• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Jumpshot MT

Alex97

You do like that combo don't you?

I was thinking a castle sct combo 3800kv, then I can buy something a little quicker for my slash.....

It's inexpensive and waterproof, what's not to like?

• Like 1

I'm thinking 3800Kv Quicrun motor on SC8 WP ESC on 3S

I like it. I reckon it will make a good used buy in a year or so, so I can pick up a used brushed one and upgrade it :) Wouldn't buy a new one with a brushed setup as it would just be too slow

I wish they would make a roller as all the stock electrics will be crap and end up being sold.

Im in the "it looks 90s camp" but thats a valid point about the all new cars getting slammed from the get go. Then again mayb they should think about what we'll think first lol. Line this up with the savi and mini savi ask a newb which is the newest i doubt they'd pick this.

It reminds me of the first savage brushed X losi mini dessert truck. 

They should have up sized the mini xs and given it the upgrades people want with the anodized chassis mid motor 2wd, if it has to be a 2wd.

Im seeing all the companies taking a jump backwards tbh almost like they thought we have it too good and they cant progress so mayaswel jump back and start fresh. 

Axial scrapped castle for hobbywing, so has hpi i think in some rcs. Hpi also took away a fairky decent radio and now include the mini rs4 radio even with a vorza. Tf40 vs tf11.

I heard horizon has done something too. I know losi has taken away mid level dx3 radios and now include a dx2L is it? But vattera include a dx4c with the twin hammers.

It just seems like ther all going backwards to start going forwards again. To me atleast. 

New products are always welcome tho, and i was set to buy the hpi tf-11 for my daughter until i saw the flysky gt2b 3ch for

Edited by RCbutcher

Not so much a step backwards as an eye on the bottom line. Pricing in RC now is more competitive than it has even been in the nearly 30 years I've been involved. Meanwhile spec and quality has massively improved.

When I started you began with a Tamiya Hornet or similar because that was literally all there was. People didn't say 'you need a 1/8th for grass' because 1/8ths cost a fortune. People run the Tamiya and were happy.

Fast forward to today and newcomers can start off with a 1/8 truggy BUT actually their general 'needs' haven't really moved on from the Hornet days. They want something thats quicker than a Nikko, repairable and will impress their mates. It doesn't actually need to be 6S capable, 4wd etc.

What I see is a move to produce more cheap but 'good enough' RC's for new people to start with. It might not impress us older hands but we are a very different market.

• Like 2

Not so much a step backwards as an eye on the bottom line. Pricing in RC now is more competitive than it has even been in the nearly 30 years I've been involved. Meanwhile spec and quality has massively improved.

When I started you began with a Tamiya Hornet or similar because that was literally all there was. People didn't say 'you need a 1/8th for grass' because 1/8ths cost a fortune. People run the Tamiya and were happy.

Fast forward to today and newcomers can start off with a 1/8 truggy BUT actually their general 'needs' haven't really moved on from the Hornet days. They want something thats quicker than a Nikko, repairable and will impress their mates. It doesn't actually need to be 6S capable, 4wd etc.

What I see is a move to produce more cheap but 'good enough' RC's for new people to start with. It might not impress us older hands but we are a very different market.

This sums it up perfectly for me but I will add,

Some of the "base level" rc still offer more fun and smiles than the more expensive ones out there to be honest.....

This sums it up perfectly for me but I will add,

Some of the "base level" rc still offer more fun and smiles than the more expensive ones out there to be honest.....

Quite true. Me lunchbox is mad as a box of frogs, whereas me savage is a buzz to drive. Both are huge fun, just completely different types of fun.

• Like 1

They might well have been made by a 3d printer as they are prototypes. Its not unknown that trade show cars are made that way - but the final product will always be traditional molding as its far cheap for a decent sized run.

I'm not sure what the purpose is because as you say the Firestorm and Blitz are excellent platforms already in this market. My guess it that they should be significantly cheaper than the existing models.

• 6 months later...

Stampede then?

What puts me off is the ancient design!

You'd be better off building from the ground up, using all the necessary upgrades. I know it takes longer, but it's far cheaper than buying NIB, then replacing half of it.

Stampede then?

What puts me off is the ancient design!

Save your money jim mate and put a bit more in and get a proline mt !! by the time you buy all the upgrades your be in and around the same money anyway but have a better truck  :thumbsup:

Save your money jim mate and put a bit more in and get a proline mt !! by the time you buy all the upgrades your be in and around the same money anyway but have a better truck  :thumbsup:

It's not for me mate, it's for my daughter who currently uses my Axial Deadbolt, I said if she keeps up an interest I'll let her choose her own car.

She likes the slash 2wd with OBA so looks like one of them next!