• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Petrol Owners Look Here

Monstrous

I dont get how these multi speed gears work off road.

As when you hit a bump and the rear wheels lift dont they just change up ???

So lets say you've just pulled off in first, hit a bump so it changes up then when you land the revs bog so it changes down to first again. Or am i missing something ????

• 7 months later...

Excellent points above.

I realise it's an old post.

Alloy gear carrier is a good point, I'd definitely add alloy engine mounts, and probably diff mounts.

If either the pinion or spur is steel, you must match the other. If one is steel, the other alloy or plastic, the weaker one will be chewed alive.

Much has been mentioned on LargeScale against the gear cover - if you get stones inside, they generally don't escape as easily and will potentially jam the gears.

Al.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PLEASE.....use the search facility.

Read some of the replies to the posters who already asked that question, and make up your own mind based on what you read.

You will find quite a few locked threads where fights started, lots of opinions based on no hard evidence and a handful of people who actually owned the things all mixed up in them.

• 7 months later...

0hi is anyone online?

Hello mate, there's plenty of people online here - if you're new maybe post a quick hello in the new members section :)

Alternatively if you have a question just make a new topic in the relevant section :)

Hope that helps

Hi mate just been reading about your rebuild, how have you got on? I'm quite good with engines and this is my first km large scale, and my first rc at all lol! There really good for the money don't you think? Plenty maintenance i strip mine every time I come in with it, give it a good clean i notice you said you had sand in there ether it's coming in from the carbs filter or the crank seals are shot, you Deffo don't need a abrasion in there, did you get it to fire up?

Hi mate just been reading about your rebuild, how have you got on? I'm quite good with engines and this is my first km large scale, and my first rc at all lol! There really good for the money don't you think? Plenty maintenance i strip mine every time I come in with it, give it a good clean i notice you said you had sand in there ether it's coming in from the carbs filter or the crank seals are shot, you Deffo don't need a abrasion in there, did you get it to fire up?

Heya, the rebuild is still ongoing - its part of my Baja build (new to 1/5 scale)

The whole thing was second hand so is definitely in need of some tlc

I will do an update on both the engine and Baja threads but its been a bit hectic over the last couple of days lol

• Like 1

We've had a really quite one this year, we lost our dog 4 week ago had him put to sleep poor thing, but ive been out with mine today to get the tuning sorted now I've run it in and wow what a difference a 8th turn go's it's rely quick, ive had 2 strokes all my life and these things are crazy i can't wait to get my dremi out and port the head lol, that will make all the difference iv seen 30.5cc doing wheels out of corners, it's really good to think I'm not going to hurt myself anymore on a bike or somthing else and get the same enjoyment out of this thing blown 2 rear tyres and destroyed the inners i use gaffer tape on them to stop them growing i love these things, don't no what tyres to go for when I port the top end these stock ones arnt going to last two minutes on the grass/mud if you need any help with the rebuild please just ask and ill be willing to help pal, and thanks for talking with me

Edited by flatout!

If you're new on here go over to the "introductions and welcomes" and say a little hello :)

If you're looking for meetups look over in the "bashing and meetups" you might find people in your area :)

Sorry to hear about your dog :(

Enjoy the forum dude, its got some great people on here :)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

i am new to rc building and i would need some advice. i want to build a rc with an engine but, i do not have access to welding.