• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC4WD RC Break-In Testing Unit

53HRA

gallery_4895_8_60737.jpg

Specifications:

• CNC Anodized
  • Material: Aluminum
  • Length: 13.98in / 355mm
  • Width: 5.98in / 152mm
  • Height: 1.57in / 40mm
  • Roller OD: 0.98in / 25mm
  • Weight: 40.53in / 1149g

What's Included:

• 1x RC4WD RC Break-In Testing Unit

Notes:

• For small 4x4 Truck you would need x2 of these
  • For large 1/4 or 1/5 4x4 Scale Truck you would x4 of these
  • Can be used on many sizes of RC to allow for testing/breaking in

gallery_4895_8_48221.jpg

Source: RC4WD :D

• Like 1

Just throw on a telemetry kit. Mount the RPM sensor on the revolving bar and you will get a true wheel RPM read out. My concern would be tyre rubbing and the car popping off the rollers while it moves around, no car ever sits straight, at least none do that I build haha.

i like this idea.

would mean i could test my leccy cars in my room proberly, i can see this selling to people who (like myself) can't get out to a wide open field to test their cars.

at least with this i can try a decent range of throttle in put without making a hole in the wall.

^^ you say that, however, I forsee many holes in many walls when folk exceed a safe speed/have huge ballooning and take off ;)

this is true.

also they mention 1/5th scale....if i put my bajas on them the tyres would just lever it off the rollers instantly so i couldn't do it. with them

could be ok with my 1/8th buggy if i tied it to something first, or my mini recon maybe.

i just looked at the cost.

about $70 each, not including postage.

thats $140 if you got a 4x4 crawler.

$280 if you want one for your losi 5ive or maverick black out.

i like the idea, but damn, i could make my own, sell them cheaper and make some money.

Lets see.....two long pieces of angle bracket with holes drilled close together for mounting the rollers screwed down onto some MDF for a one piece set-up or make two individual ones as in RC4WDs design.

Make the rollers from four pieces of tube with four more pieces of slightly shorter tube that would be a slip fit inside. Then fit bearings in each end then four more pieces of smaller tube that would fit the inner dia of the bearings and finally four pieces of threaded rod to fit right though the small tube and through the angle bracket with nuts on the end. Add washers as required.

Low tech and simple to make and would be a small fraction of RC4WDs price I 'm sure.

John

PS

If making it myself I'd use thick wall ali tubing for the rollers, machine out recess for the bearings and use solid rod for the shafts and thread the ends.

Edited by johninderby

We need scaler rachet straps to tie the cars down!

and gopro vids of engines/motors eating themselves  ;)

RC4WD do scale ratchet straps to tie loads down not shore how strong they are tho :thumbsup:

Is it any differennt to just putting a brick under the chassis or do these have some resistance to mimic load or something.

these have the weight of the car on the wheels, so yes, they would have some load on them, rather than just free spinning (which is bad for the motor i'm told, have my doubts on it being true)