• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAN, this should be fun. (OHO'S Cross RC 8x8x4)

Having not run it yet I can't properly comment.

But I'm happier with this kit than I am the SCX10 kit :lol: mainly because that had some missing parts.

But yeah, I mean I already knew the driveshafts won't last long, to me that's not a problem, it's not really expensive to sort, so not a huge issue.

With that in mind, the rest of it seems rather well made and has gone together with less troubles than I was expecting.

Some more cab progress.

I can't be bothered to do an interior, with the way it's laid out, it would be quite difficult to actually make it look realistic.

I think the cab area is too short and too high to be in proportion.

I have done some measuring and even made a mock up dashboard and gearstick with gator, but it just won't work to how I want it to look, so just going without, nothing really major.

However, that being said, if any custom designers out there want to give it a try you're more than welcome, I'd pay well for a really nice interior, just the idea I had in mind won't work, feel free to shoot me a PM, the roof won't be going on for a while yet so plenty of time to get ideas in etc...

IMG_4071_zpsf6jievt6.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

Sweet she's taking shape, after all the time doing them shocks whats an hr max building the dash lol get one built you can do it

An hour? LOL... A week :P

Ahh I'm not going to bother trying myself.

After hours trawling Google Images, nothing else has caught my attention really.

Looked in other peoples build threads for some inspiration too but again, nothing terribly inspiring.

I'm possibly going to put some very subtle bolts in the roof to hold it on (countersunk so you can barely see them visible) so if needs be I could always take the roof off at any time and come back to an interior :)

That's all I wanted it for, hence taking out the faster motor and putting a 60T in it, hopefully it'll be literally point it at something and it'll go lol.

I'm also working on making the shocks better, the dampers are a bit stiff, bit of an unusual setup and they actually have no oil and springs inside.

I've tested putting some oil in a couple of them and they're a lot smoother now and it appearsd to have increased the articulation somewhat.

It's a nice day today as well, so might look at getting the inside of the cab sprayed up then finish the outside and spray that too.

Done some spraying today, used more than I expected, burned through tin after tin after tin, got loads more to go as well, I've used 4 tins of primer and 2 tins of green so far, got to go and buy another tin of primer tomorrow and another tin of green, I think in all this paint job will cost me around

Maybe this could be your next project. :yes:

John

Wheels_zps00061d7e.jpg

More of a home grown one I passed the other day one unit pushing and one pulling

2FFE54AB-56DB-42EF-952E-4D4AFA43CFB7_zps

DBACBE4B-87CC-481B-8043-CF8D24BE9C22_zps

Ps looking good but it's still not big enough :thumbsup:

Edited by Peakey29
  • Like 1

im going to get one after seeing this thread.  but im thinking of getting the 8x8 but only using 6 wheels on a shorter chassis then building a trailer with the other wheels.