• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Not sure if im sad or have an adiction?

Daveyb84

lol!!..or a left handed screw driver

It was a Whitworth adjustable spanner back when I worked in a HGV garage ... plus the long stand, tartan paint, headlight fluid, etc.  I didn't fall for any of them, so the guys resorted to pouring oil into my hair.  *sigh* I miss those stupid b*stards.

• Like 1

showing your age now fella old whitworth nuts !!

I was just bored, something to do, save them spraying brake cleaner on my arse through a hole in the wall whilst i serviced the cars and they drank T.

lazy bar stewards, id have probably asked for Tartan paint aswell thinking it was a new thing i'd not heard of

im not getting out  im just trying to lower the dose.  lol

go on, just a little bit more...

got a nice hyper st pro I could part with for the right money...

a hobbywing 150a esc... 

an ST-1 and rcmonster mount.. .a lovely ex-racer ebuggy..

go on... just one more...

:)

go on, just a little bit more...

got a nice hyper st pro I could part with for the right money...

a hobbywing 150a esc... 

an ST-1 and rcmonster mount.. .a lovely ex-racer ebuggy..

go on... just one more...

:)

lol  im trying to cut back even more as i cannot put full effort into to many cars 

lol  im trying to cut back even more as i cannot put full effort into to many cars 

no. you are going to have to explain that.

don't understand.

this shiny new thing is *another* car.

i'm addicted too, bought by first one three years ago, and up til this week i still had five of em.

I don't like selling them, i sold my Firestorm (i still regret selling that thing!) and instantly bought a 22 buggy to replace it, i just sold my ST yesterday and within four hours i'd bought a mint condition nitro Hyper 7 to replace it.

My original Hyper 7 is still in a box, in bits, will i sell that? Never, not even part of it! It's such a fun car that i plan on rebuilding it either overpowered nitro, or brushless power, or end up having one of each.

At current, my wish list stands at the following...

High end 1/8 nitro race buggy (SWorkz S350 evo)

Summit

Yeti XL

New 1/5 scale to replace my Baja

Proline Pro-ST if they release it as it's own kit

Another Scx10

Ive got 3, 5th scales in a 1 bedroom flat, lol! And if my 002b turns up some how?, that would be nice :) but its probably dumped somewhere and its going to be in a right state if found,

but yes I feel as though iv got an addiction with them but its a good addiction if I must say so myself.

At the moment I only have three but one of the for sale:

• Schumacher SS GT (race)
  • Axial SCX10 (Hilux trail build)
  • Team Associated B5M (for sale)

I'll be getting a 1/10 electric touring car soon for racing and I'd like some sort of basher/trail car which will either be an Axial Yeti kit or Proline MT kit.

Oh I also have a Hubsan X4 :thumbsup:

Well, I got in to RC about 6-7 years ago? When the savage25 came out. Went mad on it with hop ups etc for a couple of years then left it alone until I bought my youngest lad a ftx carnage brushed for xmas to see if he would get in to it (just wanted him out of the house instead of being on bloody consoles / pads / phone indoors all the time) and since purchasing the ftx mid December I bought a second hand Losi desert truggy for my daughter so she could come out with us and because my savvy hadn't been serviced since a few years back I also bought myself a Mav Blkout MT and am mad for it again lol HELP!

when i first started in the hobby i was constantly buying cars and rollers just because i could, assuming funds allowed for it (i had 14 cars at one point in various states of repair)

9 years on, nothing has changed.

my wishlist currently consists of 23 rc models.

hi all, its so addictive, started about 4 years ago for me with tamyia mad bull, since then I have had all types of rc, then sold em all cos had got to many to cope with, but now back up to full strength again, lol, I have had a bit of spending spree just lately buying three rc since November 2014, and now just got a Durango to race indoors while this weather is crap, I now have to own a 5th scale as this is my ultimate goal at the moment, problem is I don't want to sell what I already got to fund it, I do like the the look of the new losi 5t rtr, can any one lend me a grand to help my addiction, lol. 

My addiction is currently my RCs. Ever since selling my 1:1 car, a huge hole was in my life. So my Tamiya TB-01 came out of storage after many years to fill this gap, then a got a few pennies and decided the younger dream of a T-Maxx was needed, so it happened. Now with 2 RCs I feel I'm in a happy place, they both need tinkering with, and I can modify them as much as I want to. It's not a huge addiction, but it is a very nice hobby, and I can do it in the kitchen where it's dry and warm, lol

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Thing is people might think we are sad, lonely train spotter types but they can say what they like, I might be sad and lonely but I'm no train spotter!!!! I don't own a beige anorak

This hobby doesn't hurt anyone (unless they stand in the way!!) and we are not going out getting drunk spending every evening in the pub, we are not getting off our heads on drugs (we don't need em!!)

And at the end of the day if the worst did happen and you fell into money problems at least you have something to sell and would get a large chunk of your money back too (no I didn't really say sell :whistling: you imagined that bit!!)

• Like 1

Thing is people might think we are sad, lonely train spotter types but they can say what they like, I might be sad and lonely but I'm no train spotter!!!! I don't own a beige anorak

This hobby doesn't hurt anyone (unless they stand in the way!!) and we are not going out getting drunk spending every evening in the pub, we are not getting off our heads on drugs (we don't need em!!)

And at the end of the day if the worst did happen and you fell into money problems at least you have something to sell and would get a large chunk of your money back too (no I didn't really say sell :whistling: you imagined that bit!!)

No. .u got a brown anorak...same as mine...lol!.. Edited by evssv