• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas slash 2wd keeps melting motor wires.

As title slash 2wd has a brushless leopard 9 turn motor with 19 pinion and 84 tooth spur gear. The motor wires including the motor keep getting very hot and melting the wires motor is also fitted with a fan.

The same motor and esc have been used previously on a tb02 drift car with no issues with getting hot.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It'll be the same as the old EZRun 9T ... a 380 motor in a 540 can. Gear it right, and it should be OK (ish) . Ran one in the lads Stampede and it was OK. Did get a bit warm, but the only time I melted wires was when I used an adapter cable on the battery, and the wires on it were a bit too thin. It was only really meant for charging :)

Geared right, it will cope with 2S.

I wouldnt use that motor it fools quite afew people into thinking its a 540 when buying. But really its a mini e-revo type motor.

Ide get a vxl motor but prefer a flux vector 4000kv or hobbywing 4000-4600kv in fact the 4600kv might be better.

Then put 32dp gears on the truck. Is it a brushless ready model with all metal gears?

I run a 10T etronix( same as leopard) in my slash on 2s lipo and have had no issues with heat. Can't remember what my gearing is but could look later if you like! I'm going to step up to full 540 motor this winter as the etronix does a great job but know it could be faster with a 540 in it.

Thanks for the reply's

What gearing should this be running?

I have a Team Associated SC10 2wd with similar problems running a Ezrun 9t motor. I've burnt out 2 of these motors using 87 spur and 21 pinion. The motor gets incredibly hot using 2s lipo what gearing should this have to keep cool and to be able to use it more than 5 mins?