in rc. 

the downstairs loo becomes the spraybooth, the uno  suite that becomes the clean room with pressure washer installed.

kitchen is a good place for the science lab, ie anodizing -eletro plating and lexan forming. 

the living room, bed in there with tv and interwebz

jobs a goodun

• Like 2

in the down stairs toilet. ..i jus put a new..and my last shelve in there for the savvy flux an me slash. . 20150226_233257_zps2tra1z5m.jpg..there's 10 on left side and 2 on right..plus a few more under the stairs in the cupboard

You've got a Slash in your ....   :whistling:  :thumbsup:

Al.