• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New thunder tiger line up

mydoddy69

TT did do something. 

most 1/10th rubbish is hooked upto A arms. look at vattera and you see a floating axle. 

Now go to ANY unlimited buggy/truck and look at the rear end, its a solid floating axle.

TT done what most companys should have done, fitted the trophy trucks with trailing arm floating solid axles and a center drive tranny.

if thunder tiger sent me on to review, my first lines would be  " AT LAST a fully floating solid axle truck " 

look at your slash, its a dog, look at the slash modded with vaterta arms and a solid axle mod.

it looks like the rear trucks, there aint no A arms on the rear end, but ohhhhh that slash has them.

its not a trophy truck its nothing like it. its just a truggy with a differnet shell and some off road beads fitted.

i hope the 1/10th trophy is cheap and its something I WOULD lay out for and own. i can see huge modding

dual shock system ( damper with springed shock )

a new upper shock plate to allow dual shock mounting, all the weight is mid center so when on the gas that rears gonna sit down

and that front rise up like a puppy handing you a paw.

take away the TT name the jackal tag and that bodywork and you have a basic unlimited class one chassis.

the only other thing is a vattera and we all know how much they cost

• Like 2

LIke the look of the mt4, not sure about the rest. Anyway its just some more Thunder Tigers that we will all struggle to get parts for.

Do what they've done, take parts from other manufacturers?

Baddum tisch!

I'm here all week!

Great news gives me time to get funds together instead of flexing the plastic

The more I look at the AX10 8be the more I'm leaning toward this should have been a associated release ! It's hugley based on the rc8 more than the eb4 and supports there brand of motor (Reedy)

Let's just hope it's a huge improvement on the EXO and the Apache but let's face it, it can't be worse !

I reckon this is not going to be as cheap as other TT products and it will lean more toward the Associated price tag ?

Do what they've done, take parts from other manufacturers?

Baddum tisch!

I'm here all week!

lol!...... Its a shame tho, i always wanted the mt4 but parts availability is what stops me buying one, and it will be the same for these...probably even worse.

Nothing to wet my whistle here......

The axial exo copy looks like it's hit a wall head on (reminds me of a pug dog) and the yeti copy? Why not just buy the real McCoy.

Can't comment on durability as never owned one and this offering isn't going to change that I'm afraid........

Ok. hands up as a fan.

thoughts:

lets take them in order...

the Kaiser...

don't like the body... but they have upgraded the hubs to use the MT4 g3 hubs... aka the hubs that were on the ST-1. which by all accounts are bulletproof. and that means spares for the mt4 g3 and st1 for a while yet... don't like the body though. Diffs will be the same though.

Krock MT4 G5 looks great . It is the ******* love child of an MT4 G3 and a Traxxas Summit... and what is wrong with that?

Let see... hmmmm.... ah yes.. mydoddy69 mt4 g3 wearing a summit shell. pictures have long expired by here is the video:

Twin ali supports? They have listened to the community and added the support so we don't have to. I fail to see how that is a bad thing. They have evolved their product in response to what people want. That is a very good thing. You don't have to go down to wickes and buy some box section aluminium and get busy with the drill.

AX10 is an eight scale buggy wearing a body shell... less exciting. Will it fit other buggies?

Lastly, trophy truck?

Awesome. Body sheel needs a bit more realism... but a good base. Been said the page before. 

Some add ons;

- those tall TT monster truck tyres are awesome... :) and now we know they will continue for a while yet.

I think this is a good product release.

and to all the "what about support" naysayers?   ... get off your backsides, dust off your wallet and buy them. generate the demand and they will supply.

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with creating similar cars to other manufacturers, its not like its an all out clone. If we stuck by those rules we would all be racing Associated buggies released in the 80's, instead of the range of what we have today, we'd be bashing our tamiya clod busters instead of the HPI savages and traxxas summits and all be driving marders instead of our Baja's. All manufactures have to evolve? And that doesn't  always mean creating something new.

I agree. The copying here is nothing like the kind of thing Redcat did with its Exo clone.

I think if there is a 1:1 car that your design is based on then it's fair game.

This is the same design team that did the very scale looking AE Apex Scion FRS - neatly design inside and out, even if it looks like they pulled bits out of an old TC3.

The more i look at this the more i think this should have been a Associated release as it hardly resembles the eb4 at all but does heavily resembles the rc8 

Axio_pp01C.jpg

Axio_pp01D.jpg

Axio_pp02.jpg

Axio_pp04.jpg

Axio_pp05.jpg

Axio_pp06b.jpg

and it even has a nice mount ready for some led's

Axio_pp10.jpg

Think i'll be getting one of these as soon as they become available 

• Like 1

That last pic shows how poorly the shell has been trimmed and fitted, look at the cracks around the mounting hex!!

Ture fella it has been mounted quite bad lets hope the others are better!

Granted this buggy/exo has a selling point on looks and granted it can do with a better mounting job but look at the ease of excess one body pin can't say the same for the Axial exo or the HPI Apache to name a few .. I would much rather have a poorly mounted body and easy excess as the body can be rectified easy enough but you can't do the same on excess .. 

So for me atleast i think there is a plus in the body even though its been mounted by blind monkeys !! 

• 3 months later...

I can't help myself, but I really want a K-Rock! It won't have the trick diffs and two-speed box, but it will be a faster and (probably) stronger basher than the Summit.

Would definitely prefer a kit version.

Might have been an early development body - before the 'auto trimming' or whatever they do - cutting was really rough as well.

Like the look of a 1515 2kV motor 'though!!

Al.

Have to be honest here I have had a change of heart and decided to give Thunder Tiger a miss now not because there trucks are bad but because the lack of part support in the UK .. This says if it improves I shall get the axio !

Yeah, parts support is an issue I know all too well with my one and only Kyosho. However, get the car sorted and you shouldn't need too many bits for it. Just stock up on a few obvious bits like wishbones and hub carriers, then you shouldn't be waiting too long.