• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Royal Mail,,

jonny.k

For the past 12 months i've had parcels going missing in transit,, And i've been receiving letters and parcels addressed to other people at different addresses.. It appears that to get a job working for Royal Mail delivering mail,, You don't have to be able to read,, Or write.. I have had to go and post the other peoples mail in their doors for them because the postman is too Illiterate to read the name and address on them before posting them in mine. Just this morning i've received 2 more parcels, Each to a different person at different addresses... But i've never received one of mine back from the other peoples addresses, (Clearly they aren't as honest as me) I've even had Court documents meant for me from my lawyer requiring a signature go missing... What  are Royal Mail playing at, I've even gone to the sorting office anf told them about it and given them some of the parcels because i'm sick of doing their job for them,,, But they were posted back to me... God help us all....

Staff Note to user:

Edited as per the rules.....RM

• No swearing, or 'censored' swearing.

Please read our forum guidelines.
Edited by Rover Man
Censored swearing removed....RM

I see a diff postman every single day on my street and every day is a different nationality :(

Last week I stopped the postman to ask if he had my parcel as I was expecting it and he walked right past my house and when I asked he replied in broken English sorry I not understand WTF!

And after 5 or ten mins I managed to finally get him to understand and when he was looking through the parcels and packages noticed other people's letters and parcels from the bottom end of the street where he had come from HAHAHA so wasn't just me not getting post that day either :(

But yeah I also receive letters for other people and also ones from the next few streets away.

Must be lucky, our previous post lady Michelle was truly awesome and our current chap is equally good. A neighbour works for RM and will bring home any undelivered items for the street (with a quick text) :)

Had some bloke kicking off once because I wouldn't give him his giro as he didn't have any i.d, told him I would be at his block of flats in 5mins, took longer than I thought so he's out on the 3rd floor balcony gobbing off at me to hurry up as he needs his money for his xmas all day drinking session, next thing a telly comes flying down near me and he's laughing saying 'see, you can move when you want too". When I finally got to his flat I popped the letter to the bottom of my bag, gave him the rest of his mail and sent his xmas giro to Ireland with all the mis-sorted mail! Up yours you skank breeder!

• Like 1

To be fair we have 2 postie that alternate during the week, if it's signed for and no one in then it gets delivered to my parents without asking too which is a nice touch.

Both are friendly and if I'm on my way out and see him down the street he usually rummages through his trolley to find something for me if needs be.

My problem with Royal Mail is the bit in between, I seem to have parcels delayed or missing all the time, now I urge a seller to post recorded. That way I know I will get it.....

Not fair to tar them all with the same brush, for some it's a laugh to lose someone's belongings but for the genuine ones it's a wage and they depend on it so a little more care is taken.....

in the summer my postman spends more time down the beach.  and the last one spent more time popping in to houses for a bit of the other.

I think I need to become a postman...

I've got the most happy postman ever, he's always smiling he knows I post things out most days so always asks if I have anything to be posted and takes it with him, if you see him in the street he stops to talk to you.

I even said to him that I was expecting a signed for parcel one day but wasn't in the post (not expecting to hear anything) I got a knock on the door later in the day and he found it back at the sorting office

:36_1_32v[1]: :36_1_32v[1]: Shawn if you read this you are the Best Postman in the UK

Oh and he runs RC's

Edited by Saabmania2
  • Like 1

I'm quite lucky it would seem. When stuff I'm waiting on is too big for the regular postie, the woman delivering it will not leave until I've heard the door and took it off her. If it's smaller stuff but requires a signature, regular postie will sign for it and push it through. Can count on one hand the amount of times I've had to go collect something from the sorting office.