• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

T-handle hex drivers - your thoughts?

MAZ

I want some new hex drivers and I really wouldn't mind some T-handle style hex drivers

I've seen a few sets on Amazon but really could do with some advice on them

Draper http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0001K9TBU/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1416050871&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Irwn

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007UYG7I8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1416050871&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Inbus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ESYZ2N4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1416050871&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

What do you guys think?

draper for me, reasonable quality and a good price

I read one of the reviews saying they're good but maybe not great if you need a bit of torque to get a bolt moving :/

Irwin for me, I've got loads of their tools (I'm a plumber) and they are generally really good quality :)

Not having owned any irwin tools before I can't really comment on quality - would you say these would be up to the job of loosening tight bolts on 1/8 1/5 scale rc's?

At the garage the young mechanics used snap on or mac tools, the older ones used draper and kamassa. I used their tools but perferred the snap on stuff. Probably bcos the tool box was ace all air brushed.

I've had that draper set, only kept it for a few weeks before i gave them away to the apprentice (motorcycle mechanic BTW).

There cheap and nasty really, not up to the quality im used to. Irwin is a good brand, better quality than the draper set. Never seen/used Inbus stuff before so cant comment on them.

At the garage the young mechanics used snap on or mac tools, the older ones used draper and kamassa. I used their tools but perferred the snap on stuff. Probably bcos the tool box was ace all air brushed.

Yeah but I don't want to have to sell a kidney to afford some snap-on hex drivers lol

Although.... My brother is mechanic and the snap-on guy comes by his garage quite often - maybe he can get a discount...

So you prefer  snapon tools cause the box is painted nice ?  :whistling:  :whistling: 

Irwin T10771 T Handle Hex Key Set for me I use them for light use only ( so far ), no issues so far not a bad price too.

snap on are great but to dear for my needs.